Global Female Depilatory Products Market 2016-2020
- Published: Sep 2016
- Pages: 86
- SKU: IRTNTR10078
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report identifies American International, Church & Dwight, Nads, P&G, and Reckitt Benckiser as the key vendors in the global female depilatory products market. This research report also presents a detailed segmentation of the market by product category (hair removal, creams, gels, lotions, waxes, and wax strips, razors and blades, and epilators and electric hair removal devices) and by geography (the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA).
Overview of the global female depilatory products market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global female depilatory products market to grow at a CAGR of more than 6% during the predicted period. Factors such as the increase in grooming, personal hygiene, and fashion-consciousness have boosted the demand for depilatory products among females. Manufacturers of depilatory products are gaining consumer interest by providing a wide range of functionalities such as skin type (normal, sensitive, dry), various part of the body (legs, bikini line, face, arms, underarms), and desired effect (long-lasting and quick results) in their products. They are also introducing functional features such as moisturization for skin and enhancing skin shine in their offerings. One of the latest proposed products that have gained popularity in the market recently is the Skarp razor which uses laser beams for the removal of hair.
The presence of harmful chemicals in regular depilatory products has affected their acceptance among consumers worldwide. Calcium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, thioglycolic acid, and sodium hydroxide are key ingredients in chemical hair removal creams and help remove hair faster. However, such chemicals have proved detrimental to the body, especially as these products are repeatedly used over a regular period. This has prompted consumers to look for alternative products that are safer and contain natural ingredients. Women are opting for such hair removal products that contain natural and organic ingredients. For instance, Amber Gel offers hair removal creams containing extracts of natural ingredients, and these creams provide a safer option for people with sensitive skin and conditions like eczema and varicose veins.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The market is marked by the presence of both regional and international vendors. The global vendors dominate the market and account for a significant share of the total market. Competition in the market is anticipated to intensify in the coming years with the growing influx of private labels. New entrants and existing players in the beauty and personal care industry may extend their product portfolio to enter the female depilatory products market during the forecast period.
Leading vendors in the market are -
- American International
- Church & Dwight
- Reckitt Benckiser
Other prominent vendors in the female depilatory products market include Avon Products, Chatters Canada, Conair, Coty, Dabur, Edgewell Personal Care, Jolen, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, Revitol, Revlon, and Vi-John Group.
Segmentation by product category and analysis of the female depilatory products market
- Hair removal, creams, gels, lotions, waxes, and wax strips
- Razors and blades
- Epilators and electric hair removal devices
The hair removal creams, gels, lotions, wax, and wax strips segment will continue to dominate the female depilatory products market during the forecast period and is anticipated to occupy more than 56% of the total market share by 2020. The increasing need for personal grooming and the launch of innovative products like those made using organic ingredients are likely to stimulate demand in this market during the forecast period. Also, increasing awareness about products that offer softening and moisturizing features is encouraging females to purchase these depilatory products. With the constant launch of products that contain fragrances and natural ingredients, the segment will grow at a CAGR of around 7% during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the female depilatory products market
Europe accounted for the largest market share in 2015 and occupied more than 35% of the total market revenue. Much of the region’s growth can be attributed to the individual desire to remain well-groomed. Moreover, the growing preference for shaving at home, which is cost-effective and time-saving will also contribute to the growth of the market. High consumer awareness of depilatories as safe, efficient, and easy options to stay well-groomed is a major factor that will further spur growth prospects for the market in the region.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global female depilatory products market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global female depilatory products market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global female depilatory products market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global female depilatory products market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global female depilatory products market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Market summary
PART 03: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Key-vendor offerings
PART 04: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 05: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 06: Economic indicators
- Global economic indicators
PART 07: Methods of hair removal
- Hair removal techniques
PART 08: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 09: Market segmentation by product category
- Global female depilatory products market by product category
- Hair removal creams, gels, lotions, waxes, and wax strips
- Razors and blades market
- Epilators and other electric hair removal devices
PART 10: Geographical segmentation
- Market segmentation by geography
- Female depilatory products market in Europe
- Female depilatory products market in the Americas
- Female depilatory products market in APAC
- Female depilatory products market in MEA
PART 11: Key leading countries
PART 12: Market drivers
- Product innovation and line extension by vendors
- Consumer emphasis on personal grooming and hygiene
- Increased demand for do-it-yourself (DIY) hair removal methods
- Increase in number of working women leveraging demand for personal grooming
PART 13: Impact of drivers
PART 14: Market challenges
- Depilation related safety concerns
- Threat from counterfeit products
- Increasing demand for laser hair removal
- Criticality of inventory management and product sourcing
PART 15: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 16: Market trends
- Increasing demand for natural and organic products
- Marketing campaigns through offline and social media to grow sales
- Growing presence in online segment with increased internet and smartphone penetration
- Rise in number of private labels and niche brands and smaller manufacturers
PART 17: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Comparative analysis of key vendors
- American International Industries
- Church & Dwight
- Procter & Gamble (P&G)
- Other prominent vendors
PART 18: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 19: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.