Global Electromagnetic Compatibility Filter Market 2016-2020
- Published: Jun 2016
- Pages: 73
- SKU: IRTNTR9646
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This industry research report presents a detailed segmentation of the global electromagnetic compatibility filter market by end-user (energy efficient drive systems, automotive, rail technology, renewable energy, power supplies for electronic devices, machine tools and robotics, electrical infrastructure, and others) and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA). The key vendors in the market are Astrodyne, EPCOS TDK, ETS-Lindgren (US), Schaffner, and Schurter.
Overview of the EMC filter market
Market research analysts at Technavio have predicted that the global electromagnetic compatibility filter market will grow steadily at a CAGR of over 6% by 2020. This market research analysis identifies the growing incorporation of electronic weapons and vehicles in defense arsenals as one of the primary factors that will contribute to the growth of the EMI suppressor market. The exponential increase in the number and types of security threats has induced countries all over the globe to incorporate unmanned aerial surveillance systems and other electronic weaponry to their defense arsenal. Since these surveillance systems offer advantages like no thermal heat signature to become invisible to the enemy, the demand for EMC filters from the defense sector is expected to increase significantly in the coming years.
Due to EMI (electromagnetic interference), manufacturing companies had to endure costly consequences and rectifying the issue was always time-consuming. Industries have started considering the EMI factor right at the product/facility design stage, and this has helped them to identify the source and impact of EMI on the production process or other machinery. This also enables them to identify suitable electromagnetic interference filters to attenuate this problem, thereby reducing rectification costs. This dynamic customer design model is identified as one of the major trends that will gain traction in this market in the next four years.
Segmentation by end-user and analysis of the EMC filter market
- Energy efficient drive systems
- Rail technology
- Renewable energy
- Power supplies for electronic devices
- Machine tools and robotics
- Electrical infrastructure
During 2015, the energy efficient drive systems segment accounted for about 23% of the total market share and dominated EMC filter market. Energy efficient systems increase the average lifecycle of the plant by reducing power consumption, lowering carbon emission levels and by lowering the total maintenance cost. This will lead to the rise in demand for this market segment, which in turn will increase the demand for the EMC filter market.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the EMC filter market
This market study estimates that EMEA will account for about 53% of the EMC filter market by 2020 and will dominate this market throughout the forecast period. Revolution of the automotive industry by HEV (hybrid electric vehicle) and EV (electric vehicle) segments and the increasing awareness of manufacturing industries on the implementation of energy efficient systems will fuel the growth of the market in this region.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Due to the presence of a several international and domestic electromagnetic interference filter vendors, the EMC filter market appears highly fragmented. Vendors usually compete on the basis of product pricing, MTBF (mean time between failures), the maximum temperature that the filters can operate in, input current and voltage that they can withstand, and product advantages.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- EPCOS TDK
- ETS-Lindgren (US)
The other prominent vendors in the market are TE Connectivity, TOTAL EMC Products, DEM Manufacturing, REO UK, and Gauss Instruments.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the EMC filter market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the EMC filter market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the EMC filter market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the EMC filter market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the EMC filter market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- EMC filters
- Comparison between single-phase and three-phase EMC filters
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five force analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation End-user
- Global EMC filter market by end-users
- Global EMC filter market in energy-efficient drive systems segment
- Global EMC filter market in automotive segment
- Global EMC filter market in rail technology segment
- Global EMC filter market in renewable energy segment
- Global EMC filter market in alternate power supply devices segment
- Global EMC filter market in machine tools and robotics segment
- Global EMC filter market in electrical infrastructure segment
- Global EMC filter market in others segment
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global EMC filter market by geography
- EMC filter market in EMEA
- EMC filter market in APAC
- EMC filter market in the Americas
PART 08: Market drivers
- Growing incorporation of electronic weapons and vehicles in defense arsenals
- Stringent regulations pertaining to product quality
- Need to achieve high energy efficiency
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- High cost of design
- Competition from new players
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Acquisition of competitors by major players
- Dynamic customer design model
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other prominent vendors
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
PART 15: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 16: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.