Global Cancer Pain Therapeutics Market 2015-2019
Market outlook of the global cancer pain therapeutics market
The global market for cancer pain therapeutics is expected to post a healthy market growth rate of more than 9% during the forecast period. Steady growth of this market can be attributed to the launch of new products that specifically treats pain related to cancer.
Technavio’s market research analyst anticipates factors such as the unmet medical needs of patients to drive the market growth during the forecast period. Currently, the drugs that are available for reducing pains associated with cancer have a prolonged duration of action and are characterized by undesirable effects like sedation and respiratory depression. Consequently, this presents an opportunity for the vendors to bring in therapies with fewer side effects and a better efficacy parameter.
Geographical segmentation of the cancer pain therapeutics market
Geographically, the Americas are expected to account for more than 47% of the total market share by 2019. In the Americas, the US is considered to be the highest revenue-generating geography due to the recent increase in the incidence of cancer in this region.
Drug-class segmentation of the cancer pain therapeutics market
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are the most commonly used drugs because of their high efficacy and anti-inflammatory action. These drugs block the production of prostaglandins by inhibiting the cyclooxygenase enzyme and, therefore, reduce the pain at the site of injury.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is highly fragmented and contains numerous competitive small and large vendors. Large vendors like BioDelivery Sciences and ProStrakan Group dominate this market during the forecast period and constantly compete with each other to gain maximum traction in this market.
Leading vendors in this market are -
- BioDelivery Sciences
- ProStrakan Group
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
Other promienent vendors are Daiichi Sankyo, Eli-lilly, Galena Biopharma, Grunenthal Group, GW Pharmaceuticals, Hospira, Johnson & Johnson, Meda Pharmaceuticals, Orexo, Sanofi, Sorrento Therapeutics, and WEX Pharmaceuticals.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global cancer pain therapeutics market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global cancer pain therapeutics market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global cancer pain therapeutics market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global cancer pain therapeutics market?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global cancer pain therapeutics market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.