Global Cervical Cancer Market 2015-2019
Market outlook of the global cervical cancer market
Cervical cancer is generally characterized by the abnormal growth of the cancerous cells in the tissues of the cervix and may manifest itself as a squamous-cell carcinoma or adenocarcinoma. In this market research report, Technavio’s analyst has estimated factors like the rising public awareness about vaccines and the dominance of initial screening tests to result in this market’s modest growth rate of almost 5% by 2019.
Geographically, the Americas are expected to account for almost 49% of the total market share by 2019. In the Americas, the US region is envisaged to be the highest revenue contributor due to the advent of Avastin targeted therapy and the vaccine Gardasil 9.
Application-based segmentation of the cervical cancer market
- Prophylactic vaccines market
- Therapeutic drugs market
In this market analysis, Technavio’s market research analysts have estimated the prophylactic vaccines market segment to show the highest market growth rate during the forecast period. High market growth rate of this segment can be attributed to factors like the launch of effective vaccines, like Merck's Gardasil and GSK's Cervarix, during the forecast period.
Segmentation by type of therapy and analysis of the cervical cancer market
- Targeted therapy
The vaccines segment is expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period. This segment contains popular vaccines like Gardasil, Gardasil 9, and Cervarix that aid in the prevention of different types of cervical cancer. Consequently, analysts estimate this segment to dominate the market during the next five years.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is characterized by the presence of some prominent vendors who dominate this market during the forecast period due to their superior product portfolio. The launch of effective drugs and vaccines like Gardasil 9 is expected to intensify the competition between the vendors.
Key leading vendors in this market are -
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
Other prominent vendors in this market are Advaxis, Bionor Pharma, Dendreon, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, ISA Pharmaceuticals, Otsuka Pharmaceutical, Profectus, Virometix, and Zeria Pharmaceutical.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global cervical cancer market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global cervical cancer market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global cervical cancer market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global cervical cancer market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, EMEA, and the Americas?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global cervical cancer market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.