Automatic Espresso Machines Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR41332
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The automatic espresso machines market share is expected to increase by USD 1.04 billion from 2021 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.6%.
This automatic espresso machines market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers automatic espresso machines market segmentation by product (fully automatic and semi-automatic) and geography (Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA). The automatic espresso machines market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Breville Group Ltd., De'Longhi Spa, FRANKE Holding AG, Groupe SEB, Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Co., JURA Elektroapparate AG, Koninklijke Philips NV, Nestle SA, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Smeg Spa among others.
What will the Automatic Espresso Machines Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Automatic Espresso Machines Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Automatic Espresso Machines Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and after the COVID-19 era. The growing demand for espresso coffee and increasing penetration of espresso machines is notably driving the automatic espresso machines market growth, although factors such as high cost of automatic coffee machines may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the automatic espresso machines industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Automatic Espresso Machines Market Driver
The growing demand for single-serve coffee pod machines is the major driver for the key automatic espresso machines market growth. The market is largely driven by the increasing usage of single-serve coffee in households, especially in North American and European regions. Consumers are willing to purchase coffee machines to recreate the cafe-style experience and taste at home. The demand for coffee pods has increased globally. Traditionally, the coffee-making processes involved grinding and tamping of coffee. They also involved some degrees of consumer involvement in programming machines to use the right amount of ingredients. Such factors made the coffee-making processes cumbersome. To avoid such issues, consumers are now switching to the use of plastic coffee pods.Vendors are modifying their product offerings to capitalize on this trend. For instance, Nestl Nespresso uses a different kind of extraction process in its Nestl Nespresso CitiZ automatic espresso machine to differentiate it from its competitors. This involves perforation of the coffee pods followed by the application of pressure to extract the flavor and aroma. The machine is also equipped with a compartment that can be used to gather pods until disposal.
Key Automatic Espresso Machines Market Trend
The new product development and innovations are notably driving the automatic espresso machines market growth. Vendors in the market are introducing innovative features in their products to attract a wide consumer base as well as to gain a competitive edge in the market. For instance, vendors are introducing interface panels to improve the convenience and enhance the aesthetics of espresso machines. Similarly, some vendors are introducing automatic espresso machines with built-in Wi-Fi capability along with a huge recipe database. The latest product innovations have enabled automatic espresso machines to produce coffee that is at par with that produced using professional espresso machines. Such product innovations by vendors are attracting consumer interest, which will be crucial in driving the growth of the global automatic espresso machines market.
Key Automatic Espresso Machines Market Challenge
The high cost of automatic coffee machines is expected to remain a restraining factor in automatic espresso machines market growth. It has been noted that the rise in the number of daily takeaway coffee consumers has become a popular element of the working population all around the world. The changing lifestyle of consumers demands rapid service in coffee serving which requires the up-gradation of the latest configuration in the automatic coffee machine. On account of such rapid adoption of technology, manufacturers are spending heavily to offer state-of-the-art products to buyers. However, the highly automated coffee machine is anticipated to encounter a high cost. This results to affect consumers’ decision-making process in the near future. Thereby, manufacturers are focusing to offer automatic coffee machines with advanced technology at an affordable price range.
This automatic espresso machines market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global automatic espresso machines market as a part of the global household appliances market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the automatic espresso machines market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Automatic Espresso Machines Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Breville Group Ltd.
- De'Longhi Spa
- FRANKE Holding AG
- Groupe SEB
- Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Co.
- JURA Elektroapparate AG
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Nestle SA
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Smeg Spa
This statistical study of the automatic espresso machines market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The automatic espresso machines market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The automatic espresso machines market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Automatic Espresso Machines Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the automatic espresso machines market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global household appliances market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for the Automatic Espresso Machines Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
35% of the market’s growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period The UK, Italy, and the Netherlands are the key markets for the automatic espresso machines market in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
Premiumization achieved through improved functionality and features along with branding will facilitate the automatic espresso machines market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the regional market witnessed a decline in the demand for automatic espresso machines due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Italy, the UK, Spain, France, and Germany are some of the most affected countries in the region. Quarantine measures implemented to combat the coronavirus outbreak resulted in the shutdown of economic units such as cafes and food outlets. For instance, in Britain, more than 17,500 chain store outlets were closed on high streets in 2020. This had a negative impact on the growth of the regional market in focus. However, the regional market is expected to recover and grow during the forecast period owing to the lifting of lockdowns, resumption of business activities, and reopening of coffee outlets and restaurants.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Automatic Espresso Machines Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The automatic espresso machines market share growth by the fully automatic segment has been significant. Consumers' interest in automated kitchen appliances has increased. This is due to the superior features that these machines offer. These machines also have an aesthetic appeal and come with user-friendly LED displays for customization. Fully automatic espresso machines can prepare diverse types of coffees, such as ristretto, cappuccino, and macchiato, in addition to espresso. People are increasingly opting for appliances that enable them to multitask and attain good results with minimal effort. Built-in grinders and tampers are features that reduce the need for human intervention without compromising on the quality of the brewed coffee.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the automatic espresso machines market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Automatic Espresso Machines Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.6%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 1.04 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
Europe at 35%
Key consumer countries
UK, US, Italy, China, and The Netherlands
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Breville Group Ltd., De'Longhi Spa, FRANKE Holding AG, Groupe SEB, Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Co., JURA Elektroapparate AG, Koninklijke Philips NV, Nestle SA, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Smeg Spa
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Automatic Espresso Machines Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive automatic espresso machines market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the automatic espresso machines market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the automatic espresso machines industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of automatic espresso machines market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Household appliances
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Fully automatic - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Fully automatic - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Fully automatic - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Semi-automatic - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Semi-automatic - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Semi-automatic - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
- 6.1 Overview
- Exhibit 22: Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Breville Group Ltd.
- Exhibit 43: Breville Group Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Breville Group Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Breville Group Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 46: Breville Group Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.4 DeLonghi Spa
- 10.5 FRANKE Holding AG
- Exhibit 51: FRANKE Holding AG - Overview
- Exhibit 52: FRANKE Holding AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 53: FRANKE Holding AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: FRANKE Holding AG - Segment focus
- 10.6 Groupe SEB
- Exhibit 55: Groupe SEB - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Groupe SEB - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: Groupe SEB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: Groupe SEB - Segment focus
- 10.7 Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Co.
- Exhibit 59: Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 61: Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 62: Hamilton Beach Brands Holding Co. - Segment focus
- 10.8 JURA Elektroapparate AG
- Exhibit 63: JURA Elektroapparate AG - Overview
- Exhibit 64: JURA Elektroapparate AG - Product and service
- Exhibit 65: JURA Elektroapparate AG - Key offerings
- 10.9 Koninklijke Philips NV
- Exhibit 66: Koninklijke Philips NV - Overview
- Exhibit 67: Koninklijke Philips NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 68: Koninklijke Philips NV-Key news
- Exhibit 69: Koninklijke Philips NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 70: Koninklijke Philips NV - Segment focus
- 10.10 Nestle SA
- Exhibit 71: Nestle SA - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Nestle SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 73: Nestle SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: Nestle SA - Segment focus
- 10.11 Robert Bosch GmbH
- Exhibit 75: Robert Bosch GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Robert Bosch GmbH - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Robert Bosch GmbH - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Robert Bosch GmbH - Segment focus
- 10.12 Smeg Spa
- Exhibit 79: Smeg Spa - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Smeg Spa - Product and service
- Exhibit 81: Smeg Spa - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 82: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 83: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 84: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 85: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 86: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- The Netherlands
- Growing demand for espresso coffee and increasing penetration of espresso machines
- Availability of portable espresso machines
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.