Energy as a Service (EaaS) Market by End-user, Service, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Apr 2021
- Pages: 127
- SKU: IRTNTR40236
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The energy as a service (EaaS) market share is expected to increase by USD 19.04 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 20.51%. This energy as a service (EaaS) market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. The energy as a service (EaaS) market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Ameresco Inc., Enel Spa, ENGIE SA, Honeywell International Inc., Johnson Controls International Plc, Panasonic Corp., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, and VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT SA among others. Furthermore, this report extensively covers energy as a service (EaaS) market segmentation by end-user (industrial and commercial), service (procurement, storage, and management and optimization), and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA).
What will the Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Energy as a Service (EaaS) Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increase in adoption of renewable energy is notably driving the energy as a service (EaaS) market growth, although factors such as implementation and deployment challenges may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the energy as a service (EaaS) industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market Driver
The increase in adoption of renewable energy is a major factor driving the global energy-as-a-service (EaaS) market share growth. Continuous growth in global energy demand, clean energy initiatives, and subsidies for power generation using sustainable sources are promoting the use of renewable energy sources such as solar and wind. Goverments are shifting their focus from conventional sources of fuel to renewables to reduce the emission of hazardous gases that have an adverse impact on the environment. As part of clean energy initiatives, several countries are using fuels such as electricity and hydrogen fuels in the transportation sector. The EaaS model helps companies to procure electricity from different suppliers so that total energy costs can be reduced. Furthermore, companies can procure renewable energy that they want without having the associated capital expense of equipment purchases, and this enables them to make significant savings in terms of capital expenditures. Therefore, the growing dependence on renewable energy sources will have a positive impact on the adoption of the EaaS model and is likely to drive the growth of the global Energy as a Service (EaaS) market during the forecast period.
Key Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market Trend
The increasing adoption of microgrids is another factor supporting the global energy-as-a-service (EaaS) market share growth. Microgrids have emerged as a solution to resolve inconsistencies in grid infrastructure and performance. Moreover, microgrids use solar and wind energy sources to generate power, which is one of the major factors driving their adoption amid rising environmental concerns. Microgrids play a critical role in protecting consumers from power outages and ensuring energy security. The two traditional mechanisms for microgrid development are self-financed construction and operation of microgrid and appointing a third-party to construct and operate the microgrid. Both models will incur development and operational burden on the institutions, businesses, or organizations that are hosting the microgrid. To minimize the burden on the host of microgrids, a third model called EaaS was created. Through this model, customers can obtain the benefits of microgrids by contracting services instead of purchasing an entire power plant. The adoption of microgrids is increasing owing to their benefits such as reliable and continuous power supply. Due to such reasons, a rise in the installation of microgrids is expected to drive the global Energy as a Service (EaaS) market during the forecast period.
Key Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market Challenge
The implementation and deployment challenges will be a major challenge for the global energy-as-a-service (EaaS) market share growth during the forecast period. EaaS solution requires the deployment of advanced IoT devices and equipment for tracking energy consumption and usage patterns. This data is later used by service providers for setting energy tariffs and suggesting energy management techniques. However, the installation of these devices can be a cumbersome process, especially in the case of existing large commercial or industrial environments. Moreover, IoT data collection requires a high-performance analytics platform, which is capable of handling data cleansing, processing, and representation. A major challenge in the implementation of the EaaS model is the installation of renewable energy systems and battery storage systems at the end-user premises. These systems are installed to minimize the dependence on power grids and reduce electricity bills. Although the deployment of these systems will result in savings for users in the long run, the initial cost of their deployment can be considerably high and may discourage customers from opting for an EaaS solution. This is likely to impede the growth of the market during the forecast period.
This energy as a service (EaaS) market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global Energy as a Service (EaaS) market as part of the global utilities market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the energy as a service (EaaS) market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Ameresco Inc.
- Enel Spa
- ENGIE SA
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Johnson Controls International Plc
- Panasonic Corp.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Siemens AG
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT SA
This statistical study of the energy as a service (EaaS) market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The energy as a service (EaaS) market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- Ameresco Inc.- The company offers EaaS that takes care of issues like deferred maintenance backlogs, capital constraints, aggressive sustainability targets demanded by their stakeholders.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The energy as a service (EaaS) market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the energy as a service (EaaS) market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global utilities market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated on other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
58% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for energy as a service (EaaS) market in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in all other regions.
The growing demand for electricity from end-users, including commercial buildings, will facilitate the energy as a service (EaaS) market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The energy as a service (EaaS) market share growth by the industrial segment will be significant during the forecast period. The industrial segment includes EaaS solutions provided to industrial businesses such as factories, construction companies, and manufacturing firms, which consume high amounts of energy for their daily operations. The significant growth of the industrial sector is likely to stimulate energy consumption, which will ultimately increase the demand for the EaaS model, thereby driving the market by the industrial segment.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the energy as a service (EaaS) market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 20.51%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 19.04 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 58%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, Germany, China, and UK
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Ameresco Inc., Enel Spa, ENGIE SA, Honeywell International Inc., Johnson Controls International Plc, Panasonic Corp., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, and VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT SA
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Energy As A Service (EaaS) Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive energy as a service (EaaS) market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the energy as a service (EaaS) market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the energy as a service (EaaS) industry across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of energy as a service (EaaS) market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value Chain Analysis: Electric Utilities
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five Forces Summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Industrial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Industrial - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Commercial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Commercial - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Commercial - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
7 Market Segmentation by Service
- 7.1 Procurement
- 7.2 Storage
- 7.3 Management and optimization
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 Vendor landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- 11.3 Ameresco Inc.
- 11.4 Enel Spa
- 11.5 ENGIE SA
- 11.6 Honeywell International Inc.
- 11.7 Johnson Controls International Plc
- 11.8 Panasonic Corp.
- 11.9 Schneider Electric SE
- 11.10 Siemens AG
- 11.11 Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- 11.12 VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT SA
- 12.1 Scope of the report
- 12.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- 12.3 Research methodology
- 12.4 List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increase in adoption of renewable energy
- Increasing adoption of microgrids
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts