Global Microphones Market 2016-2020
- Published: Apr 2016
- Pages: 56
- SKU: IRTNTR8900
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report presents a detailed segmentation of the global microphone market by type (MEMS, electret, and others), by application (consumer electronics, corporate and education, sensing applications, medical, automotive applications, and security), and by geography (Americas, APAC, and EMEA). The key vendors identified in the market are AAC Technologies, BSE, GoerTek, Knowles Electronics, and STMicroelectronics.
Overview of the microphone market
Extensive research carried out by the analysts at Technavio has shown that the global microphone market will grow at an impressive CAGR of more than 7% during the forecast period. The increasing demand for consumer electronics is one of the key factors driving the growth of this market. The global consumer electronics market is growing substantially due to the increasing penetration of smart gadgets in the market. Moreover, with the growing penetration of microphones in consumer electronics, this market will have a positive impact in the coming years.
In this industry research report, the analysts have estimated factors like the constantly evolving nature of the MEMS packaging industry has a direct impact on the MEMS microphone market. Recently, MEMS packaging has gained immense importance as they had to integrate 9-axis sensors in a single package by reducing the size of the package. Moreover, vendors are striving to achieve standardization in packaging due to an increase in unit shipments of MEMS sensors. The dynamic nature of the MEMS packaging industry is expected to bolster the growth prospects of this market until the end of 2020.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the microphones market
- Consumer electronics
- Corporate and education
- Sensing applications
- Automotive applications
During 2015, the consumer electronics segment dominated the microphone market and accounted for more than 62% of the market share. Microphones are an integral part of consumer electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, digital video cameras, headphones, and smart devices. Microphones are an essential component of electronic products. Therefore, manufacturers strive to add new features such as far-field and directional audio to microphones. The increasing adoption of consumer electronic devices will directly influence the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the microphones market
During 2015, APAC dominated the market and accounted for a market share of more than 58%, in terms of revenue. The sales of consumer electronics are increasing rapidly in this region due to the presence of many emerging economies such as India, China, and Indonesia. Moreover, countries like China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan manufacture high proportion of microphones, thereby fuelling the growth of this market in APAC.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is highly fragmented owing to the presence of a vast number of established manufacturers and small pure-play players. Multiple vendors are expected to enter the market or increase their market presence by adopting innovative strategies during the forecast period.
Some of the key market vendors are -
- AAC Technologies
- Knowles Electronics
Other prominent vendors analyzed in this market study are Bosch Sensortec, Cirrus Logic, Hosiden, Infineon, InvenSense, MEMSensing, NeoMEMS Technologies, New Japan Radio, Omron
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global microphone market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global microphone market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global microphone market?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global microphone market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global MEMS Microphone Market 2016-2020
- Global M2M Platform Market 2015-2019
- Global Voice Recognition Biometrics Market 2015-2019
- Global Headphone Market 2015-2019
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Base year
- Vendor segmentation
- Summation errors
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Global microphone market
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by type
- Global microphone market by type
- Global MEMS microphone market
- Digital MEMS accounted for 59.84% of the market share in 2015 and is expected to reach 72.62% by 2020.Global electret microphone market
PART 07: Market attractiveness by type
- Global microphone market attractiveness by type
PART 08: Market segmentation by application
- Global microphone market by application
- Global microphone market by consumer electronics
- Global microphone market by corporate and education
- Global microphone market by sensing applications
- Global microphone market by healthcare
- Global microphone market by automobile applications
- Global microphone market by security
PART 09: Market attractiveness by application
- Global microphone market attractiveness by application
PART 10: Buying criteria
PART 11: Geographical segmentation
- Global microphone market by geography
- Microphone market in APAC
- Microphone market in Americas
- Microphone market in EMEA
PART 12: Key leading countries
PART 13: Market attractiveness by geography
- Global microphone market attractiveness by geography
PART 14: Market drivers
PART 15: Impact of drivers
PART 16: Market challenges
PART 17: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 18: Market trends
PART 19: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Market share analysis
- Major vendors
- Other prominent vendors
PART 20: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 21: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.