Tablet Touchscreen Market 2015-2019 - Global Report and Analysis
Market Outlook of Tablet Touch Screens:
HD pictures, HD videos, kiosks, portable display devices, TVs, monitors, tablets, and smartphones include touch screen displays as a significant component. Touch screen display is used as a user-interface for these devices and also to enhance user experience.
Rapid technological advancements in the display industry have gone hand in hand with advances in touch screen technology. The touch screens popularity can be largely attributed to its usage in mobile phones where it has replaced the keypad.
Consumers now expect intuitive touch experiences from every new device that hits the market. Since the introduction of Apple’s iPhone in 2007, the touchscreen market has exploded.
The Tablet Touch Screen Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 12 percent during the forecast period.
Product Segments and Touch Screen Technology:
Changing Customer Requirements are shaping the dynamic Tablet Touch Screen Market. For touch screen manufacturers of smartphones and tablets, customization is a key demand emanating from various end-user segments.
Some key reasons for the rising demand for customization include:
- Customers seeking uniqueness in every touch screen cover glass design
- Customization of touch screens to accommodate cutouts for cameras and speakers
- Growing demand for design innovation to feature various colors and logos
Popular products that have been launched by leading manufacturers in order to meet such demands include:
The GG structure is a glass sensor placed in between the cover glass and display panels. Although glass substrates have superior optical quality as compared to film substrates, it has a bulky form.
G2 or OGS (One Glass Solution):
Unlike GG method, G2 or OGS doesn't require a discrete glass sensor layer, but has electrodes incorporated into the cover glass itself. The OGS panels exhibit superior optical properties with a thin form factor and are comparatively less expensive.
The GFF method requires two film sensor layers to be placed in between the cover glass and the display panel. This method uses films instead of glass substrates. Hence, they are cheaper, lighter, and thinner.
G1F and GF2:
The G1F and GF2 methods require a single film sensor that is placed in between a cover glass unit and a display panel. This method has resolved issues pertaining to the widely adopted GFF technology by improving optical quality and reducing power consumption.
In-cell and On-cell Technology:
The On-cell and in-cell technology integrates electrodes in display panels. As these technologies do not integrate glass sensors and film sensors, the in-cell/on-cell panels are lighter and thinner.
The research report includes market segmentation of the Tablet Touch Screen Market by various technologies, and it forecasts market shares until 2019.
Other Sections Include an Analysis on the Following:
- Understand the key buying criteria for Touch Screen Tablet manufacturers
- Understand new technologies and application of the Touch Screen technology
- Understand new application areas for Touch Screens
- Understand new applications of touch screens for tablets
- Key Drivers and its Impact on the Tablet Touch Screen Market
- Market Challenges and its Impact on the Tablet Touch Screen Market
- Key Trends and its Impact on the Tablet Touch Screen Market
- Five Forces Analysis of the Tablet Touch Screen Market
Technavio also offers customizations on reports based upon specific client requirement.