Ceramics Market by Application, End-user, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jul 2021
- Pages: 148
- SKU: IRTNTR41346
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The ceramics market share is expected to increase by USD 108.7 billion from 2019 to 2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 5.53%.
This ceramics market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers ceramics market segmentations by end-user (housing and construction, industrial, medical, and others), type (traditional ceramics and advanced ceramics), and geography (APAC, Europe, South America, North America). The ceramics market report also offers information on several market vendors, including AGC Inc., CARBO Ceramics Inc., Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA, Corning Inc., KYOCERA Corp., LIXIL Group Corp., Mohawk Industries Inc., R.A.K Ceramics PJSC, SCHOTT AG, and The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. among others.
What will the Ceramics Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Ceramics market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Ceramics Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a neutral impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increased investment in the development of infrastructure is notably driving the ceramics market growth, although factors such as high production cost may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the ceramics market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Ceramics Market Driver
The increased investment in the development of infrastructure is one of the key factors driving the growth of the global ceramics market. Various end-user industries are adopting lightweight and high-performance materials for different industrial applications. These materials have energy-saving and wear-resistance properties. They are used as thermally conductive materials in high-friction applications. Aerospace and defense and automobile industries extensively use these materials. Industrial ceramics is the most preferred high-performance material due to its various properties such as high-temperature resistance, thermal shock resistance, and non-conductive nature. Research analysis on the ceramics market identifies that the increasing demand for lightweight and high-performance materials will be one of the major factors that will have a positive impact on market growth. The adoption of ceramics will continue to increase because they are used in IR domes, electromagnetic (EM) radomes, multi-spectral windows, and sensor protection. Such factors will increase the demand for the market in focus during the forecast period.
Key Ceramics Market Trend
The increasing use of ceramics in medical applications will fuel the global ceramics market growth. High-tech ceramics have been a significant part of modern medical devices; currently, they are used as acetabular cups and femoral heads for total hip replacement, restorations and dental implants, bone scaffolds, and fillers for tissue engineering. The need for strong, tough, and stable bioinert ceramics should be met by either alumina and zirconia-based ceramics and composites, Nano-structured, or by non-oxide ceramics. Nano-structured is possibly combined with an organic phase of calcium phosphate ceramics and porous bioactive glasses, which exhibit the desired properties for tissue engineering and bone substitution. The demand for ceramics in a gradual medical approach, from tissue regeneration to conventional implants, is increasing tremendously. In addition, ceramic materials are used in a wide range of applications in the medical sector, such as bone implants, biomedical pumps, drug delivery devices, dentistry, and stimulators. The dental industry uses ceramic materials to make artificial teeth that match the original teeth. It is also used to make small, complex parts that are required in hearing-aid devices, valves, implantable heart pumps, fillers, and bone screws.
Key Ceramics Market Challenge
The high production cost is a major challenge for the global ceramics market growth. Consequently, there has been an increase in the regional requirement and supply of ceramics, which creates a demand imbalance. The fluctuation in the price of vital energy resources, such as atomic and crude oil, is affecting the manufacturer of these materials, which hinders the growth of the market. The primary use of energy in the production of ceramic is for kiln firing and in the drying of intermediates or shaped ware. All sectors of the ceramic industry require a high amount of energy, as a key part of the production process involves drying, followed by heating at temperatures ranging between 1472ºF to 3632ºF Currently, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), comprising propane and butane, natural gas, and fuel oil are primarily used for heating, while heavy fuel oil, biogas/biomass, liquefied natural gas (LNG), electricity, and solid fuels (e.g., coal, petroleum coke) can also play a role as sources of energy for burners. The ceramic industry uses a wide range of raw materials for various applications, such as high tonnages, main body forming materials, and various binders, additives, and decorative surface-applied materials.
This ceramics market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global ceramics market as a part of the global commodity chemicals market within the global chemicals market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the ceramics market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Ceramics Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- AGC Inc.
- CARBO Ceramics Inc.
- Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA
- Corning Inc.
- KYOCERA Corp.
- LIXIL Group Corp.
- Mohawk Industries Inc.
- R.A.K Ceramics PJSC
- SCHOTT AG
- The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd.
This statistical study of the ceramics market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The ceramics market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- AGC Inc. - The company offers a variety of products and solutions, including high-performance ceramics, that contribute to innovation in glass production processes and environmental conservation
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The ceramics market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Ceramics Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the ceramics market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global commodity chemicals market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Ceramics Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
82% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China and India are the key markets for ceramics market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
The increased investment in the development of infrastructure will facilitate the ceramics market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19 outbreak in 2020 disrupted international trade and reduced the supply of ceramics to international users, thereby resulting in a decrease in the export sales of ceramics. However, the resumption of international trade and the reorganization of supply networks in Q4 2020 are likely to enhance the market's growth during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Ceramics Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The ceramics market share growth by the housing and construction segment will be significant during the forecast period. Factors such as the increasing number of residential projects and buildings for offices in emerging economies such as China and India, and the desire of consumers to replace paints, marble floors, metal slabs, and other decorative materials with ceramic products play an important role in enhancing the growth of the ceramic tiles market.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the ceramics market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Ceramics Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 5.53%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 108.7 billion
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, South America, North America, APAC, Europe, South America, North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and North America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 82%
Key consumer countries
China, India, Brazil, Vietnam, and Indonesia
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
AGC Inc., CARBO Ceramics Inc., Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA, Corning Inc., KYOCERA Corp., LIXIL Group Corp., Mohawk Industries Inc., R.A.K Ceramics PJSC, SCHOTT AG, and The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Ceramics Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive ceramics market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the ceramics market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the ceramics industry across APAC, Europe, South America, North America, APAC, Europe, South America, North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and North America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of ceramics market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Application
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Application - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Application
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Application
- 5.3 WFT - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: WFT - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: WFT - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 BRTP - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: BRTP - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: BRTP - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Refractories - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Refractories - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Refractories - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Abrasives - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 23: Abrasives - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 24: Abrasives - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.7 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.8 Market opportunity by Application
- Exhibit 27: Market opportunity by Application
6 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 28: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 29: Comparison by End-user
- 6.3 Housing and construction - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 30: Housing and construction - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 31: Housing and construction - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 32: Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 33: Industrial - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Medical - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: Medical - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 35: Medical - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.6 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 6.7 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 38: Market opportunity by End-user
7 Customer landscape
- 7.1 Customer landscape
- Exhibit 39: Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 40: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 41: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 42: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 43: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 44: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 45: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 46: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 47: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 48: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 49: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 50: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 51: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 52: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 53: Market opportunity by geography ($ billion)
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 54: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- Exhibit 55: Vendor landscape
- 10.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 56: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 57: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 58: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 59: Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 AGC Inc.
- Exhibit 60: AGC Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: AGC Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: AGC Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: AGC Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.4 Cooperativa Ceramica dImola Sc
- Exhibit 64: Cooperativa Ceramica dImola Sc - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Cooperativa Ceramica dImola Sc - Business segments
- Exhibit 66: Cooperativa Ceramica dImola Sc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Cooperativa Ceramica dImola Sc - Segment focus
- 11.5 Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA
- Exhibit 68: Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA - Overview
- Exhibit 69: Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA- Key news
- Exhibit 71: Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA - Segment focus
- 11.6 Corning Inc.
- Exhibit 73: Corning Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Corning Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: Corning Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 76: Corning Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: Corning Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.7 Kyocera Corp.
- Exhibit 78: Kyocera Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Kyocera Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 80: Kyocera Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 81: Kyocera Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: Kyocera Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.8 LIXIL Corp.
- Exhibit 83: LIXIL Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 84: LIXIL Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: LIXIL Group Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 86: LIXIL Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 87: LIXIL Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.9 Mohawk Industries Inc.
- Exhibit 88: Mohawk Industries Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 89: Mohawk Industries Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 90: Mohawk Industries Inc.- Key news
- Exhibit 91: Mohawk Industries Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 92: Mohawk Industries Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.10 R.A.K Ceramics PJSC
- Exhibit 93: R.A.K Ceramics PJSC - Overview
- Exhibit 94: R.A.K Ceramics PJSC - Business segments
- Exhibit 95: R.A.K Ceramics PJSC - Key offerings
- Exhibit 96: R.A.K Ceramics PJSC - Segment focus
- 11.11 SCHOTT AG
- Exhibit 97: SCHOTT AG - Overview
- Exhibit 98: SCHOTT AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 99: SCHOTT AG.- Key news
- Exhibit 100: SCHOTT AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 101: SCHOTT AG - Segment focus
- 11.12 The Siam Cement Group Public Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 102: The Siam Cement Group Public Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 103: The Siam Cement Group Public Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 104: The Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 105: The Siam Cement Group Public Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 106: The Siam Cement Group Public Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 107: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 108: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 109: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 110: Information sources
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 111: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increased investment i n the development of infrastructure
- Increasing use of ceramics in medical applications
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.