Global Simulation Learning Market in the Higher Education Sector 2016-2020
- Published: May 2016
- Pages: 60
- SKU: IRTNTR8974
The 2021-2025 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report presents a detailed segmentation of the global simulation learning market in the higher education sector by product (STEM simulation learning and non-STEM simulation learning) and by geography (APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW). The key vendors in this market are Forio, InfoPro Learning, McGraw-Hill, and Pearson.
Overview of the global simulation learning market in the higher education sector
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global simulation learning market in the higher education sector to grow at a CAGR of more than 18% by 2020. Simulation learning is gaining traction in the education sector due to the growing number of students applying for higher educational studies. Simulation learning solutions are developed primarily to cater to the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and medical education segments. With increased Internet penetration in developing countries, computer and web-based simulations are gaining traction in the market.
According to this market research study, a significant trend gaining traction in the simulation learning market is the use of situated simulation, which applies mobile augmented reality by incorporating superior graphics, GPS, electronic compass, gyroscope, and an accelerometer in a tablet or smartphone in the learning process. Higher education instructors are adopting situated learning in classrooms through field trips to hospitals, planetariums, and science observatories to increase participation of students in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) courses.
Segmentation by product and analysis of the simulation learning market in the higher education sector
- STEM simulation learning
- Non-STEM simulation learning
The STEM simulation learning segment accounted for more than 77% of the total market share during 2015. Vendors are devising simulations for students of STEM courses, which can supplement traditional classroom courses. These simulation learning courses are scalable and can cater to the learning needs of a vast number of higher education students irrespective of their locations. The growing penetration of STEM simulation learning in developed countries will boost this market’s growth in the coming years.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the simulation learning market in the higher education sector
- North America
APAC will be the fastest-growing region in the simulation learning market in the higher education sector, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 25% by 2020. Much of this region’s growth can be attributed to the high demand for packaged content and the increased use of tablets and laptops by higher education students. Factors such as high penetration of broadband services, increasing technology deployment in colleges and universities, digitization, new education policies, and high enrollment in online higher education will drive simulation learning in the higher education sector in APAC.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
It is an emerging market and is expected to grow immensely during the forecast period owing to the tremendous growth potential. An increasing number of higher education institutions are making use of advanced educational tools and are focusing on improving the ICT infrastructure in institutions. This has provided immense growth opportunities for market vendors who are compelled to provide unique offerings to their specific customers.
Key vendors in this market are –
- InfoPro Learning
The other prominent vendors in the simulation learning market in the higher education sector include Capsim Management Simulations, Edufice, Experiential Simulations, Indusgeeks Solutions, Innovative Learning Solutions, Realityworks, Simtics, Toolwire, and VChain Solutions.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global simulation learning market in the higher education sector?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global simulation learning market in the higher education sector?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global simulation learning market in the higher education sector?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global simulation learning market in the higher education sector?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global simulation learning market in the higher education sector?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- M-education Market in the US 2016-2020
- Global E-learning Packaged Content Market 2015-2019
- Global Higher Education M-Learning Market 2015-2019
Simulation is a technique can replace and amplify real-world experiences with guided, immersive ones, in an entirely interactive manner. With efforts to strengthen the enrolment in STEM education, more universities and schools are investing in the infrastructure to develop simulation environments to effectively teach various subjects. Educational practices that are included during simulation development include active learning, prompt feedback, interactivity, collaborative learning, high expectations, allowing diverse learning styles, and time on task.
The report, global simulation learning in the higher education market, is part of Technavio’s education portfolio. This portfolio provides a comprehensive market analysis along with the market share, market sizing, and market segmentations covering areas such as education technology, K12 and higher education, and school and college essentials. These market research reports provide a perspective on the various market opportunities and market threats along with the key trends that would influence the market growth during the forecast period. It presents insights into the changing competitive landscape and a detailed profiling and market analysis of the vendors. Also covered in the research are the key regions or countries that would have an impact on the market during the assessment years.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
- Market overview
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Global simulation learning in higher education market
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by product
- Global simulation learning in higher education market by product
- Global STEM simulation learning market in higher education
- Global non-STEM simulation learning market in higher education
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global simulation learning in higher education market by geography
- Simulation learning in higher education market in North America
- Simulation learning in higher education market in Europe
- Simulation learning in higher education market in APAC
- Simulation learning in higher education market in ROW
PART 08: Market drivers
- Enhancement of student and faculty experience
- Simulation learning in nursing and medical education
- Use of 3D content in simulations
- Inclusion of simulations in new learning methodologies
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- Limitations on curriculum integration
- Constraints related to time schedule and batch size
- Free simulations and university projects
- Threat from mannequin-based simulations in medical education
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Situated simulations using mobile augmented reality
- Increasing demand for virtual lab simulations
- Stronger focus on experiential and inquiry-based learning
- Emergence of tools that simplify the creation of simulations
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Competitive benchmarking
- Key vendor analysis
PART 14: Other prominent vendors
PART 15: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 16: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.