Global Electric Bus Charging System Market 2018-2022
- Published: Mar 2018
- Pages: 107
- SKU: IRTNTR21554
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This industry research report presents a comprehensive analysis of the electric bus charging system market by product such as depot charging system and city and column charging system. The report also presents a detailed analysis of the market’s growth prospects across regions such as the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
Overview of the global electric bus charging system market
Technavio’s market research analysts have identified the increasing popularity of electric buses as one of the primary factors that will trigger the growth of the electric bus charging system market in the coming years. The increasing production and sales of electric buses will drive the electric bus charging system market in the forthcoming years. China was the largest market for electric buses in 2017 and the government of China is motivating the utilization of electric buses for public transportation. The growing sales of electric buses in China is due to the rising pollution levels in the cities and increasing oil imports. The government of China owns the majority of electric bus charging systems and they are operated by swapping exhausted batteries with the charged ones. Our market research analysts estimate that in terms of units, the electric bus charging market will grow at a CAGR close to 33% by 2022.
The emergence of contactless and wireless charging systems is one of the key trends in the electric bus charging system market. Several companies are focusing on developing the contactless or wireless type of electric bus charging to effectively charge electric bus batteries. For example, Toshiba has developed a wireless charger for electric buses that can charge the vehicles electric battery using magnetic resonance system.
The electric bus charging system market appears to be concentrated due to the presence of few key vendors. This industry research report offers in-depth analysis of the competitive strategies adopted by the vendors to sustain among the competitors in the electric bus battery charging market. Technavio’s analysts also study the key market areas along with the product offerings of the vendors in the market.
The report includes an analysis of a number of companies in this marketspace including -
Segmentation by product and analysis of the electric bus charging system market
- Depot charging system
- City and column charging system
The depot charging system segment accounted for the major share of the electric bus battery charging market during 2017.Depot electric bus charging systems are mainly used to charge buses overnight. Our analysts predicted that this segment will perform well in the forthcoming years.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the electric bus charging system market
In terms of geography, APAC accounted for the majority of shares in the electric bus battery charging market during 2017. China is the largest adopter and contributor to the market, driving the growth of the electric bus charging system market significantly in the forthcoming years.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2022?
- What are the key factors driving the global electric bus charging system market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global electric bus charging system market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global electric bus charging system market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global electric bus charging system market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global electric bus charging system market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
PART 03: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
PART 04: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market ecosystem
- Market characteristics
- Market segmentation analysis
PART 05: MARKET SIZING
- Market definition
- Market sizing 2017
- Market size and forecast 2017-2022
PART 06: FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
PART 07: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY PRODUCT
- Segmentation by product
- Comparison by product
- Depot charging system – Market size and forecast 2017-2022
- City and column charging system – Market size and forecast 2017-2022
- Market opportunity by product
PART 08: CUSTOMER LANDSCAPE
PART 09: REGIONAL LANDSCAPE
- Geographical segmentation
- Regional comparison
- APAC – Market size and forecast 2017-2022
- EMEA – Market size and forecast 2017-2022
- Americas – Market size and forecast 2017-2022
- Market opportunity
PART 10: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 11: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
PART 12: MARKET TRENDS
- Increasing emergence of contactless and wireless charging systems
- Emergence of electric bus charging systems based on electric tram powering systems
- Rising introduction of connected electric bus charging systems for cashless payments
PART 13: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Landscape disruption
PART 14: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendors covered
- Vendor classification
- Market positioning of vendors
- List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.