Global Automotive Advance Driver Assistance System Market 2016-2020
Overview of the global advance driver assistance system market
Market research analysts at Technavio predict that the global advance driver assistance system market will grow steadily during the next four years and post a CAGR of almost 20% by 2020. This market research analysis identifies the increasing demand for night vision systems and blind spot detection from the emerging economies as one of the primary growth factors for the advance driver assistance system (ADAS) market. Owing to the constantly increasing disposable income and the rise in awareness towards the installation of safety systems, the developing countries such as China, India, and Thailand will witness a rapid increase in the demand for automobiles equipped with safety systems such as night vision systems. Moreover, the high demand for luxury vehicles in these countries will also result in the adoption of blind spot detection systems, which will in turn, aid in the growth of the driver assistance systems market.
In addition to being expensive, the traditional automobile cameras that use CCD technology generate a distorted image on the display units. As a result, original equipment manufacturers will soon shift their focus toward the use of CMOS image sensors in the camera modules since all pixels of these image sensors have their own charge-to-voltage conversion. These image sensors normally include noise-correction, digitize circuits, and amplifiers that help in generating blur-free rear-view images and can also work effectively under extreme weather temperatures. Owing to these benefits, the coming years will witness an exponential increase in the usage of CMOS imaging in camera-based advance driver assistance systems.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The market is characterized by the presence of a considerable number of advanced driver assistance systems companies and is dominated by key vendors such as Bosch, Continental, Delphi, Magna, Valeo, and ZF-TRW. The competitive environment among existing vendors is fierce and the market’s growth potential will likely intensify the competition among market players. The industry has a number of players who have been major vendors for over a significant period of time. As a result, they acquire several advantages such as a broad understanding of the industry and the creation of bonds with the supply ecosystem. This poses a stiff challenge for new advanced driver assistance systems vendors to enter the market.
The leading vendors in the market are -
The other prominent vendors in the market are ADASENS Automotive, BASELABS, Bosch SoftTec, CogniVue, Elektrobit, Jasmin Infotech, Navigon, NexyadMobileye, Omnivision, Aptina, nVidia, Qualcomm, FreescaleIAV, KPIT Cummins, Neusoft, Ricardo, Tata Elxsi, Tata Consulting, and Wipro.
Segmentation by type and analysis of the advance driver assistance system market
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
- Automotive emergency braking system (AEBS)
- Adaptive forward lighting (AFL)
- Auto pilot (AP)
- Blind spot detection (BSD)
- Data stream management system (DSMS)
- Forward warning collision system (FCWS)
- Lane departure warning system (LDWS)
- Night vision system (NVS)
- Parking assist system (PAS)
- Pedestrian protection systems (PPS)
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Traffic sign recognition (TSR)
During 2015, the AEBS market segment accounted for major market shares and dominated this industry. It has been observed that, the installation of AEBS has significantly reduced the number of rear-end collisions. As a result, organizations across the globe will soon mandate the installation of AEBS in all automobiles, which will drive the market’s growth prospects in this segment. Moreover, the increasing focus of the automotive industry toward developing autonomous vehicles, will also fuel the growth of the market.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the advance driver assistance system market
This market study estimates that in terms of geographical regions, EMEA will be the major revenue contributor to the market by the end of the forecast period. Though the market is currently dominated by the Americas, the presence of major automobile manufacturers and the expected growth in sales of automobiles, will propel the growth of the driver assist systems market in this region.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global advance driver assistance system market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global advance driver assistance system market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global advance driver assistance system market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global advance driver assistance system market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global advance driver assistance system market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.