Digital Education Publishing Market in US Growth, Size, Trends, Analysis Report by Type, Application, Region and Segment Forecast 2021-2025
- Published: Apr 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR43524
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The digital education publishing market share in US is expected to increase by USD 2.83 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 15.93%.
This digital education publishing market research report in US provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers digital education publishing market in US segmentations by product (digital textbooks, digital assessment books, and others), end-user (K12, higher education, and corporate and skill based), and geography (US and Rest of Americas). The digital education publishing market in US report also offers information on several market vendors, including Cengage Learning Inc., Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH and Co. KG, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co., Instructure Inc., John Wiley and Sons Inc., McGraw Hill Education Inc., NIIT Ltd., Pearson Plc, RELX Plc, and Scholastic Corp. among others.
What will the Digital Education Publishing Market Size in US be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Digital Education Publishing Market Size in US for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Digital Education Publishing Market in US: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The competitive price of digital educational content is notably driving the digital education publishing market in US growth, although factors such as availability of open-source material may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the digital education publishing industry in US. The digital publishing market size analysis will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Digital Education Publishing Market Driver in US
One of the key factors driving the digital education publishing market growth in US is the competitive price of digital educational content. Vendors that publish educational books are increasingly moving toward digital platforms given their lower operational costs (expenditure on raw materials, machinery, and labor get eliminated) over printed textbooks. The digital format also conveniences vendors to provide updated content as opposed to adding content in printed textbooks as the latter can become outdated or obsolete within a short period of time. Furthermore, digital publishing platforms enable a relatively direct value chain model for educational content as students can directly purchase textbooks from the publisher or online distributor from smartphone devices or computers, eliminating middle-men costs in the process. Therefore, the competitive pricing of digital education content will fuel the growth of the digital education publishing market in US during the forecast period.
Key Digital Education Publishing Market Trend in US
Growing shift toward content customization is the major trend influencing the digital education publishing market growth in US. The education system in the US is gradually shifting from a theory-based, exam-oriented approach to a more practical learning and example-oriented approach. Several vendors in the country's digital education publishing market are developing interactive digital content with illustrated examples and multimedia links to make the content engaging and descriptive for learners. Vendors such as McGraw-Hill Education and Pearson offer digital educational content to schools and other institutions that can be customized according to their curriculum. This enables educational institutions to develop curriculum-based learning content for optimizing student learning. Moreover, with institutions encouraging students to bring their own digital devices, vendors are optimizing educational content to improve its readability and usability in smart devices. Therefore, with vendors focusing strongly on content delivery methods and customization to gain a competitive edge over rivals, content customization is expected to grow at a rapid rate in the digital education publishing market in US during the forecast period.
Key Digital Education Publishing Market Challenge in US
Availability of open-source material is one of the key challenges hindering the digital education publishing market growth in US. Vendors in the US, such as Club Z! and Kaplan, offer tutoring services across a range of subjects for a fee. However, several providers such as Coursera, edX, Udacity, and FutureLearn offer massive open online courses (MOOCs) with learning flexibility in terms of accessibility and course duration. The popularity of MOOCs in the US is increasing owing to their highly dynamic and robust curriculum. MOOCs are increasingly emerging as a viable supplement or alternative to academic education in schools. Students can avail free online course content through mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets and complete the courses at their own pace. Students and parents are increasingly viewing open-source learning as a cost-effective alternative to purchasing digital published education contents individually. Thus, the rising popularity of MOOCs and open-source learning is expected to hamper the growth of the digital education publishing market in US during the forecast period.
This digital education publishing market in US analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global digital education publishing market in US as a part of the global education services market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the digital education publishing market in US during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Digital Education Publishing Market Vendors in US ?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Cengage Learning Inc.
- Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH and Co. KG
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co.
- Instructure Inc.
- John Wiley and Sons Inc.
- McGraw Hill Education Inc.
- NIIT Ltd.
- Pearson Plc
- RELX Plc
- Scholastic Corp.
This statistical study of the digital education publishing market in US encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The digital education publishing market in US is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as investments in R&D and launching new products to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Cengage Learning Inc. - The company offers learning solutions to higher education, professional, library reference, and school markets.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The digital education publishing market in US forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Digital Education Publishing Market in US Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the digital education publishing market in US, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Digital Education Publishing Market in US?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The digital education publishing market share in US growth by the digital textbooks will be significant during the forecast period. A digital textbook is an e-book used as a substitute for printed textbooks in the K-12, higher education, and the corporate segments. The demand for digital textbooks is increasing owing to their low cost compared with printed textbooks.
Besides the above-mentioned factors, the post COVID-19 impact has brought forth a slowdown in or fast tracked the demand for the service or product. This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the digital education publishing market size in US and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Digital Education Publishing Market Scope in US
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 15.93%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2.83 billion
YoY growth (%)
US and Rest of Americas
Performing market contribution
US at 46%
Key consumer countries
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Cengage Learning Inc., Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH and Co. KG, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co., Instructure Inc., John Wiley and Sons Inc., McGraw Hill Education Inc., NIIT Ltd., Pearson Plc, RELX Plc, and Scholastic Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Digital Education Publishing Market in US Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive digital education publishing market growth in US during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the digital education publishing market size in US and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the digital education publishing industry across US and Rest of Americas
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of digital education publishing market vendors in US
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Education Services
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Digital textbooks - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Digital textbooks - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Digital textbooks- Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Digital assessment books - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Digital assessment books - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Digital assessment books - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Others - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 22: Others - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Product
6 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 6.1 Market segments
- 6.2 Comparison by End-user
- 6.3 K12
- Exhibit 26: K12 - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Market size and forecast 2020-2025 58
- Higher education - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 61
- Corporate and skill based - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 64
- Market opportunity by End user 67
- Customer landscape 68
- Drivers, Challenges, and Trends 70
- Market drivers 71
- Market challenges 74
- Market trends 77
- Vendor Landscape 79
- Overview 80
- Vendor landscape 81
- Landscape disruption 82
- Vendor Analysis 84
- Vendors covered 85
- Market positioning of vendors 87
- Cengage Learning Inc 89
- Georg von Holtzbrinck GmbH and Co. KG 90
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Co 91
- Instructure Inc. 93
- John Wiley and Sons Inc 95
- McGraw Hill Education Inc 97
- NIIT Ltd 99
- Pearson Plc 101
- RELX Plc 103
- Scholastic Corp 105
- Appendix 107
- Scope of the report 108
- Currency conversion rates for US$ 109
- Research methodology 111
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Competitive price of digital educational content
- HTML5 emerging as main progra m ming language for content publishing
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts