Global Online Beauty and Personal Care Market 2016-2020
- Published: Aug 2016
- Pages: 79
- SKU: IRTNTR9947
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report identifies players like Amazon, LOréal, Estée Lauder, P&G, and Sephora to be the key vendors in the global online beauty and personal care market. This research report also presents a detailed segmentation of the market by product (skin care, hair care, oral hygiene, bath and shower, male grooming, baby and child care, sun care, depilatory products, color cosmetics, fragrances, and deodorants) and by geography (the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA).
Global outlook of online beauty and personal care market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global online beauty and personal care market to grow at a CAGR of more than 16% by 2020. The rise in the number of millennial shoppers has fueled the growth of online retail channels as most of them are tech-savvy and price-sensitive and prefer shopping online at discounted rates. Bath and shower products, hair conditioners, suntan products, and hair styling gels are the most purchased beauty and personal care products online. The ease and time-saving aspects of online shopping and the wide range of products available on online retail platforms are additional factors that have contributed to the growth of online retail. Also, with e-retailers offering better security features for online payments, free delivery, improved online customer services, and customer-friendly and easy-to-navigate shopping websites, the number of consumers using online portals for shopping will increase significantly in the next few years. Moreover, the surge in demand for halal beauty and personal care products online is another factor that will boost the growth prospects of the market during the forecast period.
The latest development gaining traction in this market is the rise in demand for dermo-cosmetic products. Dermocosmetics are products that integrate cosmetic action with dermatological functions. It is a segment of dermatology that focuses on the aesthetic appearance of the skin and has gained huge prominence in the global beauty market. Western Europe represents almost 60% of the dermo-cosmetics market where France is the market leader in terms of revenue, followed by Italy, Germany, and Spain.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
This market is marked by the presence of both national and international vendors. These e-retailers sell multi-brands including their home brand or private label consumer products to end-users through their online portals. The increased adoption of m-commerce and network marketing will prove beneficial for the growth of the market players during the forecast period. The chances of many startups and large firms entering the market are high, considering the high growth potential of the market.
Leading vendors in the market are -
- Estée Lauder
Other prominent vendors in the online beauty and personal care market include Drugstore.com, e-Bay, Groupon, J.C. Penney, Kroger, Macy’s Inc., Target, Ulta, and Walmart.
Segmentation by product and analysis of the online beauty and personal care market
- Skin care products
- Hair care products
- Color cosmetics
- Oral hygiene products
- Bath and shower products
- Male grooming products
- Baby and child care products
- Sun care products
- Depilatory products
The skin care products segment will continue its dominance in the market and is anticipated to occupy more than 27% of the overall market share by 2020. The skin care segment includes facial creams and body lotions which are used to enhance the skin quality, rejuvenate the cells, prevent wrinkles, and brighten the skin. The availability of several new and improved products in the market will enhance the online sales of skin care products over the next few years. Also, vendors are launching products that contain ingredients derived from natural and organic sources, which will increase the revenue generated from these products during the forecast period.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the online beauty and personal care market
APAC is the largest revenue contributing region in the online beauty and personal care market and is likely to occupy around 40% of the total market share by 2020. Much of the region’s growth is driven by consumer experimentation with new products, which has increased the purchase of color cosmetics and fragrances. The rising popularity of safe cosmetics and increased adoption of specific products such as anti-agers, and whitening and skin lightening products by men will significantly accelerate growth in the market in this region over the next four years.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global online beauty and personal care market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global online beauty and personal care market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global online beauty and personal care market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global online beauty and personal care market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global online beauty and personal care market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Mass Beauty Care Market in the US 2016-2020
- Global Skin Care Products Market 2016-2020
- Personal Luxury Goods Market in the US 2015-2019
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
- Market overview
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Global beauty and personal care products market
- Global online beauty and personal care products market
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by product
- Market segmentation by product type
- Global online skin care market
- Global online hair care market
- Global online color cosmetics market
- Global online fragrances market
- Global online oral hygiene products market
- Global online bath and shower products market
- Global online male grooming products market
- Global online deodorants market
- Global online baby and child care products market
- Global online sun care products market
- Global online depilatory products market
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Market segmentation by geography
- Online beauty and personal care products in APAC
- Online beauty and personal care products in Europe
- Online beauty and personal care products in the Americas
- Online beauty and personal care products in MEA
PART 08: Key leading countries
PART 09: Market drivers
- Rising popularity of digital payment services through third-party providers
- Contribution of millennials to online growth
- Surge in demand for halal beauty and personal care products online
- High rate of internet and smartphone penetration and increase in online spending
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
- Revenues affected by taxes and regulations
- Growth of webrooming
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
- Growth of m-commerce and network marketing
- Rise in demand for dermocosmetic products
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Key news
- Estée Lauder
- Procter & Gamble (P&G)
- Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 16: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.