Global Self-service Kiosk Market 2016-2020
Market outlook of the self-service kiosk market
Technavio’s research analyst predicts the global self-service kiosk market to grow steadily at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period. Self-service kiosks offer mutual benefits to businesses that adopt them and consumers, who make use of these services. Businesses find these kiosks as an effective way of reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction. For consumers, self-service kiosks offer convenience as they can get required services instantly without standing in long queues. Due to such benefits, businesses are increasingly adopting self-service kiosks, especially in retail and entertainment sectors, which are likely to be major end-user segments of the market.
An increasing number of smart cities and willingness of consumers to use self-service kiosks are some of the major growth drivers for the market. Smart cities need self-service kiosks such as internet kiosks, government kiosks, and information kiosks to provide real-time information to citizens. These kiosks are mainly used in developed economies, but their adoption is increasing in developing economies as these kiosks are better than traditional ways of information dissemination and transactions.
Application segmentation and analysis of the self-service kiosk market
- Financial services
- Others (public spaces, educational institutions, governments, hotels, and restaurants)
The retail segment dominated the market during 2015, with a market share of 46%. Self-service kiosks are used in self-checkout systems, which is witnessing high adoption. This helps retailers reduce labor costs and consumers to save time.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the self-service kiosk market
The Americas accounted for 62% of the market share during 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2% during the forecast period. The presence of large retailers in the US and increasing adoption of self-service kiosks by segments such as entertainment and financial services is driving the market in the region.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The self-service kiosk market is highly fragmented due to the presence of numerous small and large vendors. This has led to high market competition with several vendors expanding their global presence and entering their competitors’ territories. The vendors in the market compete on the basis of hardware, software, portfolio, pricing, and services offered.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- KIOSK Information Systems
Other prominent vendors in the market include Meridian, Outerwall, Phoenix Kiosk, Photo Finale, Rosendahl Conceptkiosk, and TravelersBox.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global self-service kiosk market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the self-service kiosk market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global self-service kiosk?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the self-service kiosk market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.