Catalyst Regeneration Market by Type and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR45153
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The catalyst regeneration market share is expected to increase by USD 1.23 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.38%.
This catalyst regeneration market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers catalyst regeneration market segmentation by type (off-site and on-site) and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America). The catalyst regeneration market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Albemarle Corp., AMETEK Inc., BASF SE, Eurecat Group, Haldor Topsoe AS, Johnson Matthey Plc, Nippon Ketjen Co. Ltd., Porocel, STEAG GmbH, and Yokogawa Electric Corp. among others.
What will the Catalyst Regeneration Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download Report Sample to Unlock the Catalyst Regeneration Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Catalyst Regeneration Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
The adoption of process optimization by refineries to reduce cost is notably driving the catalyst regeneration market growth, although factors such as the growing prominence of catalyst rejuvenation may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the catalyst regeneration industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help deduce end goals and refine marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Catalyst Regeneration Market Driver
Adoption of process optimization by refineries to reduce cost is one of the major drivers impacting the catalyst regeneration market growth. The shift in supply and demand dynamics is a major reason for the volatility in the industry. The variability in the quality of crude oil requires a customized process to produce a quality end-product. Catalyst poisoning, catalyst fouling, and system corrosion are the major issues that lead to system failure and unexpected shutdowns. Advances in catalyst activity detection technology can enable the alleviation of such challenging situations. The industry uses several types of catalysts, the major ones being hydroprocessing catalysts, reforming catalysts, and fluid catalytic cracking catalysts. The increasing number of refineries due to the rising demand for energy and reduced catalyst cycle time due to increased complexity in the operations to meet fuel specifications has increased the generation of catalyst hazardous waste. The regeneration of catalysts and reuse of spent catalysts are extensively used methods to reduce the generation of spent catalyst waste.
Key Catalyst Regeneration Market Trend
The increasing practice of catalyst shifting is one of the major trends influencing catalyst regeneration market growth. Catalyst shifting is a growing trend in multi-reactor processing units to comply with the low sulfur requirements. It is often practiced in multi-reactor systems to increase operational quality. In this process, regenerated catalysts are shifted upstream, such as the main vessel reactor to the guard reactor. Catalyst shifting is mainly practiced when metal poisoning becomes a big challenge, even at a low concentration level. It helps in shifting the regenerated catalysts upstream in the front row without losing the fresh catalysts due to metal poisoning. During this process, regenerated catalysts are used, thereby providing a longer operational life to the fresh catalysts by protecting them from metallic contamination. Metal poisoning is a serious concern, and it requires specific monitoring during and after regeneration. It is mainly practiced in multi-refinery operations to reduce downtime and increase productivity; this allows the use of both fresh and regenerated catalysts in combination.
Key Catalyst Regeneration Market Challenge
The growing prominence of catalyst rejuvenation is one of the major challenges impeding the catalyst regeneration market growth. The choice of service mainly depends on the catalyst type, application, and desired activity. Catalyst rejuvenation is mainly used for the spent catalysts that contain highly active content. It permits industries to reactivate highly active catalysts. It can restore more than 90% of the catalyst activity, whereas conventional regeneration can only result in the recovery of mediocre activity. Catalyst rejuvenation has wide application areas ranging from heavy crude oil and natural gas to naphtha and chemical industries and helps in reducing the downtime of reactors and the temperature of reactors; this also lowers the impact on the environment. The economic nature of catalyst rejuvenation makes it preferred in its end-user industries. In addition, it offers extended catalyst operational cycle lengths, which results in increased productivity. Excellent performance and cost-effective attributes of catalyst rejuvenation are enhancing its eminence, which may impede the growth of the global catalyst regeneration market.
This catalyst regeneration market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global catalyst regeneration market as a part of the global diversified chemicals market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the catalyst regeneration market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Catalyst Regeneration Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Albemarle Corp.
- AMETEK Inc.
- BASF SE
- Eurecat Group
- Haldor Topsoe AS
- Johnson Matthey Plc
- Nippon Ketjen Co. Ltd.
- STEAG GmbH
- Yokogawa Electric Corp.
This statistical study of the catalyst regeneration market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The catalyst regeneration market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as focusing on M&A to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The catalyst regeneration market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Catalyst Regeneration Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the catalyst regeneration market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the diversified chemicals market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Catalyst Regeneration Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request PDF Sample now!
40% of the catalyst regeneration market growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for the catalyst regeneration market in APAC.
Factors such as the rise in the degree of penetration of catalysts with the increasing refinery capacity will facilitate the catalyst regeneration market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 slowed down the growth of the regional market in 2020. Governing bodies in several countries, including India, Australia, China, and Japan, imposed lockdowns that halted industrial production and transportation. Therefore, end-user sectors that use catalyst regeneration in the region were adversely affected in 2020. In APAC, the industrial, automotive, manufacturing and production, and transportation sectors were severely affected by the pandemic. Moreover, decreased demand for petroleum products resulted in sluggish revenue growth in the market in 2020. Hence, end-users that use the catalyst regeneration services limited their investments in maintenance and postponed their turnaround activities during 2020. This hindered the growth of the regional market in 2020. However, the regional market is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to ease in lockdowns, resumption of business activities, and initiation of vaccination to control the spread of COVID-19.
What are the Revenue-generating Type Segments in the Catalyst Regeneration Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request PDF Sample
The catalyst regeneration market share growth by the off-site segment will be significant during the forecast period. The demand for off-site catalyst regeneration has been growing significantly in the oil refinery and petrochemical industries. Off-site regeneration helps in reducing the maintenance cost of the catalyst system and enhances the efficiency of the application. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the catalyst regeneration market size.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the catalyst regeneration market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Catalyst Regeneration Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.38%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 1.23 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 40%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Russian Federation, India, Saudi Arabia, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Albemarle Corp., AMETEK Inc., BASF SE, Eurecat Group, Haldor Topsoe AS, Johnson Matthey Plc, Nippon Ketjen Co. Ltd., Porocel, STEAG GmbH, and Yokogawa Electric Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Catalyst Regeneration Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive catalyst regeneration market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the catalyst regeneration market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the catalyst regeneration industry across APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of catalyst regeneration market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Diversified chemicals market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Type
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Type - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Type
- 5.3 Off-site - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Off-site - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Off-site - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 On-site - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: On-site - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: On-site - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Type
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Type
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Albemarle Corp.
- Exhibit 43: Albemarle Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Albemarle Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Albemarle Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 46: Albemarle Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.4 AMETEK Inc.
- Exhibit 47: AMETEK Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 48: AMETEK Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 49: AMETEK Inc. – Key News
- Exhibit 50: AMETEK Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.5 BASF SE
- Exhibit 51: BASF SE - Overview
- Exhibit 52: BASF SE - Business segments
- Exhibit 53: BASF SE – Key news
- Exhibit 54: BASF SE - Key offerings
- Exhibit 55: BASF SE - Segment focus
- 10.6 Eurecat Group
- Exhibit 56: Eurecat Group - Overview
- Exhibit 57: Eurecat Group - Product and service
- Exhibit 58: Eurecat Group - Key offerings
- 10.7 Haldor Topsoe AS
- 10.8 Johnson Matthey Plc
- Exhibit 63: Johnson Matthey Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Johnson Matthey Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: Johnson Matthey Plc – Key news
- Exhibit 66: Johnson Matthey Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Johnson Matthey Plc - Segment focus
- 10.9 Nippon Ketjen Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 68: Nippon Ketjen Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Nippon Ketjen Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 70: Nippon Ketjen Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Porocel
- Exhibit 71: Porocel - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Porocel - Product and service
- Exhibit 73: Porocel - Key offerings
- 10.11 STEAG GmbH
- Exhibit 74: STEAG GmbH - Overview
- Exhibit 75: STEAG GmbH - Product and service
- Exhibit 76: STEAG GmbH - Key offerings
- 10.12 Yokogawa Electric Corp.
- Exhibit 77: Yokogawa Electric Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Yokogawa Electric Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Yokogawa Electric Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: Yokogawa Electric Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 81: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 82: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 83: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 84: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 85: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- Adoption of process optimization by refineries to reduce cost
- Catalyst regeneration: An alternate to catalyst replacement
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts