Clinical Nutrition Market by Route of Administration and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43306
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The clinical nutrition market share is expected to increase by USD 22.2 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.8%. This clinical nutrition market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The clinical nutrition market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Lonza Group Ltd., Nestle SA, Perrigo Co. Plc, Pfizer Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, and Unilever Group among others. Furthermore, this report extensively covers clinical nutrition market segmentation by route of administration (enteral nutrition and parenteral nutrition) and geography (North America, Asia, Europe, and ROW).
What will the Clinical Nutrition Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Clinical Nutrition Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Clinical Nutrition Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The growing geriatric population is notably driving the clinical nutrition market growth, although factors such as irregular product penetration may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the clinical nutrition industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Clinical Nutrition Market Driver
The growing geriatric population is a major factor driving the global clinical nutrition market share growth. The global population is growing rapidly. Longevity and a decrease in fertility rates are the major reasons for the growth of the geriatric populations. The geriatric population is a major proportion of the population of developed and developing countries. The geriatric population of countries such as the US, South Korea, China, Japan, Italy, Russia, Australia, Germany, Taiwan, Canada, Poland, and Ukraine is also growing, which strives the growth of the global clinical nutrition market during the forecast period. Aging increases the chances of chronic diseases. Due to the increasing prevalence of several diseases among the geriatric population, the required nutrients cannot be absorbed from the diet. Hence, the geriatric population requires clinical nutrition. In some conditions, geriatric patients cannot use enteral nutrition. Hence, they are recommended parenteral nutrition by healthcare professionals. Parenteral nutrition is commonly used by people who are admitted to hospitals and people who use home-care. Therefore, the growth of the geriatric population will increase the consumption of clinical nutrition, which will drive the growth of the global clinical nutrition market.
Key Clinical Nutrition Market Trend
Online retailing is another factor supporting the global clinical nutrition market share growth. The increased penetration of the Internet is changing the purchase patterns of all retail products, which include clinical nutrition products. In the recent years, almost all products have become available online. Due to the increasing penetration of the Internet and online retailing, customers now prefer purchasing these products from online stores. Online stores improve the convenience of customers. Many websites now have live chat options to instantly address queries, which was not available earlier. Vendors are interacting with consumers frequently to improve awareness and encourage them to focus on maintaining their health and wellness. End-users can compare products, price, vendors, and pack size to select the best-suited product. Owing to these value additions, the sales of products through online stores are increasing. The increasing penetration of the Internet in emerging countries is also increasing the sales of clinical nutrition products through online stores in these countries. Essentially, the advent of online retailing will drive the growth of the global clinical nutrition market.
Key Clinical Nutrition Market Challenge
The irregular product penetration will be a major challenge for the global clinical nutrition market share growth during the forecast period. In developing countries, especially in rural areas, the penetration and availability of these products are limited. This is due to the lack of healthcare facilities and the limited number of skilled healthcare professionals. Limited access to healthcare facilities and the shortage of healthcare practitioners, paramedical staff, nutritionists, and food consultants is a major challenge for the growth of the market and customers who are critically ill. Though awareness about clinical nutrition is increasing, the lack of accessibility and affordability is affecting the growth of the market. Therefore, vendors that ignore such critical factors could lose their market share as underdeveloped and developing countries account for the majority of the global population. The low penetration of online retailing due to limited access to the Internet in developing countries also affects the growth of the market. Therefore, vendors are not making significant investments to improve their distribution channels, warehouses, and manufacturing units. Hence, irregular product penetration could affect the growth of the global clinical nutrition market.
This clinical nutrition market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global clinical nutrition market as a part of the global pharmaceuticals market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the clinical nutrition market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Clinical Nutrition Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Abbott Laboratories
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International Inc.
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Nestle SA
- Perrigo Co. Plc
- Pfizer Inc.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc
- Unilever Group
This statistical study of the clinical nutrition market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The clinical nutrition market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Abbott Laboratories- The company offers ELECARE, an amino acid-based powder infant formula with iron and other related products.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The clinical nutrition market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Clinical Nutrition Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the clinical nutrition market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global pharmaceuticals market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Clinical Nutrition Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
34% of the market’s growth will originate from Asia during the forecast period. China is the key market for clinical nutrition market in Asia. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in all other regions.
Increasing number of premature births in developing countries will facilitate the clinical nutrition market growth in Asia over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The COVID-19 outbreak in the region, especially in China and India, resulted in a high number of hospitalizations and, subsequently, increased the demand for clinical nutrition. Also, clinical nutrition products were categorized under essential services, and their supply was not much affected. Thus, despite the presence of logistics and supply chain issues, clinical nutrition products were available in 2020 and 2021. The growth of the market is expected to register normal growth subsequently in the latter half of the forecast period, with the containment of COVID-19.
What are the Revenue-generating Route of Administration Segments in the Clinical Nutrition Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The clinical nutrition market share growth by the enteral nutrition segment will be significant in the parenteral products packaging market and the enteral syringe market during the forecast period. This has been due to improvements in techniques, compositions, and raw materials. The low cost and limited complications associated with enteral nutrition are increasing the demand for enteral nutrition across the world.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the clinical nutrition market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Clinical Nutrition Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 7.8%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 22.2 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Asia, Europe, and ROW
Performing market contribution
Asia at 34%
Key consumer countries
US, China, UK, Canada, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Abbott Laboratories, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Lonza Group Ltd., Nestle SA, Perrigo Co. Plc, Pfizer Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, and Unilever Group
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Clinical Nutrition Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive clinical nutrition market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the clinical nutrition market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the clinical nutrition industry across North America, Asia, Europe, and ROW
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of clinical nutrition market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Pharmaceuticals
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Route of administration
- 5.1 Market segments
- 5.2 Comparison by Route of administration
- 5.3 Enteral nutrition - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Enteral nutrition - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Enteral nutrition - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Parenteral nutrition - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Parenteral nutrition - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Parenteral nutrition - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Route of administration
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Route of administration
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Asia - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 28: Asia - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 30: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: ROW - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 32: ROW - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 33: Key leading countries
- 7.8 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 34: Market opportunity by geography
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 35: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 36: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 37: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 38: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 39: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 40: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Abbott Laboratories
- Exhibit 41: Abbott Laboratories - Overview
- Exhibit 42: Abbott Laboratories - Business segments
- Exhibit 43: Abbott Laboratories - Key offerings
- Exhibit 44: Abbott Laboratories - Segment focus
- 10.4 B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Exhibit 45: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Overview
- Exhibit 46: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 47: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 48: B. Braun Melsungen AG - Segment focus
- 10.5 Baxter International Inc.
- Exhibit 49: Baxter International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 50: Baxter International Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 51: Baxter International Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Baxter International Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
- 10.7 Lonza Group Ltd.
- Exhibit 57: Lonza Group Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Lonza Group Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 59: Lonza Group Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Lonza Group Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Nestle SA
- Exhibit 61: Nestle SA - Overview
- Exhibit 62: Nestle SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 63: Nestle SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: Nestle SA - Segment focus
- 10.9 Perrigo Co. Plc
- Exhibit 65: Perrigo Co. Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Perrigo Co. Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Perrigo Co. Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Perrigo Co. Plc - Segment focus
- 10.10 Pfizer Inc.
- Exhibit 69: Pfizer Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Pfizer Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Pfizer Inc. – Key news
- Exhibit 72: Pfizer Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.11 Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc
- Exhibit 73: Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 75: Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 76: Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc - Segment focus
- 10.12 Unilever Group
- Exhibit 77: Unilever Group - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Unilever Group - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Unilever Group - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: Unilever Group - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 81: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 82: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 83: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 84: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 85: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Growing geriatric population
- Online retailing
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.