Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 123
- SKU: IRTNTR44867
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The consumer stationery retailing market share is expected to increase by USD 7.04 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 2.57%.
This consumer stationery retailing market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers consumer stationery retailing market segmentations by product (paper-based stationery, writing equipment, and marking and correction equipment) and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA). The consumer stationery retailing market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Amazon.com Inc., Carrefour SA, Metro AG, Penney IP LLC, Target Corp., Tesco Plc, The ODP Corporation, Walmart Inc., and WH Smith Plc among others.
What will the Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Consumer Stationery Retailing Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The growing emphasis on omnichannel retail is notably driving the consumer stationery retailing market growth, although factors such as pricing pressures due to fierce market competition may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the consumer stationery retailing industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Driver
The growing emphasis on omnichannel retail is a major factor driving the global consumer stationery retailing market share growth. Several retailers, such as Staples and Office Depot, are increasingly adopting omnichannel retail strategies for the distribution of consumer stationery products. These retailers offer a diverse range of stationery products through brick-and-mortar stores, such as traditional retail outlets, and online retail platforms. The growing penetration of Internet-enabled mobile devices in countries such as the US, China, and India have resulted in a steady shift toward online retail platforms as the preferred purchase channel for consumer stationery supplies in these countries. Factors such as shopping convenience and easy product comparison have been key to the growing popularity of online retail for consumer stationery products. However, traditional retail outlets, such as stationery stores and distributor shops located near educational institutions, continue to retain a major revenue share over online channels. Such retail stores operate as multi-brand outlets (MBOs) with a high emphasis on product variety, price-based promotions, and consumer shopping experience. Therefore, the growing emphasis on multichannel retail platforms is expected to boost the growth of the global consumer stationery retailing market during the forecast period.
Key Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Trend
The rise in demand for specialized merchandise is another factor supporting the global consumer stationery retailing market share growth. The increased demand for specialized merchandise is a key trend in the global gifts retailing market. The market exhibits a clear distinction between specialty merchandisers and mass merchandisers. Lately, the market has been witnessing a high demand for gift, novelty, and souvenir retailers. Specialized gift stores majorly offer gifts that are crafted by local artisans. This leads to a high degree of product differentiation among specialty retailers. This boosts the demand for specialized merchandise among the premium customer segment. Souvenir and gift retailers can also act as distributors of specialized merchandise. For instance, Disney licenses its trade names, characters, and visual and literary properties to various retailers, promoters, and publishers. The company also engages in the retail and wholesale distribution of products through the Disney Store. Due to such reasons, the market will continue to grow during the forecast period.
Key Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Challenge
The pricing pressures due to fierce market competition will be a major challenge for the global consumer stationery retailing market share growth during the forecast period. Alternatives to specialty gift retailers include department stores, mass merchandisers, e-retailers, novelty, and souvenirs. The presence of numerous players in the market increases market competition, which in turn, leads to increased pricing pressure. To withstand the increased pricing pressure, the existing market vendors are adopting economical pricing strategies. Such strategies negatively impact the profit margins of major market players. Additionally, e-retailers pose tough competition to specialty gift and souvenir retailers. The growth of e-retailing is prevalent in regions that are characterized by deep Internet and smart gadget penetration. Moreover, the presence of alternative gift retailers impacts the strategies of other players existing in the global gifts retailing market. The revenue and price offerings of these retailers impact the pricing strategies and pricing scales of other vendors in the market. In essence, increased pricing pressures restrain the growth of the global gifts retailing market to a certain extent.
This consumer stationery retailing market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global consumer stationary retailing market as part of the global education services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the consumer stationery retailing market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Carrefour SA
- Metro AG
- Penney IP LLC
- Target Corp.
- Tesco Plc
- The ODP Corporation
- Walmart Inc.
- WH Smith Plc
This statistical study of the consumer stationery retailing market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The consumer stationery retailing market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as increasing mergers and acquisitions to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.- The company offers a wide range of stationery products including tapes, glues, pens, pencils, notebooks, and diaries under multiple brands such as Huahao and XINYA, designed for individuals and school applications.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The consumer stationery retailing market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the consumer stationery retailing market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global education services market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Consumer Stationery Retailing Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
45% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for the consumer stationery retailing market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in South America.
The growing demand for stationery products in the education sector as a result of rapid improvement in academic infrastructure will facilitate the consumer stationery retailing market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Consumer Stationery Retailing Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The consumer stationery retailing market share growth by the paper-based stationery segment will be significant during the forecast period. The increasing use of recycled paper to produce paper-based stationery and product differentiation strategies adopted by manufacturers and retailers, such as interactive notebooks and fashion-based stationery, will help expand the segment's revenue considerably during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the consumer stationery retailing market size and actionable market insights on post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 2.57%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 7.04 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 45%
Key consumer countries
US, China, India, Germany, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Amazon.com Inc., Carrefour SA, Metro AG, Penney IP LLC, Target Corp., Tesco Plc, The ODP Corporation, Walmart Inc., and WH Smith Plc
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Consumer Stationery Retailing Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive consumer stationery retailing market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the consumer stationery retailing market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the consumer stationery retailing industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of consumer stationery retailing market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Education Services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Paper-based stationery - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Paper-based stationery - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Paper-based stationery - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Writing equipment - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Writing equipment - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Writing equipment - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Marking and correction equipment - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Marking and correction equipment - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Marking and correction equipment - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 24: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 37: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 39: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 40: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 41: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 42: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive landscape
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 43: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 44: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- 10.4 Amazon.com Inc.
- Exhibit 50: Amazon.com Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Amazon.com Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 52: Amazon.com Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 53: Amazon.com Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: Amazon.com Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Carrefour SA
- Exhibit 55: Carrefour SA - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Carrefour SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: Carrefour SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: Carrefour SA - Segment focus
- 10.6 Metro AG
- Exhibit 59: Metro AG - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Metro AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 61: Metro AG - Key offerings
- 10.7 Penney IP LLC
- Exhibit 62: Penney IP LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 63: Penney IP LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 64: Penney IP LLC - Key offerings
- 10.8 Target Corp.
- Exhibit 65: Target Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Target Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Target Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 68: Target Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Tesco Plc
- Exhibit 69: Tesco Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Tesco Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Tesco Plc – Key news
- Exhibit 72: Tesco Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Tesco Plc - Segment focus
- 10.10 The ODP Corporation
- Exhibit 74: The ODP Corporation - Overview
- Exhibit 75: The ODP Corporation - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: The ODP Corporation - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: The ODP Corporation - Segment focus
- 10.11 Walmart Inc.
- Exhibit 78: Walmart Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Walmart Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Walmart Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 81: Walmart Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Walmart Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.12 WH Smith Plc
- Exhibit 83: WH Smith Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 84: WH Smith Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: WH Smith Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 86: WH Smith Plc - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 87: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 88: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 89: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 90: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 91: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growing emphasis on omnichannel retail
- Rise in demand for specialized merchandise
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts