Biometrics Market by End-user, Authentication, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44046
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The biometrics market share is expected to increase by USD 25.63 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 12.18%.
This biometrics market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers biometrics market segmentation by end-user (government, healthcare, BFSI, and others) and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America). The biometrics market report also offers information on several market vendors, including ASSA ABLOY AB, Aware Inc., Cognitec Systems GmbH, Fujitsu Ltd., IDEMIA, M2SYS Technology, NEC Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Secunet Security Networks AG, and Thales Group among others.
What will the Biometrics Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Biometrics Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Biometrics Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The increasing need for surveillance and security is notably driving the biometrics market growth, although factors such as high installation and maintenance costs for biometrics may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the biometrics industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Biometrics Market Driver
The increasing need for surveillance and security is one of the key drivers supporting the biometrics market growth. With the advances in technology, cybercriminals and hackers are targeting retail POS transactions. The rise in the number of credit card payments at retail stores has increased the instances of fraud, which has compelled the credit card companies and the BFSI sector to adopt biometrics to secure confidential details of users. Theft of such critical data could endanger national security. Likewise, the transportation sector deals with border safety, which requires a high level of security to avoid unauthorized intrusions. In the healthcare sector, which deals with bio-chemicals and lab research, data also needs to be protected against theft and cyber-attacks. Stronger security measures such as fingerprint recognition, face recognition, and iris recognition are, therefore, being installed in the above-mentioned sectors. Such activities will drive market growth during the forecast period.
Key Biometrics Market Trend
The increasing role of multimodal biometrics solutions is another factor supporting the biometrics market growth. Multimodal biometric solutions will soon become one of the key areas of importance for both buyers and vendors in the global biometrics market, as a single biometric solution is not adequate to ensure authentication in all kinds of environments. For instance, in a completely dark environment, facial recognition systems may not work. In areas with cold climatic conditions, users may find it difficult to use fingerprint access while wearing gloves. Also, it is challenging to use voice authentication in loud environments. Therefore, multimodal biometrics solutions will contribute significantly to the global biometrics market during the forecast period, fueled by factors such as the necessity for additional security layers and improved accessibility.
Key Biometrics Market Challenge
The high installation and maintenance costs for biometrics are some of the factors hindering the biometrics market growth. Cost is an important factor to take into account while choosing a biometric recognition system such as multi-factor authentication or multimodal biometric systems. Installing biometric systems can be complicated and costly and returns on investment are usually difficult to quantify. Implementing facial recognition, iris recognition, and retina scan systems in locations that require very high security, such as nuclear plants or classified sites, is very costly. For instance, the price of a fingerprint scanner can range from $50-2,500 based on application. High installation and maintenance costs will pose challenges for small-scale end-users as they may not be able to afford biometrics systems. These factors can restrict the market growth of biometrics during the forecast period.
This biometrics market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the biometrics market as a part of the global electronic equipment and instruments market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the biometrics market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Biometrics Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- ASSA ABLOY AB
- Aware Inc.
- Cognitec Systems GmbH
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- M2SYS Technology
- NEC Corp.
- Qualcomm Inc.
- Secunet Security Networks AG
- Thales Group
This statistical study of the biometrics market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The biometrics market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as launching new and innovative products, cost-effective production cycles, and technological developments to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- ASSA ABLOY AB - The company offers advanced biometerics through Biometrics and Identity Management.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The biometrics market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Biometrics Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the biometrics market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the electronic equipment and instruments market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- After-sales service
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Biometrics Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
35% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. The US is the key market for biometrics market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The importance of biometrics in the BFSI sector will facilitate the biometrics market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The biometrics market in North America was expected to witness slow growth in 2020 due to the outbreak and spread of COVID-19, following which many organizations banned the use of any type of biometric device until the COVID-19 pandemic is brought under control. However, increased investments by governments to safeguard the banking sector from cyberattacks and data breaches will lead to an increase in the demand for biometrics during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Biometrics Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The biometrics market share growth by the government segment will be significant during the forecast period. Governments across the globe are committed to increasing spending on security measures and are placing greater emphasis on technology to address growing security concerns. This has helped raise demand for biometrics technology among local, state, and national governments. At the local and state levels, biometrics is used for applications such as background checks during employment screening and issuing drivers? licenses and identification cards, among others. At the national level, biometrics is used for applications such as defense, border control, and law enforcement. Such initiatives from the government will drive market growth during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the biometrics market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Biometrics Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 12.18%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 25.63 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 35%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Japan, UK, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
ASSA ABLOY AB, Aware Inc., Cognitec Systems GmbH, Fujitsu Ltd., IDEMIA, M2SYS Technology, NEC Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Secunet Security Networks AG, and Thales Group
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID-19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Biometrics Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive biometrics market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the biometrics market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the biometrics industry across North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of biometrics market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis : Electronic Equipment and Instruments
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Government - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Government - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Government - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Healthcare - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Healthcare - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Healthcare - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: BFSI - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: BFSI - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 24: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 7.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- 9.3 Competitive scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 ASSA ABLOY AB
- 10.4 Aware Inc.
- 10.5 Cognitec Systems GmbH
- 10.6 Fujitsu Ltd.
- 10.7 IDEMIA
- 10.8 M2SYS Technology
- 10.9 NEC Corp.
- 10.10 Qualcomm Inc.
- 10.11 Secunet Security Networks AG
- 10.12 Thales Group
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing need for surveillance and security
- Increasing role of multimodal biometrics solutions
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts