Global Cloud-based English Language Learning Market 2017-2021
- Published: Jan 2017
- Pages: 69
- SKU: IRTNTR11748
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report identifies suppliers like Linguatronics, Rosetta Stone, Sanako, and SANS to be the key vendors in the global cloud-based English language learning market. It also presents a detailed segmentation of the global market by end-user (corporate and academic) and by geography (APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW).
Overview of the global cloud-based English language learning market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global cloud-based English language learning market to grow steadily at a CAGR of above 27% by 2021. One of the primary drivers for this market is the rising adoption of cloud platform as a horizontal support. There has been a surge in the adoption of cloud-based English language learning among institutions and corporates. The transition can be attributed to the availability of various software solutions critical to either creating language learning courses or delivering them. For instance, there are cloud-based content authoring tool providers that assist in creating and designing content for English language learning. Moreover, management tools such as learning management system (LMS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) are adding momentum to the acceptability of the cloud-based English language learning, eventually leading to the growth of the global cloud-based English language learning market over the next few years.
One of the latest trends gaining traction in this market is the rapid rise in the adoption of HYPERLINK "/report/global-cloud-computing-hybrid-cloud-services-market" hybrid cloud platforms. In this model, the software or the resources are provided by the public cloud service provider on a private cloud platform. The public and private cloud infrastructures can operate independently and communicate over an encrypted connection that allows portability of data and applications. It also allows institutions to store privileged data on a private cloud and retain computational resources from the public cloud that runs applications relying on these data.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global cloud-based English language learning market is highly fragmented due to the presence of multiple international, regional, and local vendors. Competition is expected to intensify with local and regional players offering localized and low-cost solutions to institutions. To gain a competitive advantage, a number of vendors are going under M&A and strategic alliances. Also, in an attempt to capture higher market share vendors are constantly trying to offer enhanced user-friendly experience and incorporating advanced elements of learning such as games and speech recognition systems.
Leading vendors in the market are -
- Rosetta Stone
Other prominent vendors in the cloud-based English language learning market include Edusoft, OKpanda, Sanoma, and Voxy.
Segmentation by end-user and analysis of the cloud-based English language learning market
During 2016, the corporate cloud-based English language learning market dominated the cloud-based English language learning market and accounted for a major part of the overall market share. As English is a common language for executing business communications across the geographically diverse office locations, it has become imperative for corporates to adopt cloud-based English language learning solution.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the cloud-based English language learning market
- North America
In this market study, analysts have estimated APAC to dominate the cloud-based English language learning market during the forecast period. This market’s dominance can be attributed to the rapid growth of business process outsourcing (BPOs) and knowledge process outsourcing (KPOs) in the region.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2021?
- What are the key factors driving the global cloud-based English language learning market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global cloud-based English language learning market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global cloud-based English language learning market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global cloud-based English language learning market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global cloud-based English language learning market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Global language learning market
- Global digital English language learning market
PART 06: Market overview
- Five forces analysis
PART 07: Market segmentation by end-user
- Global cloud-based English language learning market by end-user
- Global corporate cloud-based English language learning market
- Global academic cloud-based English language learning market
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Global cloud-based English language learning market by geography
- Cloud-based English language learning market in APAC
- Cloud-based English language learning market in Europe
- Cloud-based English language learning market in North America
- Cloud-based English language learning market in ROW
PART 09: Market drivers
- Cloud platform as a horizontal support
- Administrative benefits
- Rise in use of mobile devices
- Advanced content authoring tools
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
- Challenges related to reliable and sustainable applications
- Weak need-gap analysis
- Increased focus on traditional languages
- Cloud delivery of MOOCs language learning courses
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
- Increased adoption of hybrid cloud
- Increased adoption of virtualization
- Outsourcing of services
- Wearable cloud technology to learn English language
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Competitive benchmarking
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
- Rosetta Stone
PART 16: Other prominent vendors
- Onwards Learning
PART 17: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 18: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.