Automotive eCall Market by Technology and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 125
- SKU: IRTNTR44924
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The automotive ecall market share is expected to increase by 5.22 million units from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 2.86%.
This automotive ecall market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers automotive ecall market segmentations by technology (standard installation and TPS installation) and geography (Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA). The automotive ecall market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Aptiv Plc, Continental AG, DENSO Corp., Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd., Robert Bosch GmbH, STMicroelectronics NV, Telit Communications Plc, Texas Instruments Inc., Thales Group, and u-blox Holding AG among others.
What will the Automotive ECall Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Automotive eCall Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Automotive ECall Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The oem's push to capitalize unexplored market of developing countries is notably driving the automotive ecall market growth, although factors such as may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the automotive ecall industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Automotive ECall Market Driver
The OEM's push to capitalize unexplored market of developing countries is a major factor driving the global automotive eCall market share growth. Developing economies, such as China and India, have been posting healthy growth rates in the automotive sector despite the sluggish growth in this sector worldwide. This is due to the rising disposable income and rapid urbanization in these nations. Recently, these countries have demonstrated an increase in the ownership of passenger cars that have in-built telematics systems owing to an increase in the importance of safety features and changing customer preferences. A rising number of road accidents, vehicle thefts, and safety and security issues also propel the market growth for automotive telematics and eCall services. As a result, OEMs have been trying to increase their market shares in the telematics sector by offering eCall as a standard feature in a few models. For instance, Ford launched the EcoSport model in India that provides many smart features, including eCall services. Therefore, increased awareness about telematics systems and increased focus on safety are expected to drive the growth of eCall systems in developing nations.
Key Automotive ECall Market Trend
The development of next-generation telematics protocol is another factor supporting the global automotive eCall market share growth. Next-generation telematics protocol (NGTP) is a technology-neutral protocol or approach for developing telematics solutions. It was introduced by BMW and telematics service vendors like WirelessCar (Volvo Group) and Connexis with an aim to provide a standardized platform for the designing of more flexible and scalable telematics systems. OEMs such as Volvo have already provided an open platform that can be used to develop telematics solutions by different stakeholders. They have unveiled some of the application interfaces from their solutions that can be used by other vendors to develop telematics solutions. They have also employed a strategy wherein solutions for OEMs and dealers are developed in-house, and solutions for customers like insurance and logistics operations are developed in collaboration with third-party vendors. The adoption of NGTP by telematics service providers will help them offer flexible, scalable, robust, and cost-effective telematics solutions to customers, thereby making a useful addition to the current telematics practices in the Indian commercial vehicle telematics market in the future. Due to such reasons, the market will continue to grow in the forecast period.
Key Automotive ECall Market Challenge
The low return on investment for OEMs while establishing standalone eCall system infrastructure will be a major challenge for the global automotive eCall market share growth during the forecast period. The European member states have undertaken many initiatives to lay the foundation for the installation of eCall systems. One such initiative is the ban on telephone roaming charges across member states across Europe. Despite these initiatives, OEMs are still skeptical about the installation of eCall systems as the returns for such systems are low. The revenues generated from eCall systems depend on rare events like accidents. Installing an eCall system costs around $112. OEMs are still unsure if the installation cost is to be absorbed by them or to be passed on to their customers. As a result, they have started bundling their offerings to absorb the costs involved in the installation of eCall systems. Developing nations such as India and China may also revisit their decisions regarding the installation of eCall systems owing to the heavy investment requirement. As a result, heavy investment requirements from both OEMs and government bodies may act as a deterrent for the installation of eCall systems.
This automotive ecall market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global automotive eCall market as part of the global automotive components and accessories market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the automotive ecall market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Automotive ECall Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Aptiv Plc
- Continental AG
- DENSO Corp.
- Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- STMicroelectronics NV
- Telit Communications Plc
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Thales Group
- u-blox Holding AG
This statistical study of the automotive ecall market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The automotive ecall market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Aptiv Plc- Aptiv provides automotive eCall services under this brand name.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The automotive ecall market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Automotive ECall Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the automotive ecall market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global automotive components and accessories market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Automotive ECall Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
67% of the market’s growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period. Germany, France, Russian Federation, and the UK are the key markets for the automotive ecall market in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in all other regions.
The development of the next-generation telematics protocol will facilitate the automotive ecall market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The market experienced a decline in 2020 owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. Governments across the region imposed nationwide lockdowns to curb the spread of COVID-19. Besides other industries, automotive manufacturing was adversely impacted by the pandemic in 2020. Therefore, a decline in the production of vehicles affected the demand for automotive eCall systems. However, governments in the region are focusing on reviving industrial growth to give impetus to the sales and production of vehicles from 2021 onward. This would fuel the demand for automotive eCall in the region during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Automotive ECall Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The automotive ecall market share growth by the standard installation segment will be significant during the forecast period. Standard eCall systems are based on the emergency calling service provided by a country. For instance, the European eCall system is based on the 112 pan-European emergency service, and the US eCall system is based on the 911 US emergency service. Unlike TPS eCall systems, their counterpart does not involve any TPSPs, which makes these systems cost-effective. This is one of the major reasons for the shift in preference of customers toward standard eCall systems. In addition, regulatory mandates and growing concern for road safety are other factors that influence the global automotive standard eCall market.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the automotive ecall market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Automotive ECall Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 2.86%
Market growth 2021-2025
5.22 mn units
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
Europe at 67%
Key consumer countries
Germany, France, US, Russian Federation, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Aptiv Plc, Continental AG, DENSO Corp., Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd., Robert Bosch GmbH, STMicroelectronics NV, Telit Communications Plc, Texas Instruments Inc., Thales Group, and u-blox Holding AG
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Automotive ECall Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive automotive ecall market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the automotive ecall market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the automotive ecall industry across Europe, North America, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of automotive ecall market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Automotive components and accessories market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 (million units)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Technology
- 5.3 Standard installation - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Standard installation - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million units)
- Exhibit 18: Standard installation - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 TPS installation - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: TPS installation - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million units)
- Exhibit 20: TPS installation - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Technology
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million units)
- Exhibit 26: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million units)
- Exhibit 28: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million units)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million units)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 (million units)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography (million units)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Aptiv Plc
- 10.4 Continental AG
- Exhibit 48: Continental AG - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Continental AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 50:Continental AG - Key news
- Exhibit 51: Continental AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Continental AG - Segment focus
- 10.5 DENSO Corp.
- Exhibit 53: DENSO Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: DENSO Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: DENSO Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: DENSO Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 57: Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 60: Quectel Wireless Solutions Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.7 Robert Bosch GmbH
- Exhibit 61: Robert Bosch GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Robert Bosch GmbH - Business segments
- Exhibit 63:Robert Bosch GmbH - Key news
- Exhibit 64: Robert Bosch GmbH - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: Robert Bosch GmbH - Segment focus
- 10.8 STMicroelectronics NV
- Exhibit 66: STMicroelectronics NV - Overview
- Exhibit 67: STMicroelectronics NV - Business segments
- Exhibit 68: STMicroelectronics NV - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: STMicroelectronics NV - Segment focus
- 10.9 Telit Communications Plc
- Exhibit 70: Telit Communications Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 71: Telit Communications Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 72:Telit Communications Plc - Key news
- Exhibit 73: Telit Communications Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: Telit Communications Plc - Segment focus
- 10.10 Texas Instruments Inc.
- Exhibit 75: Texas Instruments Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Texas Instruments Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Texas Instruments Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Texas Instruments Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Thales Group
- Exhibit 79: Thales Group - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Thales Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Thales Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Thales Group - Segment focus
- 10.12 u-blox Holding AG
- Exhibit 83: u-blox Holding AG - Overview
- Exhibit 84: u-blox Holding AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 85:u-blox Holding AG - Key news
- Exhibit 86: u-blox Holding AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 87: u-blox Holding AG - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 88: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 89: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 90: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 91: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 92: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Russian Federation
- OEM's push to capitalize unexplored market of developing countries
- Development of next-generation telematics protocol
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.