Aquaculture Market in China - Report Analysis and Forecast 2015-2019
Market Definition and Growth Prospects:
Aquaculture is the breeding, rearing, and harvesting of aquatic organisms under controlled conditions in various water bodies. It includes fishes, aquatic plants, mollusks, and crustaceans. The primary function of aquaculture is to produce seafood. It uses a host of techniques and technologies to raise aquatic plant and animal species.
The Aquaculture Market in China is growing at a steady pace owing to the geographical conditions of China that favor the aquaculture of large species of fish. The Aquaculture market is thriving on the growing Chinese appetite for live and fresh aquatic produce, as well as processed products among different classes of consumers. While domestically, processed aquaculture products are primarily being exported, high quality, safe food, as well as premium aquaculture products are also gaining a foothold in China.
The Aquaculture Market in China is expected to reach around US$100 billion by 2019.
Key Regions for Aquaculture in China:
Aquaculture production in China has become more concentrated in recent years with the top 11 provinces accounting for almost 90 percent of the production.
These provinces are mostly situated on the eastern riverside, and many are coastal areas. There are provinces that are most important in terms of culture-specific and unique aquaculture products.
The research report also highlights the most developed province for seawater aquaculture as well as freshwater aquaculture in China.
Consumption Preferences of Chinese Customers Influencing Demand:
- In China, aquaculture is booming owing to the demand for freshwater cultured products for consumption on account of affordability.
- Imported sea culture products such as squid, cod and mackerel that are domestically popular have caused an upsurge in domestic aquaculture production.
- Busy lifestyles are propelling the demand for processed aquaculture production of seafood such as prawns and tilapia fillets.
- An increased appetite for ready-to-cook and processed foods is driving demand for shellfish, shrimp, and fish.
- Imported high-value seafood which are popular in restaurants and hotels are furthering the growth of the aquaculture market.
Segmentation of Aquaculture Market in China by Product Type:
The research report on aquaculture includes a breakdown of the Aquaculture Market in China by the product type, in terms of volumes calculated in tonnes.
The Aquaculture Market in China is Divided into the Following Product Segments:
- Freshwater Fish
The report on Aquaculture Market in China presents the market landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of its top four companies.
Overview of Market Landscape: Aquaculture Production in China:
The Aquaculture market in China is highly fragmented and consists of a many small and mid-sized players, mainly composed of self-employed farmers.
Aquaculture production chains are geographically large, complex, and interlinked. Players in the market are constantly looking for ways to enhance their production techniques, in terms of efficiency and effectiveness. They are also paying increasing attention towards optimization of resources and human capacity.
The research report also discusses in-depth, the seafood distribution scenario and the various channels involved in aquaculture production.
China has approximately 300 seafood markets, which act as regional hubs for distribution. Covering the vivacity of the Aquaculture Market in China, the report provides a breakdown of the market share in terms of institutional, food service and retail channels.
Segmentation of Aquaculture Market in China by Top Companies: (Market Shares Included):
The research report on the Aquaculture Market in China includes business segmentation, geographical segmentation and a detailed SWOT Analysis of the top companies.
The Bigger Players in the Market Comprise of the Following:
- Zhangzidao Group
- Zhanjiang Guolian Aquatic Products
- Shandong Homey Aquatic Development
- Shandong Oriental Ocean
Other prominent vendors in the Aquaculture Market in China include, Baiyang Aquatic, Dahu Aquaculture, Hubei Wuchangyu, Liancheng Overseas Fishery, Ningde Xiawei Food, and Xunshan Group.
Other Sections of the Report Include an Analysis on the Following:
- Key Drivers and their Impact on the Aquaculture Market in China
- Key Challenges and their Impact on the Aquaculture Market in China
- Key three Trends and their Impact on the Aquaculture Market in China
- Five Forces Analysis of the Aquaculture Market in China
- Market Share Analysis of Key Vendors in the Aquaculture Market in China
- Understand Aquaculture statistics in terms of Global versus APAC versus China
- Understand China’s seafood distribution channel market share
Technavio also offers customizations on reports based upon specific client requirement.