Global Coconut Water Market 2016-2020
- Published: Dec 2016
- Pages: 85
- SKU: IRTNTR11095
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report identifies players like Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and Vita Coco to be the key vendors in the global coconut water market. This research report also presents a detailed segmentation of the market by product type (sweetened and unsweetened), flavor type (flavored and plain), distribution channel (supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialist retailers, and others), and geography (the Americas, APAC, Europe, and ROW).
Overview of the global coconut water market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global coconut water market to grow at an impressive CAGR of close to 27% between 2016 and 2020. Coconut water has become a perfect alternative to several carbonated drinks and sugar-laden drinks such as juices and nectars. It is a health drink, enriched with sodium, potassium, and electrolytes that can replenish body fluids. Coconut water also meets consumer demand for drinks that are free from artificial flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, additives, and gluten. Coconut water also helps in reducing blood pressure, which is a major reason for the increased demand for packaged coconut water over other fruit drinks. Some of the other health benefits of coconut water include weight reduction, enhanced skin texture, and improved digestion. Also, the growing popularity of coconut water in foodservice chains will contribute to the growth of the overall market during the forecast period. Many restaurants and eateries in the US and other countries are offering new health beverage products, such as coconut water, as a mainstream drink in their menus.
Geographically, the Americas dominated the global market during 2015, where the US is the largest consumer of coconut water in the region. Consumers are now shifting from high-sugar carbonated soft drinks to more natural drinks such as coconut water. New product introductions such as flavored coconut water and other innovative products will act as key growth drivers of the market in the region.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global coconut water market has huge potential and is likely to witness tremendous growth during the forecast period. The major market players such as Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and Red Bull have made massive investments in several regions across the globe, which will have a positive impact on the overall market. Price, quality, product differentiation, distribution, and promotion are the key factors based on which the vendors compete. It is crucial for the vendors to focus on innovations in terms of blending, flavor, and taste to retain customer loyalty in the market. The low capital cost involved in setting up the bottling plant for coconut water is attracting new entrants, which will further intensify the competition in the coconut water market.
Some of the leading vendors in the market are –
- Vita Coco
Want to know what goes into a Technavio report? Get a FREE sample to see selected illustrations and analysis straight from this report.
Segmentation by product type and analysis of the coconut water market
The unsweetened water segment is expected to grow at a faster rate compared to the sweetened segment over the predicted period. The increase in consumer demand for beverages without added-sugar and other preservatives is the major driving factor for this segment’s growth. Some of the major vendors in the unsweetened coconut water segment include Coco Libre, Purity Organics, ZICO, and Zola. It is important for the manufacturers to label their products accurately to represent that they do not contain any amount of sugar. The unsweetened coconut water is bland in terms of taste and does not interfere with any other flavors. It is a 100% juice product with simple ingredients and can be developed with an ideal viscosity level and an improved nutritional profile.
Segmentation by flavor type and analysis of the coconut water market
Flavored coconut water is gaining popularity in the market due to the increase in demand for nutritious, blended better-for-you beverages among the millennials across the globe. Consumers are opting for natural flavoring agents and without any added sugar coconut water. For instance, Purity Organic, a US-based manufacturer of different varieties of organic coconut water, offers Pineapple Coconut Water and Organic Mango Coconut Water, which are a natural source of hydration prepared with no added sugar.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global coconut water market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global coconut water market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global coconut water market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global coconut water market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and ROW.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global coconut water market?
Want to dial in on a specific region or segment? We can help! Our analysts can customize this market research report to meet your requirements. Get in touch.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
- Regional product lifecycle for global coconut water market
- Marketing mix for global packaged coconut water industry
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Largest coconut-producing countries
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Global health and wellness food market
- Global coconut water market
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Technological outlook for processing coconut water
- Technology used in processing coconut water
PART 07: Market segmentation by product type
- Global coconut water market by product type
- Global sweetened coconut water market
- Global unsweetened coconut water market
PART 08: Market segmentation by flavor type
- Global coconut water market by flavor type
- Global flavored coconut water market
- Global plain coconut water market
PART 09: Geographical segmentation
- Global coconut water market by geography
- Coconut water market in Americas
- Coconut water market in APAC
- Coconut water market in Europe
- Coconut water market in ROW
PART 10: Market segmentation by distribution channel
- Global coconut water market by distribution channel
PART 11: Key leading countries
PART 12: Market drivers
- Health benefits associated with consumption of coconut water
- Rise in number of coconut water-based drinks positioned as a natural sports drink
- Growing media buzz and celebrity endorsements
- Increase in product launches
PART 13: Impact of drivers
PART 14: Market challenges
- Availability of tender coconuts
- Increasing prominence of other plant-based drinks
- False claims by certain manufacturers
- Presence of undeclared allergens in coconut water
PART 15: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 16: Market trends
- Emergence of coconut water as a mixer
- Packaging innovations
- Emergence of ethical consumerism
- Growing popularity of coconut water in foodservice chains
PART 17: Competitor analysis
- Competitive scenario
- Competitive positioning assessment
- Strategic roadmap for manufacturers operating in the global coconut water market assessment
- Market positioning matrix based on product portfolio and distribution network for key market players
- Vita Coco
- Other prominent vendors
PART 18: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 19: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.