Global Articulated Robots Market 2015-2019
Market outlook of articulated robots
An articulated robot is a robotic arm that uses rotary joints to perform precise movements repeatedly and consistently. These robots are broadly used in manufacturing industries for various applications such as welding, sealing, assembling, material handling, picking, cutting, painting and spraying, and machine tending. Technavio expects the global articulated robots market to grow at a steady pace, posting a CAGR of more than 16% during the forecast period.
One of the major drivers expediting the growth of the articulated robots market is the need for precise operation in assembly lines. With growing consumption of end-user products, the need for bulk production to cater to the high demand has increased. Therefore, articulated robots are used to produce in bulk with precision and at a much faster rate than humans can manage, thus increasing the production efficiency, minimize human effort and error, and increase the quality of the end products.
End-user segmentation of the articulated robots market
- Automotive industry
- Electrical and electronics industry
- Heavy machinery industry
- Metal industry
- Food and beverages industry
- Chemical industry
Articulated robots are widely used in automotive industries as they are considered more cost effective and reliable than the traditional pneumatic tooling and hard fixtures. They offer fast implementation of tool changes as the robot tooling is in a closed loop and servo controlled.
Geographical segmentation of the articulated robots market
As of 2014, the APAC region held the largest market share in the articulated robots market with over 52% share and will continue to dominate the market during the forecast period due to the large presence of manufacturing industries such as automotive, electrical and electronics, food and beverages, and heavy machinery.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Majority of the vendors in the articulated robots market are focusing on the development of application-specific and industry-specific articulated robots, which will help them to gain a competitive edge in the market and enhance their market share.
Top vendors in this market are -
- Yaskawa Electric
Other prominent vendors included in this report are Kawasaki Robotics, Adept Technology, American Robot, Denso Wave, and ST Robotics.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global articulated robots market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global articulated robots market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global articulated robots market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global articulated robots market?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global articulated robots market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.