Global Access Control as a Service Market 2016-2020
Market outlook of the access control as a service market
Technavio’s research analyst predicts the global access control as a service market to grow steadily at a CAGR of over 24% during the forecast period. The adoption of bring your own device (BYOD) policy by organizations to improve their mobility and productivity is a key driver for the tremendous market growth. This policy has increased the demand for data and network access control from remote locations.
However, security and storage concerns are expected to hinder the market growth during the forecast period. As access control as a service is a cloud-based solution and is managed by a third party, the level of vulnerability increases. The information stored in the database can be easily compromised, which is a major risk for the end-users.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the access control as a service market
- Network access control as a service
- Data access control as a service
During 2015, data access control as a service accounted for a larger market share with over 55% of the market. Data access control as a service is also expected to witness high revenue growth during the forecast period with a CAGR of over 25%.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the access control as a service market
In 2015, the Americas accounted for the largest market share of over 45%, followed by EMEA and APAC. The early adoption of the Internet in the region has led to advances in security threats and new types of cybercrime techniques, such as mobile malware attacks and DDoS. This has resulted in increased adoption of access-control-as-a-service solutions.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global access control as a service market is a highly fragmented, niche market with the presence of limited number of vendors. Providers in the market compete based on pricing, innovation, service, reputation, distribution, and promotion. As the market is still in its development stage, small vendors with innovative solutions have the chances of being acquired by large players in the market.
The leading vendors in the market are –
Other prominent vendors in the market include Brivo, Centrify, Datawatch Systems, Digital Hands, Gemalto, Forcefield Systems, Kastle Systems, and Keyscan.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global access control as a service market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the access control as a service market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by vendors in the global access control as a service market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, EMEA, and APAC?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the access control as a service market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.