Biosurfactants Market by Application and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Feb 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44099
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The biosurfactants market share is expected to increase by USD 3.72 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 6.5%.
This biosurfactants market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers biosurfactants market segmentation by application (detergents, cosmetics, industrial cleaners, food processing, and others) and geography (Europe, North America, APAC, MEA, and South America). The biosurfactants market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Allied Carbon Solutions Co. Ltd., BASF SE, Boruta-Zachem SA, Clariant International Ltd., Croda International Plc, Evonik Industries AG, Kaneka Corp., Lion Corp., PPG Industries Inc., and Saraya Co. Ltd. among others.
What will the Biosurfactants Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Biosurfactants Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Biosurfactants Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Growing demand for environment-friendly products is notably driving the biosurfactants market growth, although factors such as high cost of biosurfactants compared to synthetic counterparts may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the biosurfactants industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Biosurfactants Market Driver
Growing demand for environment-friendly products is a major driver fueling the biosurfactants market growth. The significant shift of consumers from artificial and synthetic products to bio-based organic products is anticipated to boost the growth of the global biosurfactants market. Biosurfactants are manufactured from agro-waste and food processing industry waste, and their production involves the use of organic materials such as coconut oil, rapeseed oil, palm oil, and soybean oil. Biosurfactants are widely consumed by the pharmaceutical industry for drug formulation; textile sector; food processing application; as a detergent, fabric softener, and oilfield chemical; and in the agricultural sector to enhance the efficiency of soil and destroy weeds and pests. Compared to synthetic surfactants, bio-based surfactants are organic in origin, easily compostable, biodegradable, and environment-friendly; thus, they are considerably used in varied applications, including cosmetics and personal care products. Thus, an increase in consumer awareness about the side effects, health issues, and environmental threats of synthetic surfactants is expected to lead to high demand for biosurfactants during the forecast period.
Key Biosurfactants Market Trend
The use of biosurfactants in cancer treatments is a major trend influencing the biosurfactants market growth. Biosurfactants are surface-active agents that possess growth potential in the pharmaceutical industry. Cancer is one of the major health risks for people across the globe. Continuous ongoing R&D activities are underway to identify new biomarkers, drugs, and treatments for this disease. It has been identified that biosurfactants have a high potential to act as anticancer and antimicrobial agents. Certain biosurfactants, such as lipopeptides and glycolipids, are widely used as anticancer agents. Attributes of biosurfactants, such as low toxicity, high-efficiency level, and biodegradability, have enabled their wide adoption in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors. For instance, a biosurfactant extracted from the Acinetobacter M6 strain exhibits antimicrobial, anticancer, and anti-biofilm potential. Thus, the increasing number of cancer patients and the necessity for safe and nontoxic cancer therapy can significantly promote the growth of the global biosurfactants market during the forecast period.
Key Biosurfactants Market Challenge
The high cost of biosurfactants compared to synthetic counterparts is a major hindrance to the biosurfactants market growth. Biosurfactants are expensive compared to their synthetic counterparts owing to their increased cost of production, storage, and maintenance. Even though biosurfactants are manufactured from industrial waste materials and oleochemicals, the cost of extraction and the extraction complexity further result in the increased cost of the product. Proper storage conditions must be met during various stages such as production, processing, distribution, and storage due to the perishable nature of the product. This can significantly increase the operational cost of biosurfactants, and the manufacturers are on a constant lookout for ways to reduce the product cost and gain a competitive edge in the market. In addition, substantial investment is required to make the product available at the industry level. There are no proper downstream processes to extract pure biosurfactants without incurring a high cost. Thus, synthetic surfactants possess a cost advantage over biosurfactants, which is expected to impede market growth in the future.
This biosurfactants market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global biosurfactants market as a part of the global specialty chemicals market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the biosurfactants market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Biosurfactants Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Allied Carbon Solutions Co. Ltd.
- BASF SE
- Boruta-Zachem SA
- Clariant International Ltd.
- Croda International Plc
- Evonik Industries AG
- Kaneka Corp.
- Lion Corp.
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Saraya Co. Ltd.
This statistical study of the biosurfactants market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The biosurfactants market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The biosurfactants market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Biosurfactants Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the biosurfactants market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global specialty chemicals market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Biosurfactants Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
55% of the market's growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period. Germany and France are the key markets for the biosurfactants market in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in North America and South America.
Increased demand for biosurfactants in applications such as household detergents and cleaning agents will facilitate the biosurfactants market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19-induced lockdowns adversely affected the growth of many industrial sectors in the region in 2020. In December 2020, countries such as Germany, Italy, France, Greece, and the Netherlands announced a lockdown again. Such lockdowns can hinder the potential growth of the biosurfactants market in the region during the forecast period for applications such as cosmetics and industrial cleaning.
What are the Revenue-generating Application Segments in the Biosurfactants Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The biosurfactants market share growth by the detergents segment will be significant during the forecast period. Biosurfactants are soluble in hard water and normal water, and these compounds assist in cleaning the surface effectively. The inclination of consumers toward green products and the introduction of new products in the market are expected to drive the growth of the market focus during the forecast period. The biosurfactants market share growth in the detergents segment will be faster than in the cosmetics segments.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the biosurfactants market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Biosurfactants Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 6.5%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 3.72 million
YoY growth (%)
Europe, North America, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
Europe at 55%
Key consumer countries
Germany, US, France, China, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Allied Carbon Solutions Co. Ltd., BASF SE, Boruta-Zachem SA, Clariant International Ltd., Croda International Plc, Evonik Industries AG, Kaneka Corp., Lion Corp., PPG Industries Inc., and Saraya Co. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Biosurfactants Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive biosurfactants market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the biosurfactants market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the biosurfactants industry across Europe, North America, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of biosurfactants market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis – Specialty chemicals
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 Detergents - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Detergents - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 18: Detergents - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Cosmetics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Cosmetics - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 20: Cosmetics - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Industrial cleaners - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Industrial cleaners - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 22: Industrial cleaners - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Food processing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Food processing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 24: Food processing - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 26: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.8 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 27: Market opportunity by Application
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 29: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 30: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 34: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 36: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 39: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ thousand)
- Exhibit 40: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 41: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 42: Market opportunity by geography ($ thousand)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 43: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 45: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 46: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 47: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 48: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Allied Carbon Solutions Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 49: Allied Carbon Solutions Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Allied Carbon Solutions Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 51: Allied Carbon Solutions Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.4 BASF SE
- Exhibit 52: BASF SE - Overview
- Exhibit 53: BASF SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: BASF SE - Key news
- Exhibit 55: BASF SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: BASF SE - Segment focus
- 10.5 Boruta-Zachem SA
- Exhibit 57: Boruta-Zachem SA - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Boruta-Zachem SA - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Boruta-Zachem SA - Key offerings
- 10.6 Clariant International Ltd.
- Exhibit 60: Clariant International Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Clariant International Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Clariant International Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 63: Clariant International Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: Clariant International Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.7 Croda International Plc
- Exhibit 65: Croda International Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Croda International Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Croda International Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Croda International Plc - Segment focus
- 10.8 Evonik Industries AG
- Exhibit 69: Evonik Industries AG - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Evonik Industries AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Evonik Industries AG - Key news
- Exhibit 72: Evonik Industries AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Evonik Industries AG - Segment focus
- 10.9 Kaneka Corp.
- Exhibit 74: Kaneka Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Kaneka Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: Kaneka Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 77: Kaneka Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Kaneka Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Lion Corp.
- Exhibit 79: Lion Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 80: Lion Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: Lion Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Lion Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 PPG Industries Inc.
- Exhibit 83: PPG Industries Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: PPG Industries Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: PPG Industries Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 86: PPG Industries Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 87: PPG Industries Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Saraya Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 88: Saraya Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 89: Saraya Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 90: Saraya Co. Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 91: Saraya Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 92: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 93: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 94: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 95: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 96: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing global industrial waste
- Potential use of biosurfactants in cancer treatment
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts