5G Equipment Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Apr 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43790
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The global 5G equipment market share is expected to increase by USD 24.26 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 66.62%.
This global 5G equipment market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers the global 5G equipment market segmentation by product (macrocell, small cell, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America). The global 5G equipment market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Cisco Systems Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd., NEC Corp., Nokia Corp., Qorvo Inc., Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, and ZTE Corp. among others.
What will the 5G Equipment Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Global 5G Equipment Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
5G Equipment Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The adoption of 5G networks for smart cities is notably driving the global 5G equipment market growth, although factors such as energy efficiency challenges in 5G small cell networks may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global 5G equipment market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key 5G Equipment Market Driver
The adoption of 5G networks for smart cities is one of the key factors driving the growth of the global 5G equipment market. Smart cities are gaining popularity as a result of the sophisticated technology that makes them more convenient. Information and communication technology (ICT) is commonly used in these cities to construct connected and harmonized public amenities and infrastructure. Because every component must be connected to the Internet and integrated, communication is a critical component of the overall infrastructure. Internet, telephone, and wireless communications services are all necessary for commercial use. A smart city necessitates a large number of machine-to-machine communication applications. Smart metering, property monitoring, logistics management, and smart parking are just a few of the major MTC uses. Because they are placed in tough locations such as basements and farms, these huge applications use relatively low data rates but require considerable long-range connectivity. The demand for 5G networks will grow as data transmission and communications become more efficient.
Key 5G Equipment Market Trend
The growing R&D and deployment of the 5G network will fuel the global 5G equipment market growth. In the future, R&D activities and trend-setting innovations are expected to increase. The increase in R&D activities, along with the improvement of items joining trend-setting innovations, are probably going to increment during the conjecture time frame. In October 2019, Qualcomm Inc. (Qualcomm) announced $200 million in venture subsidies for organizations constructing the 5G biological system. Since 2018, Ericsson has been focusing on 5G R&D and has contributed more than $350 million to 5G R&D. The organization is focused on creating 5G and other imaginative portable innovations. In January 2020, Chinese vendor Huawei completed 5G New Radio testing using a 2.6 GHz spectrum in the 5G trial organized by the IMT-2020 (5G) promotion group. The company's dominating position in test completion and newly acquired results further accelerate the progress of 5G technology R&D and help in forming a set of unified global standards to impressively conclude China's second phase of the 5G test. The evolution of 5G technology will compel vendors to develop wireless test equipment that effectively supports the technology.
Key 5G Equipment Market Challenge
The energy efficiency challenges in 5G small cell networks is a major challenge for the global 5G equipment market growth. 5G networks are projected to make communication between linked devices like driverless vehicles, electronic healthcare, smart cities, and building and home automation easier. In these applications, the implementation of 5G networks would enable real-time monitoring and control of numerous connected devices. With the integration of 5G networks in these applications, the threat of cyber-attacks will grow. Hacking connected devices to collect customer data or breaching many devices to launch a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) assault on important target servers are examples of cyber-attacks on 5G networks. Moreover, numerous small cell manufacturing organizations will face a challenge to meet the above-mentioned requirements. The transmission power, although it increases computational cost, will lessen with the utilization of advancements, for example, Massive MIMO. In this manner, firms need to address the exchange off, wherein they have to choose whether computational or transmission power is increasingly imperative to keep up the vitality proficiency of 5G little cell systems.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global 5G equipment market as part of the communications equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the global 5G equipment market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Global 5G Equipment Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd.
- NEC Corp.
- Nokia Corp.
- Qorvo Inc.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- ZTE Corp.
This statistical study of the global 5G equipment market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The global 5G equipment market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Cisco Systems Inc. - This company offers various 5G equipment such as branch routers, Cisco SD-WAN, wireless, and mobility wifi.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The global 5G equipment market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
5G Equipment Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the global 5G equipment market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for the 5G Equipment Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
32% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for global 5G equipment in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The significant increase in the adoption of cloud services by enterprises across industries in countries will facilitate the global 5G equipment market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic impacted manufacturing activities in such countries. In addition, 5G networks provided by companies faced financial and operational challenges due to the economic slowdown caused by COVID-19. Hence, the market registered a slow growth rate in 2020. However, in 2021, the initiation of large-scale vaccination drives?lifted the lockdown and travel restrictions, which led to the resumption of supply chain activities. Such factors are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the 5G Equipment Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The global 5G equipment market share growth by the Macrocell segment will be significant during the forecast period. With the growing urbanization, cities are expanding rapidly. As a result, the demand for greater coverage for wireless connectivity is increasing. The demand for high network bandwidth is also growing. Increasing demand for high-speed data services in larger areas is a major factor driving the demand for macrocells by telecommunications service providers. Macrocells are high-power network cells that provide radio coverage for cellular networks.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the global 5G equipment market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
5G Equipment Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 66.62%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 24.26 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 32%
Key consumer countries
US, China, UK, South Korea (Republic of Korea), and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Cisco Systems Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd., NEC Corp., Nokia Corp., Qorvo Inc., Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, and ZTE Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this 5G Equipment Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive global 5G equipment market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the global 5G equipment market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the global 5G equipment industry across North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of global 5G equipment market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis - Communications Equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Macrocell - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Macrocell - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Macrocell - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Small cell - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Small cell - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Comparison of various small cells
- Exhibit 21: Small cell - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 22: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 23: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 24: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 26: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 27: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 29: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 37: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 38: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 39: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 40: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 41: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 45: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Cisco Systems Inc.
- Exhibit 46: Cisco Systems Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 47: Cisco Systems Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 48: Cisco Systems Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 49: Cisco Systems Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 50: Cisco Systems Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Fujitsu Ltd.
- Exhibit 51: Fujitsu Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 52: Fujitsu Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 53: Fujitsu Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 54: Fujitsu Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: Fujitsu Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 56: Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 59: Huawei Investment & Holding Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.6 NEC Corp.
- Exhibit 60: NEC Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: NEC Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: NEC Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 63: NEC Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: NEC Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Nokia Corp.
- Exhibit 65: Nokia Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Nokia Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Nokia Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 68: Nokia Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: Nokia Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Qorvo Inc.
- Exhibit 70: Qorvo Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Qorvo Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 72: Qorvo Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 73: Qorvo Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: Qorvo Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Qualcomm Inc.
- Exhibit 75: Qualcomm Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Qualcomm Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Qualcomm Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Qualcomm Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 79: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Exhibit 83: Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson - Overview
- Exhibit 84: Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson - Key news
- Exhibit 86: Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson - Key offerings
- Exhibit 87: Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson - Segment focus
- 10.12 ZTE Corp.
- Exhibit 88: ZTE Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 89: ZTE Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 90: ZTE Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 91: ZTE Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 92: ZTE Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 93: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 94: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 95: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 96: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 97: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- South Korea (Republic of Korea)
- adoption of 5G networks for smart cities
- Growing R&D and deployment of 5G network
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts