Bloodstream Infection Testing Market by Technology and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR45574
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The bloodstream infection testing market share is expected to increase by USD 3.56 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 8.01%.
This bloodstream infection testing market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers bloodstream infection testing market segmentations by technology (conventional testing and non-conventional testing) and geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW). The bloodstream infection testing market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Abbott Laboratories, Accelerate Diagnostics Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Co., bioMerieux SA, Bruker Corp., Danaher Corp., F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Grifols SA, Siemens Healthineers AG, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. among others.
What will the Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Bloodstream Infection Testing Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The increasing hospital visits is notably driving the bloodstream infection testing market growth, although factors such as high cost of instruments may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the bloodstream infection testing industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Driver
The increasing hospital visits is a major factor driving the global bloodstream infection (BSI) testing market share growth. The prevalence of chronic diseases is increasing globally, which is raising the number of patient visits to hospitals. Hospitals are a prominent source of infection, resulting in a rise in morbidity and mortality in hospitalized patients. Intensive care units are often the epicenter of these infections, mainly because they are vulnerable to infections through multiple invasive, therapeutic, and diagnostic procedures. Sepsis is a common sequela of BSIs. The increasing incidences of BSI have created a significant social and economic burden on the healthcare system, an estimated cost exceeding $17 billion dollars, per year, in the US. Similarly, BSIs are also a huge healthcare burden on countries such as Australia. Globally, the aging population is increasing. Countries such as Japan, the UK, the US, and Germany have vast aging populations. The elderly are prone to infections due to low immunity. It is estimated that infections in the elderly will increase by 8%-10% by 2030. This will increase the demand for blood culture tests performed on patients, thereby driving the market growth. This is expected to impact the bloodstream infection testing market positively during the forecast period.
Key Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Trend
The increased adoption of automation in healthcare is another factor supporting the global bloodstream infection testing market share growth. Advances in technology have improved the testing methods for BSI with more accurate, sensitive, and faster outcomes and offering a broader range of pathogen detection compared with the traditional methods. Automation also improves productivity as it reduces the chances of human error. Automation contributes to data-driven insights as the technology used to automate processes can deliver a large volume of data, which can be used for performance improvement and optimization. With each step, automated systems collect data on the working of the process and use the information to improve the same process, which increases throughput and reduces the workload on healthcare professionals. Globally, automation systems to detect BSIs are increasingly being adopted due to their wide array of features and advantages. Automation in the workflow for these tests is reducing the turnaround time. Automated blood collection equipment is being increasingly used in experiments, such as for the identification of HIV and the Zika virus. The efficiency and effectiveness of these systems will encourage their adoption during the forecast period, thereby driving the market growth.
Key Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Challenge
The high cost of instruments will be a major challenge for the global bloodstream infection testing market share growth during the forecast period. Automated BSI testing products such as blood culture test instruments and equipment are generally expensive. The real-time PCR instruments are more expensive than other instruments. The real-time PCR detection systems by BioRad Laboratories cost $8,000-$10,000 and by Applied Biosystems $13,000-$15,000. The blood culture test market is highly impacted by expensive instruments in developing countries than in developed countries due to the lower affordability of people. However, instruments are a one-time investment, the high cost of maintenance of these instruments curbs their demand from hospitals and other end-users. For instance, BACTEC FX by BD costs $21,590, whereas VITEK by Thermo Fisher Scientific is priced at $6,800.Further, highly professional personnel and cutting-edge technology and machinery are required for handling the tests. Thus, setting up a laboratory requires a significant amount of capital, which is often a challenge for individual customers or small-scale laboratories.
This bloodstream infection testing market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global bloodstream infection testing market as a part of the global life sciences tools and services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the bloodstream infection testing market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Accelerate Diagnostics Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Co.
- bioMerieux SA
- Bruker Corp.
- Danaher Corp.
- F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd.
- Grifols SA
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
This statistical study of the bloodstream infection testing market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The bloodstream infection testing market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Abbott Laboratories- It is a lightweight, portable and easy to use blood analyzer that delivers diagnostic results in minutes.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The bloodstream infection testing market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the bloodstream infection testing market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global life sciences tools and services market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Bloodstream Infection Testing Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
42% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for bloodstream infection testing market in North America. Market growth in this region will be slower than the growth of the market in Asia.
Unmet needs in developing countries will facilitate the bloodstream infection testing market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The ongoing COVID-19 outbreak is also expected to positively impact the growth of the regional BSI testing market in 2020-2021, owing to the increasing need for blood culture testing for patients with COVID-19 complications. The outbreak, which claimed over 596,003 lives in the US as of June 23, 2021, has prompted vendors to increase production to meet the growing demand.
What are the Revenue-generating Technology Segments in the Bloodstream Infection Testing Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The bloodstream infection testing market share growth by the conventional testing segment will be significant during the forecast period. The low cost, and therefore the high availability of conventional testing standards are reasons for the larger share of the segment. Additionally, the use of BSI testing has surged during the pandemic due to the increasing demand for blood culture tests for the appropriate examination of patients with COVID-19.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the bloodstream infection testing market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 8.01%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 3.56 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
Performing market contribution
North America at 42%
Key consumer countries
US, UK, Germany, Canada, and Japan
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Abbott Laboratories, Accelerate Diagnostics Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Co., bioMerieux SA, Bruker Corp., Danaher Corp., F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Grifols SA, Siemens Healthineers AG, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Bloodstream Infection Testing Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive bloodstream infection testing market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the bloodstream infection testing market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the bloodstream infection testing industry across North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of bloodstream infection testing market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- 2.2 Market characteristics
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.3 Value chain analysis
- 2.3.1 Research and development
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Life sciences tools and services
- 2.3.2 Inputs
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Technology
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Technology - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Technology
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Technology
- 5.3 Conventional testing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Conventional testing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Conventional testing - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Non-conventional testing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Non-conventional testing - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Non-conventional testing - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Technology
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Technology
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 33: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 34: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 35: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 36: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 37: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 39: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 40: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Abbott Laboratories
- Exhibit 41: Abbott Laboratories - Overview
- Exhibit 42: Abbott Laboratories - Business segments
- Exhibit 43: Abbott Laboratories – Key news
- Exhibit 44: Abbott Laboratories - Key offerings
- Exhibit 45: Abbott Laboratories - Segment focus
- 10.4 Accelerate Diagnostics Inc.
- Exhibit 46: Accelerate Diagnostics Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 47: Accelerate Diagnostics Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 48: Accelerate Diagnostics Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 49: Accelerate Diagnostics Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Becton, Dickinson and Co.
- Exhibit 50: Becton, Dickinson and Co. - Overview
- Exhibit 51: Becton, Dickinson and Co. - Business segments
- Exhibit 52: Becton, Dickinson and Co. - Key news
- Exhibit 53: Becton, Dickinson and Co. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 54: Becton, Dickinson and Co. - Segment focus
- 10.6 bioMerieux SA
- 10.7 Bruker Corp.
- Exhibit 60: Bruker Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Bruker Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62:Bruker Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 63: Bruker Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: Bruker Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Danaher Corp.
- Exhibit 65: Danaher Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Danaher Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Danaher Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 68: Danaher Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: Danaher Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd.
- Exhibit 70: F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 71: F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 72: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 73: F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 74: F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Grifols SA
- Exhibit 75: Grifols SA - Overview
- Exhibit 76: Grifols SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 77: Grifols SA – Key news
- Exhibit 78: Grifols SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 79: Grifols SA - Segment focus
- 10.11 Siemens Healthineers AG
- Exhibit 80: Siemens Healthineers AG - Overview
- Exhibit 81: Siemens Healthineers AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: Siemens Healthineers AG – Key news
- Exhibit 83: Siemens Healthineers AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 84: Siemens Healthineers AG - Segment focus
- 10.12 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Exhibit 85: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 86: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 87: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 88: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 89: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 90: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 91: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 92: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 93: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 94: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing hospital visits
- Increased adoption of automation in healthcare
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts