C4ISR Market by Platform and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: May 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR41594
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The C4ISR market share is expected to increase by USD 30.22 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.15%.
This C4ISR market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers C4ISR market segmentations by platform (land based, airborne, naval, and space based) and geographic (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America). The C4ISR market report also offers information on several market vendors, including BAE Systems Plc, Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp., Elbit Systems Ltd., General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corp., Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Co., Saab AB, and Thales Group among others.
What will the C4ISR Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the C4ISR Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
C4ISR Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The growing acceptance of crew systems is notably driving the C4ISR market growth, although factors such as barriers to adopting new technology and equipment may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the C4ISR industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key C4ISR Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the C4ISR market growth is the growing acceptance of CREW systems. The CREW (counter radio-controlled improvised explosive device electronic warfare) systems form a major part of EW and are used to detonate remote-controlled improvised explosive devices (RCIEDs). Vendors offering such systems also provide specific equipment, training, and life support services to the end-users. The use of such systems can significantly decrease the casualties in RCIED attacks. Due to this, the adoption of such systems is increasing among military and law enforcement personnel across the world. CREW systems are made of several components that protect a soldier from the IED threat. The successful elimination of a threat is achieved due to strategic tactics, advanced technology, and knowledge about possible military locations. One of the highly deployed CREW systems is the AN/ULQ-35 Counter RCIED CREW Duke system. It is a vehicle-mounted device capable of neutralizing RCIEDs, thus providing the military with a tactical advantage. It features superior protection performance, user-friendly operation, low power consumption, is MIL-STD-810F compliant, and can be used in various temperature conditions.
Key C4ISR Market Trend
Increasing integration of Android and iOS-based devices are the major trend influencing the C4ISR market growth. Android and iOS have become the desired operating systems (OS) for the militaries' dismounted situational awareness requirements. The use of such technology has been increasingly gaining acceptance among military organizations for ruggedized handheld computers and other devices. Such devices are predominantly employed in military mobilization network integration evaluation (NIE) activities and the software engineering directorate (SED) mobile applications. In the combat zone, a comprehensive array of digital data and tactical radio technology is provided to combatants, which ensures secure communication between a country's military branch and its government. The Android or iOS-based devices ensure the effective use of video, text messaging, and mapping technology, as well as help squadrons determine the locations of their own troops and opponents. For instance, the US Army has been extensively using Android-based devices in combat operations. However, in July 2016, the Special Operations Command of the US Army announced its plan to switch to iOS-based smartphones, namely iPhone 6, to address the demand of changing warfare environments.
Key C4ISR Market Challenge
Barriers to adopting new technology and equipment is one of the key challenges hindering the C4ISR market growth. Vendors in this market are required to adhere to the stringent regulatory norms of different countries. There are many private companies and third-party technology providers that work with government agencies and departments of defense in various countries. Therefore, it has become obligatory for manufacturers to comply with stringent regulations at the federal, state, and local levels. In addition, military forces are facing difficulties in the adoption of new technologies as they become obsolete within a short span of time. The challenges that come with the introduction of new technologies are the high cost, technology risk driven by certification requirements, and superior technical expertise. Furthermore, the difficulties in interoperability between C4ISR systems remain yet another challenge, as it becomes difficult to collate information from multiple sources. This is very important for defense organizations as interoperability between C4ISR platforms necessitates an uninterrupted flow of information in large quantities between air, land, and naval forces. Therefore, the adoption of new technology becomes challenging for both vendors and operators.
This C4ISR market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global C4ISR market as a part of the global aerospace and defense market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the C4ISR market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major C4ISR Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- BAE Systems Plc
- Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp.
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc.
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Raytheon Co.
- Saab AB
- Thales Group
This statistical study of the C4ISR market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The C4ISR market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- BAE Systems Plc - The company offers C4ISR products such as identification systems and combat ID, air traffic control and landing systems, WIN T, CONOPS, and C41 tactical vehicle.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The C4ISR market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
C4ISR Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the C4ISR market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for C4ISR Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
42% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US is the key markets for C4ISR in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in Europe and MEA regions.
C4ISR systems suppliers in North America are increasingly focusing on efficient integration, maintenance, and upgrading of the existing C4ISR systems to stay in line with the budget cuts announced by some organizations in recent years. These factors will drive market growth during the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
In 2020, the outbreak of COVID-19 affected the C4ISR market in North America. Many industries, such as software, automotive, and heavy industries, partially shut down their operations due to the pandemic in 2020. This led to the downfall of the economy and hindered trade in North America. Various countries reduced the budget on the defense sector so that funds could be diverted to COVID-19 relief. The temporary shutdown of the industrial manufacturing halted their operations, which reduced the manufacturing, installation, and use of C4ISR and limited the growth of the regional C4ISR market in 2020 and early 2021. However, the partial resumption of industrial activities, with social distancing norms in place and the use of a limited workforce, is expected to stabilize the growth of the regional market during the latter half of the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Platform Segments in the C4ISR Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The C4ISR market share growth by the land based will be significant during the forecast period. The C4ISR system for land-based platforms encompass armored vehicles, ground stations, and surveillance radars, as well as individual personnel carrying mobile equipment (computers, SDR systems, and display units). Owing to the growing strategic importance of such platforms, the land-based C4ISR system will retain the highest market share (over 50%) during the forecast period.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the C4ISR market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
C4ISR Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.15%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 30.22 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
North America at 42%
Key consumer countries
US, Germany, China, and Russian Federation
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
BAE Systems Plc, Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp., Elbit Systems Ltd., General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corp., Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Co., Saab AB, and Thales Group
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this C4ISR Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive C4ISR market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the C4ISR market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the C4ISR industry across North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of C4ISR market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis - Aerospace and defense
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Platform
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Platform - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Platform
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Platform
- 5.3 Land based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Land based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Land based - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Airborne - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Airborne - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Airborne - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Naval - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Naval - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Naval - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Space based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Space based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 24: Space based - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Market opportunity by Platform
- Exhibit 25: Market opportunity by Platform
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 27: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 28: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 34: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 35: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 36: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 37: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 38: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 39: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 40: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 41: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 42: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 43: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 44: Industry risks
- 9.3 Competitive Scenario
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 46: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 BAE Systems Plc
- Exhibit 47: BAE Systems Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 48: BAE Systems Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 49: BAE Systems Plc – Key news
- Exhibit 50: BAE Systems Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: BAE Systems Plc - Segment focus
- 10.4 Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp.
- Exhibit 52: Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 55: Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.5 Elbit Systems Ltd.
- Exhibit 56: Elbit Systems Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Elbit Systems Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 58: Elbit Systems Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 59: Elbit Systems Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Elbit Systems Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.6 General Dynamics Corp.
- Exhibit 61: General Dynamics Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: General Dynamics Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 63: General Dynamics Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 64: General Dynamics Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 65: General Dynamics Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.7 L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 66: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 67: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 68: L3Harris Technologies Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 69: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 70: L3Harris Technologies Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Exhibit 71: Lockheed Martin Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Lockheed Martin Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 73: Lockheed Martin Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 74: Lockheed Martin Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 75: Lockheed Martin Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Northrop Grumman Corp.
- Exhibit 76: Northrop Grumman Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 77: Northrop Grumman Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 78: Northrop Grumman Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 79: Northrop Grumman Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: Northrop Grumman Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.10 Raytheon Technologies Corp.
- Exhibit 81: Raytheon Technologies Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 82: Raytheon Technologies Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 83: Raytheon Technologies Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 84: Raytheon Technologies Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Raytheon Technologies Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Saab AB
- Exhibit 86: Saab AB - Overview
- Exhibit 87: Saab AB - Business segments
- Exhibit 88: Saab AB– Key news
- Exhibit 89: Saab AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 90: Saab AB - Segment focus
- 10.12 Thales Group
- Exhibit 91: Thales Group - Overview
- Exhibit 92: Thales Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 93: Thales Group – Key news
- Exhibit 94: Thales Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 95: Thales Group - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 96: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 97: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 98: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 99: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 100: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Russian Federation
- growing acceptance of CREW systems
- Preference for integrated C4ISR system
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts