Overview of the global gaming laptop market
Market research analysts at Technavio forecast that the global gaming laptop market will grow steadily over the next four years and post a CAGR of more than 21% by 2021. This laptop industry analysis identifies the growing popularity of e-sports as one of the primary growth factors for this market. Since e-sports create an environment for viewers to experience real-life gaming, the recent years witnessed a significant increase in the growth of the e-sports market. Additionally, the huge prize money involved with the various gaming tournaments that create high career prospects for gamers is increasing the number of gamers who aspire to become professional gamers. This will increase the number of venture capitalists investing in the e-sports market, which will consequently, propel the demand for laptops for gaming and gaming peripherals during the next four years.
The global laptop market research report estimates that in terms of geographical regions, the Americas will be the major revenue contributor to the market throughout the next four years. This is mainly due to the presence of numerous gamers in developed countries such as the US. Increased spending capability and an increase in the number of hardcore gamers in countries such as Brazil and Mexico, will also fuel the gaming laptop market’s growth prospects in this region.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The laptop industry is characterized by the presence of several leading vendors and appears to be highly competitive. Performance, innovation, product features, product quality, price, and financial stability are some of the major competitive factors among vendors in the market. According to the gaming laptop market analysis research report, vendors in the gaming laptop market are also increasing their investments towards designing, planning, developing, branding, expanding existing facilities, and acquiring new players in the market. This will eventually lead to the rapid growth of the laptop market. To remain competitive in the market, the vendors must develop new ideas and technologies and should also stay updated with the emerging technologies that could affect their product lines.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- ORIGIN PC
The other prominent vendors in the market are AORUS, CLEVO, Eluktronics, EVGA, Gigabyte Technology, HP, Lenovo, Razer USA, and XOTIC PC.
Segmentation by end-users and analysis of the gaming laptop market
- Casual gamers
- Hardcore gamers
- Professional gamers
Based on the gaming laptop market analysis, the professional gamers segment accounted for the major shares and dominated the gamer laptop market in 2016. The professional gamers are highly skilled gamers and are always on the lookout for various gaming platforms. The growth of the overall gaming market and the passion and seriousness of professional gaming is inspiring hardcore gamers to become professional gamers. This development will drive the gaming laptop market share and size.
Segmentation by price and analysis of the gaming laptop market
- USD 600 to USD 999
- USD 1000 to USD 1999
- USD 2000 to USD 2999
- USD 3000 and above
According to the laptop market analysis, 2016 witnessed an increased demand for gaming laptops priced between USD 1000 to USD 1999. This is mainly due to the high-end technology offered by game laptops for the best gaming experience such as a high-speed processor of 2.6 GHz, a storage capacity of 1 TB, and the HD display quality, in turn, leading to the growing laptop market size.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the global gaming laptop market size and growth rate be in 2021?
- What are the key factors driving the global gaming laptop market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global gaming laptop market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global gaming laptop market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global gaming laptop market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global gaming laptop market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01:Executive summary
PART 02:Scope of the report
PART 03:Research Methodology
PART 05:Market landscape
- Market overview
- Global gaming laptop market
- Five forces analysis
PART 06:Market segmentation by end-user
- Global gaming laptop by end-users
- Global gaming laptop market by professional gamers
- Global gaming laptop market by hardcore gamers
- Global gaming laptop market by casual gamers
PART 07:Market segmentation by price
- Global gaming laptop market by price
PART 08:Buying criteria
- Buying criteria of gaming laptop
PART 09:Geographical segmentation
- Global gaming laptop market by geography
- Gaming laptop market in Americas
- Gaming laptop market in EMEA
- Gaming laptop market in APAC
PART 10:Key leading countries
PART 11:Decision framework
PART 12:Drivers and challenges
- Market drivers
- Impact of drivers on key customer segments
- Market challenges
- Impact of challenges on key customer segments
PART 13:Market trends
PART 14:Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Key vendor analysis
- Other prominent vendors
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape