Global Airport Stands Equipment Market 2016-2020
- Published: Jun 2016
- Pages: 59
- SKU: IRTNTR9228
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research study presents a detailed segmentation of the global airport stands equipment market by type (stand entry guidance system, electrical ground power unit, preconditioned air unit, and air bridge) and by geography (Americas, APAC, and EMEA). The key vendors in the market are John Bean Technologies, Mallaghan, ThyssenKrupp Airport Systems, and TUG Manufacturing.
Outlook of the airport stands equipment market
Extensive research carried out by the analysts at Technavio has shown that the global airport stands equipment market will grow at a CAGR of more than 6% over the forecast period. Factors such as exponential growth in the tourism industry in the 2011-2015 period are expected to drive this market in the coming years. The number of international tourists has grown significantly and estimated that nearly 810 million tourists visited the European and American countries, and 550 million tourists visited Asian and Middle Eastern countries in 2015. This number is expected to rise by almost 30% over the forecast period. Therefore, governments around the world have made substantial investments to their transportation networks to accommodate this high volume of visitors. Moreover, growth in international tourism has led to expansion and construction of new and existing airports, and this will spur the growth of the airport stands equipment market in the coming years.
In this industry research report, the analysts have estimated factors such as increasing focus on non-aviation revenue to propel this market’s growth during the predicted period. Non-aviation revenues are often sources of future expansion projects of airports. Duty-free shops mostly sell high-end, luxury goods such as cosmetics, jewelry, confectionary items, and alcohol. The profits accrued from the sale of these duty-free products reduce the airport’s reliance on aeronautical revenues. Moreover, such retail outlets diversify the tax base of the airport, and this income is utilized for fulfilling the demand for the support equipment required at the airports like preconditioned air units and electrical ground power supply systems.
Segmentation by type and analysis of the airport stands equipment market
- Stand entry guidance system
- Electrical ground power unit
- Preconditioned air unit
- Air bridge
The air bridges segment dominated the market and accounted for a market share of close to 38% in 2015. Though this segment was the largest, its market share is expected to decrease due to the increasing demand for pre-conditioned air units and electrical ground power units. Moreover, the rising number of passengers is leading to an increased number of airlines being run by operators, which in turn, raises the demand for airport stands equipment like preconditioned air units and air bridges in the coming years.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the airport stands equipment market
During 2015, APAC dominated the market and accounted for nearly 43% of the market share. Factors such as the rapid development and expansion of airports, particularly in countries like India and China, is expected to propel the growth prospects of the airport stands equipment market in APAC by the end of 2020.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global airport stands equipment market is highly fragmented and competitive owing to the presence of well-diversified international and regional vendors. The increasing presence of international vendors is hindering the growth of small domestic players as they are unable to match the standards of the global players in terms of quality and cost effectiveness.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- John Bean Technologies
- ThyssenKrupp Airport Systems
- TUG Technologies
Other prominent vendors identified in the market are AERO Specialties, AEROTECH, AMSS, DENGE Airport Equipment, Sinepower, and TREPEL.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global airport stands equipment market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global airport stands equipment market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global airport stands equipment market?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global airport stands equipment market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market overview
- Global construction market
- Introduction to the airport market
- Segmentation of airport spending by solution type
- Operational systems
- Administrative systems
- Passenger processing systems
- Airport construction process
PART 06: Geographical segmentation
- Ownership of aircraft
- Types of airport stands equipment
PART 07: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 08: Market segmentation by type
- Global airport stands equipment by type
- Global air bridge market
- Global preconditioned air unit market
- Global stand entry guidance system market
- Global electrical ground power unit market
PART 09: Geographical segmentation
- Global airport stands equipment market share by geography
- Airport stands equipment market in Americas
- Airport stands equipment market in APAC
- Airport stands equipment market in EMEA
- Geographic market attractiveness
PART 10: Market drivers
- Growth in global freight and passenger traffic
- Growing government support in infrastructure spending
- Growth in global tourism industry
PART 11: Impact of drivers
PART 12: Market challenges
- Shortage of skilled personnel
- Increase in air traffic congestion
- Time and cost overruns
PART 13: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 14: Market trends
- Increase in Brownfield airport projects
- Rise in energy-efficient projects
- Focus on non-aviation-related revenue
PART 15: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Prominent vendors
- Other prominent vendors
PART 16: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 17: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.