Global MEMS Pressure Sensors Market 2016-2020
An overview of the MEMS pressure sensors market
Technavio’s research analyst predicts the global MEMS pressure sensors market to grow steadily at a CAGR of 14% during the forecast period. The MEMS pressure sensors are integrated into the monitoring and controlling system used in various applications across automotive, industrial, medical, consumer electronic, and high-end devices. Growth in vehicle automation has led to the increasing need for semiconductor devices such as MEMS pressure sensors in several automobile applications. The increase in vehicle automation will have a huge impact on the automotive segment as the applications of MEMS pressure sensors are expected to grow during the forecast period.
The use of biocompatible material for manufacturing these sensors and their small form factor are contributing to the increased adoption of MEMS pressure sensors in the healthcare industry. With the miniaturization and the growing demand for sophisticated medical devices, the adoption of MEMS pressure sensors will increase during the forecast period.
Segmentation of the MEMS pressure sensors market by technology
- Capacitive pressure sensors
- Piezoresistive pressure sensors
- Piezoelectric pressure sensors
Piezoresistive pressure sensors are implanted with piezo-resistors directly on the silicon diaphragm, which is done with the help of boron, and is diffused to selected regions of maximum stress. These sensors are easy to manufacture and enable linear operation over a wide range of applications.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the MEMS pressure sensors market
- North America
APAC accounted for more than 50% of the market share during 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of almost 16% during the forecast period. The majority of the revenue from this region is generated from the automotive and industrial segments.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The major vendors in the global MEMS pressure sensor market are already well established, technologically advanced, and operates at high economies of scale, and they occupy more than 50% of the total market. Therefore, it becomes difficult for new vendors to enter the market because of high entry barriers in terms of capital and technology.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Sensata Technologies
- Freescale Semiconductors
Other prominent vendors in the market include GE Sensing, Delphi, Infineon Technologies, Schneider Electric, and Texas Instruments.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global MEMS pressure sensors market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global MEMS pressure sensors market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global MEMS pressure sensors market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global MEMS pressure sensors market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Europe, and North America.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global MEMS pressure sensors market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.