3D Optical Microscope Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Apr 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43836
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The 3d optical microscope market share is expected to increase by USD 96.69 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 8.2%.
This 3d optical microscope market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers 3d optical microscope market segmentations by end user (aerospace and automotive, healthcare, and others) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, and ROW). The 3d optical microscope market report also offers information on several market vendors, including AMETEK Inc., Bruker Corp., Carl Zeiss AG, Danaher Corp., Hirox Co. Ltd., Hitachi High-Technologies Corp., Keyence Corp., KLA Corp., Olympus Corp., and PCE Holding GmbH among others.
What will the 3D Optical Microscope Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the 3D Optical Microscope Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
3D Optical Microscope Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increased application of 3d optical microscopes in various industries is notably driving the 3d optical microscope market growth, although factors such as low frequency of repurchase may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the 3d optical microscope industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key 3D Optical Microscope Market Driver
The increased application of 3D optical microscopes in various industries is a major factor driving the global 3D optical microscope market share growth. The adoption of 3D optical microscopes is increasing in the automotive, aerospace, and other industrial sectors. Various industries face different surface metrology challenges. In the case of the automotive and aerospace industries, the rotary dynamic sealing applications are dependent on the performance of the shaft and the seal interface to avoid leakage and premature wear that can reduce the performance and service life. Similarly, the ophthalmic industry needs to measure IOLs and contact lenses that contain surface features with nanometer-level geometry. 3D optical microscopes have been used to generate a full 3D surface map of the surface within the field of view of the microscope. Onboard software is then employed to analyze the collected data to calculate different parameters of interest such as roughness, surface texture, or other critical geometric dimensional information. As the measurement of surface topography and the size and shape of microscopic surface features is highly significant in nature in many industrial processes, the demand for 3D optical microscopes is bound to increase.
Key 3D Optical Microscope Market Trend
The growth in demand from aerospace and automotive industries is another factor supporting the global 3D optical microscope market share growth. In the global automotive industry, the demand for high-performance vehicles is increasing worldwide. With the improvement in the global economy, the disposable income of households is increasing, and consumers can afford high-performance vehicles. With the rising vehicle demand, automotive manufacturers have launched new vehicles and variants. These new high-performance variants have been developed by using testing methods, which examine materials used in these vehicles and adjust them for obtaining the desired improved performance. Microscopy devices such as 3D optical microscopes have been used in the automotive and aerospace industries for multiple tests such as engine calibrations, tire material examinations, and safety calculations. These microscopy devices are mainly used to identify flaws in material shapes and sizes, especially the strength of the material used. Therefore, the trend of using 3D optical microscopes in industries such as the automotive and aerospace to obtain high quality and better analysis is likely to continue over the forecast period.
Key 3D Optical Microscope Market Challenge
The low frequency of repurchase will be a major challenge for the global 3D optical microscope market share growth during the forecast period. On average, a 3D optical microscope has a useful life of about eight years. The instrument can perform effectively with minimal maintenance during its useful life and provide accurate results. With the relatively long life and high price, the chances for repurchase are reduced considerably from the customers' side. Furthermore, the services provided by the manufacturer and dealers are also limited to assembly, which, in turn, reduces the interaction between the seller and the customer, confining the sale of an optical microscope to a one-time business transaction. Though microscope accessories such as slides, cover glasses, and even digital cables in some cases may be required over the life of the instrument, customers often opt for inexpensive third-party providers for these products. However, with the increasing level of innovation, with respect to a product feature, digitization, and accessories, these instruments get outdated faster, and end-users are forced to upgrade to a new instrument. This, in turn, reduces the frequency of repurchase. This can effectively impact the revenue generation in the global 3D optical microscope market.
This 3d optical microscope market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global 3D optical microscope market as a part of the global healthcare equipment market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the 3d optical microscope market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major 3D Optical Microscope Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- AMETEK Inc.
- Bruker Corp.
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Danaher Corp.
- Hirox Co. Ltd.
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corp.
- Keyence Corp.
- KLA Corp.
- Olympus Corp.
- PCE Holding GmbH
This statistical study of the 3d optical microscope market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The 3d optical microscope market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- AMETEK Inc.- The company through its business division CAMECA, offers 3D optical microscopes.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The 3d optical microscope market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
3D Optical Microscope Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the 3d optical microscope market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global healthcare equipment market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for 3D Optical Microscope Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
36% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for 3d optical microscope market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in Europe.
Increased funding for R&D will facilitate the 3d optical microscope market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the 3D Optical Microscope Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The 3d optical microscope market share growth by the aerospace and automotive segment will be significant during the forecast period. The aerospace and automotive industries make extensive use of 3D optical microscopes for ensuring uniformity in the manufactured goods. The advanced imaging and surface metrology capabilities of the 3D optical microscopes help engineers better understand and correlate wear to a particular manufacturing process or wear mechanism. This aids in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the manufacturing process, thereby increasing the adoption of 3D optical microscopes.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the 3d optical microscope market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
3D Optical Microscope Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 8.2%
Market growth 2021-2025
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, and ROW
Performing market contribution
North America at 36%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Germany, Canada, and China
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
AMETEK Inc., Bruker Corp., Carl Zeiss AG, Danaher Corp., Hirox Co. Ltd., Hitachi High-Technologies Corp., Keyence Corp., KLA Corp., Olympus Corp., and PCE Holding GmbH
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this 3D Optical Microscope Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive 3d optical microscope market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the 3d optical microscope market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the 3d optical microscope industry across North America, Europe, APAC, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of 3d optical microscope market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Healthcare equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ Million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End user
- 5.3 Aerospace and automotive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Aerospace and automotive - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ Million)
- Exhibit 18: Aerospace and automotive - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Healthcare - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Healthcare - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ Million)
- Exhibit 20: Healthcare - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ Million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by End user
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by End user
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 25: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 26: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ Million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ Million)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ Million)
- Exhibit 32: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ Million)
- Exhibit 34: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ Million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 AMETEK Inc.
- Exhibit 43: AMETEK Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: AMETEK Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: AMETEK Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 46: AMETEK Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: AMETEK Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Bruker Corp.
- 10.5 Carl Zeiss AG
- Exhibit 53: Carl Zeiss AG - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Carl Zeiss AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 55: Carl Zeiss AG - Key news
- Exhibit 56: Carl Zeiss AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: Carl Zeiss AG - Segment focus
- 10.6 Danaher Corp.
- Exhibit 58: Danaher Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 59: Danaher Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 60: Danaher Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 61: Danaher Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 62: Danaher Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Hirox Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 63: Hirox Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Hirox Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: Hirox Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Hitachi High-Technologies Corp.
- Exhibit 66: Hitachi High-Technologies Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Hitachi High-Technologies Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 68: Hitachi High-Technologies Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 69: Hitachi High-Technologies Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 70: Hitachi High-Technologies Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Keyence Corp.
- Exhibit 71: Keyence Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Keyence Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 73: Keyence Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 74: Keyence Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.10 KLA Corp.
- Exhibit 75: KLA Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: KLA Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: KLA Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 78: KLA Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: KLA Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Olympus Corp.
- Exhibit 80: Olympus Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 81: Olympus Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: Olympus Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 83: Olympus Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: Olympus Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.12 PCE Holding GmbH
- Exhibit 85: PCE Holding GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 86: PCE Holding GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 87: PCE Holding GmbH - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 88: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 89: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 90: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 91: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 92: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increased application of 3D optical microscopes in various industries
- Growth in demand from aerospace and automotive industries
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts