Gambling Market by Type, Platform, and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jun 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR41072
Purchase this report now and if we publish a new version within 90 days, we will send you a free copy.
The gambling market share is expected to increase by USD 231.63 billion from 2019 to 2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.93%.
This gambling market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers gambling market segmentations by type (lottery, betting, and casino), platform (offline and online), and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA). The gambling market report also offers information on several market vendors, including 888 Holdings Plc, bet365 Group, Caesars Entertainment Corp., Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd., Flutter Entertainment Plc, Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd., INTRALOT SA, Las Vegas Sands Corp., MGM Resorts International, and William Hill Plc among others.
What will the Gambling Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Gambling Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Gambling Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and after the post-COVID-19 era. The increasing betting on e-sports is notably driving the gambling market growth, although factors such as security and credibility issues associated with online gambling may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the gambling market industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Gambling Market Driver
One of the key factors driving the global gambling market is the high penetration of smartphones. Smartphone penetration is increasing because of the declining average selling price (ASP) of smartphones and developments in communication network infrastructure. Smartphones provide a convenient and intuitive interface for playing casino games and e-sports. The increasing penetration of smartphones is propelling the growth of the global gambling market. They are becoming one of the major platforms for online gambling as they provide ease of access to casino games and e-sports betting. Smartphones support many mobile-based payment solutions such as M-Pesa, Orange Money, and Airtel Money. Several vendors, such as William Hill, 888 Holdings, and Flutter Entertainment, have started launching mobile gambling applications due to the enhancement in mobile payment systems. Vendors in the market are quickly responding to changes in the industry and are implementing digital platforms to capitalize on the increasing use of smartphones for gambling activities. Technavio expects that rising smartphone penetration will present several opportunities for vendors to capture market share during the forecast period.
Key Gambling Market Trend
The use of bitcoins in gambling is another factor supporting the global gambling market growth in the forecast period. International transactions, fast deposits and withdrawals, lower fraud risks, speedy payments, and no transaction fee distinguish bitcoin from other currencies. Bitcoin transactions are supported by a number of online gambling platform providers, including Bitcasino.io, a division of mBet Solutions NV, which provides gaming services such as bitcoin slots and table games, as well as the ability to make bitcoin transactions. Customers can utilize any transaction platform for gambling activities such as casinos, online lotteries, e-sports betting, and spread betting because numerous means of transactions are available. As a result, customers are happier and have a better playing experience. Because of the growing popularity of online gambling, the trend of utilizing bitcoins for gambling seems likely to grow. Furthermore, the high monetary fluctuation and taxes on the gambling industry will encourage customers and vendors to use bitcoins for making transactions in gambling games such as betting, casinos, and lotteries and hence, driving the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Gambling Market Challenge
Security and credibility issues associated with online gambling will be a major challenge for the global gambling market during the forecast period. Most gambling websites do not have a proper dispute resolution framework, lack transparency in cash prize payout, and do not have fair and responsible casino gaming standards, which reduces the credibility of gambling operators and platform providers. This impacts the scaling of the casino business and discourages new users from joining gambling games such as casinos and poker. Furthermore, online gambling websites have become prime targets for cyber attackers and scammers. Gambling websites capture vital information about users, such as bank details and credit card numbers, which are vulnerable to hacking. Several offshore-run Internet casinos do not have the latest cybersecurity technologies in place, which increases the chances of cyberattacks. Some online casinos use poker bots representing human players, which are programmed for optimal play and drive up betting amounts. Moreover, online gambling operators need to devise a security framework that covers proper authentication, cryptographic techniques, software protection, and vulnerability scanning. Thus, security and credibility issues associated with online gambling are hindering the growth of the global gambling market.
This gambling market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2020-2024.
Parent Market Analysis
The global gambling market is a part of the global casinos and gaming market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the gambling market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Gambling Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- 888 Holdings Plc
- bet365 Group
- Caesars Entertainment Corp.
- Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd.
- Flutter Entertainment Plc
- Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd.
- INTRALOT SA
- Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- MGM Resorts International
- William Hill Plc
This statistical study of the gambling market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The gambling market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as expanding their product portfolios by developing advanced technologies and new product launches to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
- 888 Holdings Plc - In March 2021, the company announced a partnership with MotoGP. Similarly, in January 2021, the company announced the extension of its partnership with Caesars Interactive Entertainment.
- Caesars Entertainment Corp. - In April 2021, the company announced the acquisition of William Hill PLC for approximately $4.0 billion to maximize the opportunity within sports betting and online gaming in the US. In April 2021, the company announced the extension of its partnership with the National Football League.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The gambling market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Gambling Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the gambling market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of global casinos and the gaming market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by service providers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions of Gambling Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request a FREE sample now!
43% of the market’s growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China, India, and Singapore are the key markets for the market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the North America, South America, and Europe regions.
Increasing demand for sports betting and lottery, which are legal in some countries such as South Korea and Hong Kong will facilitate the gambling market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 impacted the gambling industry in APAC. The pandemic led to the closure of offline casinos and a drop in the revenue of several casinos in the region. However, the introduction of iGaming, also known as online gambling, enhanced the gambling industry in the region. Moreover, in India, online gambling has become a center of attraction for customers during the pandemic. Such factors will lead to the growth of the gambling market in APAC during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating Type Segments in the Gambling Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request a FREE sample
The market share growth of the lottery segment will be significant during the forecast period. One of the major reasons for the rising demand for lotteries is the prizes offered by lottery service providers. To increase their customer base, several lottery service providers are offering huge amounts as prizes. The lottery market in North America and Europe is well developed, whereas the market is still in the nascent stage in APAC. However, the market in APAC is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period. In most countries, lottery systems are managed by the government.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the gambling market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Gambling Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.93%
Market growth 2020-2024
$ 231.63 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
APAC at 43%
Key consumer countries
US, China, Germany, and Canada
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
888 Holdings Plc, bet365 Group, Caesars Entertainment Corp., Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd., Flutter Entertainment Plc, Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd., INTRALOT SA, Las Vegas Sands Corp., MGM Resorts International, and William Hill Plc
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Gambling Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will drive gambling market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the gambling market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the gambling industry across North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of gambling market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis for casinos and gaming
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
- 3.5 Impact of COVID-19 on the gambling industry
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Type
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Type - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Type
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Type
- 5.3 Lottery - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Lottery - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 18: Lottery - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Betting - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Betting - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 20: Betting - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Casino - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 21: Casino - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 22: Casino - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.6 Market opportunity by Type
- Exhibit 23: Market opportunity by Type
6 Market Segmentation by Platform
- 6.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 24: Platform - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.2 Comparison by Platform
- Exhibit 25: Comparison by Platform
- 6.3 Offline - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 26: Offline - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 27: Offline - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.4 Online - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 28: Online - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 29: Online - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 6.5 Market opportunity by Platform
- Exhibit 30: Market opportunity by Platform
7 Customer landscape
8 Geographic Landscape
- 8.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 32: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 33: Geographic comparison
- 8.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 34: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 35: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.4 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 36: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 37: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.5 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 38: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 39: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 40: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ billion)
- Exhibit 41: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 8.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- 8.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 44: Key leading countries
- 8.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 45: Market opportunity by geography
9 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 9.1 Market drivers
- 9.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 46: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 9.3 Market trends
10 Vendor Landscape
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 47: Vendor landscape
- 10.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 48: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 49: Industry risks
11 Vendor Analysis
- 11.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 50: Vendors covered
- 11.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 51: Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 52: 888 Holdings Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 53: 888 Holdings Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 54: 888 Holdings Plc – Key news
- Exhibit 55: 888 Holdings Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 56: 888 Holdings Plc - Segment focus
- Exhibit 57: Bet365 Group Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 58: Bet365 Group Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 59: Bet365 Group Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 60: Caesars Entertainment Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 61: Caesars Entertainment Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 62: Caesars Entertainment Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 63: Caesars Entertainment Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 64: Caesars Entertainment Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 65: Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 67: Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 68: Camelot UK Lotteries Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 69: Flutter Entertainment Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Flutter Entertainment Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 71: Flutter Entertainment Plc – Key news
- Exhibit 72: Flutter Entertainment Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 73: Flutter Entertainment Plc - Segment focus
- Exhibit 74: Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd. – Key news
- Exhibit 77: Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 78: Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 79: International Game Technology Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 80: International Game Technology Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 81: International Game Technology Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 82: International Game Technology Plc - Segment focus
- Exhibit 83: INTRALOT SA - Overview
- Exhibit 84: INTRALOT SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 85: INTRALOT SA – Key news
- Exhibit 86: INTRALOT SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 87: INTRALOT SA - Segment focus
- Exhibit 88: Las Vegas Sands Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 89: Las Vegas Sands Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 90: Las Vegas Sands Corp. – Key news
- Exhibit 91: Las Vegas Sands Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 92: Las Vegas Sands Corp. - Segment focus
- Exhibit 93: MGM Resorts International - Overview
- Exhibit 94: MGM Resorts International - Business segments
- Exhibit 95: MGM Resorts International - Key offerings
- Exhibit 96: MGM Resorts International - Segment focus
- 11.3 888
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing betting on e-sports
- Growing number of M&A
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.