K-12 Education Technology Market in ASEAN 2016-2020
- Published: Nov 2016
- Pages: 70
- SKU: IRTNTR10762
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This industry research report identifies Dell, D2L, Educomp Solutions, Samsung, and Seiko Epson as the key vendors in the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN. This industry research report also presents a competitive analysis of the market by product type (K-12 educational hardware and K-12 educational software) and by geography (Indonesia, Singapore, and others).
Overview of the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN
Market research analysts at Technavio have predicted that the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN will grow steadily during the next four years and post a CAGR of almost 25% by 2020. This market research analysis identifies the rise in adoption of the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) program as one of the primary factors that will have a positive impact on the growth of the market. Schools in ASEAN, especially the private institutions, are focusing on adopting new techniques in education delivery. This will lead to the increased implementation of the BYOD policy that allows students to explore various ways of digitization. It also enables self-paced learning, where students have unlimited access to education apps and learning platforms that will promote collaborative learning and engagement. Such benefits will induce more institutions to adopt mobile education, which will, in turn, drive the demand for educational hardware and software in ASEAN.
The increasing number of K-12 institutions implementing educational technology in the ASEAN will lead to the emergence of startups that provide education technology solutions, especially in countries such as Singapore and Indonesia. Owing to the conducive conditions and regulatory efficiency, Singapore serves as a profitable market for education technology startups. Kungfu-math.com, a company that teaches math through games and VivaLing, an online language learning academy for kids that employs professional coaches to teach languages such as Mandarin, English, Spanish, and French, are some of the major educational startups in the region.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The market is characterized by the presence of a considerable number of vendors and will also witness the entry of several educational software and hardware vendors. Established educational technology companies are introducing innovative products, which will help them enhance their customer base. For instance, Smart Technologies, that dealt with only interactive whiteboards (IWBs) is now offering innovative products such as interactive tables and document cameras. Educational software vendors have also started focusing on providing cloud-based solutions, which helps them have a competitive edge over their competitors by reducing their customers’ operational costs. An increase in product/service extensions, technological innovations, and M&A will intensify the level of competition among market players. To sustain competition and retain market shares, vendors have the need to distinguish their product and service offerings through a clear and unique value proposition. Analysts also predict that the international players will grow inorganically during the predicted period by acquiring regional or local players.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Educomp Solutions
- Seiko Epson
The other prominent vendors in the market are BenQ, Eduspec Holdings Berhad, Ellucian, HP, Intel, Macmillan Learning, McGraw-Hill Education, Microsoft, Oracle, Pearson Education, Promethean Limited, and Saba Software.
Segmentation by product type and analysis of the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN
- K-12 educational hardware
- K-12 educational software
The K-12 educational software segment consists of educational technology support and technology solutions and will post exponential growth during the predicted period. The introduction of mobile gaming concepts such as quizzes and competitions result in the increased adoption of education apps. This will, in turn, augment the need for support software solutions such as education apps, digital educational publishing, and learning analytics, boosting the growth of the market segment.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN
This market study estimates that in terms of geographical regions, Indonesia will be the major revenue contributor to the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN throughout the predicted period. ICT investments in the country that will mainly focus on improving STEM education will fuel market growth in the region. Additionally, the increasing number of enrollments in primary schools in financially strong districts and the demand for software such as student information system (SIS) and school administrative system (SAS) in K-12 schools, will also spur market growth.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of Indonesia and Singapore.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the K-12 educational technology market in ASEAN?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Growth of K-12 education in ASEAN
- Rise of e-learning in ASEAN
- K-12 education technology market in ASEAN
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Segmentation by product
- K-12 educational hardware market in ASEAN
- K-12 educational PC market in ASEAN
- K-12 interactive display market in ASEAN
- K-12 classroom wearables market in ASEAN
- K-12 others market in ASEAN
- K-12 educational software market in ASEAN
- K-12 education technology support market in ASEAN
- K-12 education technology solutions market in ASEAN
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- K-12 education technology market in Indonesia
- K-12 education technology market in Singapore
- K-12 others education technology market in ASEAN
PART 08: Market drivers
- Adoption of new learning methods
- Emergence of K-12 international schools
- Rise in adoption of BYOD programs
- Differentiated market penetration strategies
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- Inadequate ICT infrastructure
- Threat from open source providers of software
- Digital safety and privacy concerns
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Use of advanced technology in international schools
- Increased Internet penetration and use of education apps
- Cloud computing
- Emergence of educational technology start-ups
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Competitive benchmarking
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
- Educomp Solutions
- Seiko Epson
PART 15: Other prominent vendors
PART 16: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 17: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.