Global ZigBee Home Automation Market 2016-2020
- Published: Aug 2016
- Pages: 93
- SKU: IRTNTR9723
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
The global ZigBee home automation market report offers an up-to-date analysis of the market concerning the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall global environment. This report provides an analysis of the market by application (environmental systems, media, security systems, and others) and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA). The report also provides an analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several companies including Atme, Digi, Freescale Semiconductor, GreenPeak Technologies, NXP Semiconductors, Renesas Electronics, Silicon Laboratories, STMicroelectronics, and Texas Instruments.
The infographic below contains key findings from our analysis of the ZigBee home automation market
Overview of the ZigBee home automation market
The global ZigBee home automation market research predicts the market to grow at an impressive CAGR of approximately 26% during the forecast period. The emergence of various ZigBee standards to support IoT devices will be a major ZigBee home automation market driver. The new ZigBee standards address the need for connecting several products like gateways, home appliances, and entertainment systems with a common wireless standard. In 2014, ZigBee Alliance announced the release of its ZigBee 3.0 that enables various products, related to home automation and healthcare to communicate and exchange data, using a sensing device. Furthermore, the ZigBee Remote Control 2.0 operates devices such as air conditioners, lights, thermostats, and security systems from greater distances, eliminating the need for line of sight.
Want a bigger picture? Try a FREE sample of this report now!
See the complete table of contents and list of exhibits, as well as selected illustrations and example pages from this report.
The evolution of IoT and SSL technologies has transformed the lighting market. Manufacturers are, at present, using semiconductors like LEDs as an alternative to traditional lighting products. The vendors in the lighting industry are collaborating with ZigBee manufacturers to develop internet connected lightbulbs, which are convenient and low-power consuming products.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global ZigBee home automation market is fragmented with the presence of a number of vendors. The vendors in this market offer a different range of products like lighting, control, appliances, and security based on various standards like ZigBee and Zwave. Suppliers like Silicon Labs, are attempting to increase their technological capabilities to gain maximum shares in the market. The new vendors are adopting M&A strategies to enter the market.
According to the ZigBee home automation market analysis, the key vendors in the market are -
- Freescale Semiconductor
- GreenPeak Technologies
- NXP Semiconductors
- Renesas Electronics
- Silicon Laboratories
- Texas Instruments
Other prominent vendors in the market are AAC Technologies, Aclara Technologies, Autani, Computime, Energate, HPL Electric and Power, Itron, Legrand, Melange Systems, Microchip Technology, MMB Networks, OKI Semiconductor, Profile Systems, SENA Technologies, Tendril Networks, TimeLox, Trilliant, and Telegesis.
Get more value with Technavio’s INSIGHTS subscription platform! Gain easy access to all of Technavio’s reports, along with on-demand services. Try the demo
Segmentation by application and analysis of the ZigBee home automation market
- Environmental systems
- Security systems
According to this ZigBee home automation market forecast, the media segment dominated the market and is expected to grow at an impressive CAGR of approximately 15% by 2020. ZigBee enabled set-top-boxes (STB) is the key revenue generator for this market. Also, with the increase in adoption of connected homes, the growth prospects for STBs in this market will have a positive outlook.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the ZigBee home automation market
In 2015, the Americas dominated the market, accounting for approximately 64% of the ZigBee home automation market share. Factors like the increase in the number of connected households will fuel the market growth in this region. The government agencies and utility companies in the Americas are installing ZigBee smart meters to receive accurate records of consumption of electricity.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global ZigBee home automation market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global ZigBee home automation market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global ZigBee home automation market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global ZigBee home automation market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global ZigBee home automation market?
Want to dial in on a specific region or segment? We can help! Our analysts can customize this market research report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Base year
- Market coverage
- Market size calculation
- Geographical segmentation
- Vendor segmentation
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Attributes of ZigBee mesh
- Potential benefits of ZigBee
- ZigBee application sectors
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Share of ZigBee-enabled devices based on 802.15.4 protocol
- Market size and forecast by unit shipment
- Market size and forecast by revenue
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Overview of wireless industry alliance
- Consortium for Smart Energy Profile 2 Interoperability (CSEP)
- HomePlug Powerline Alliance
- Wi-Fi Alliance
- ZigBee Alliance
- Z-Wave Alliance
PART 07: Overview of ZigBee standard
- ZigBee RF4CE
- ZigBee PRO
- ZigBee IP
- ZigBee remote control 2.0
- ZigBee 3.0
PART 08: Market segmentation by application
- Environmental systems
- Security systems
PART 09: Geographical segmentation
PART 10: Key leading countries
PART 11: Market drivers
- Need to minimize power consumption to reduce energy tariff
- Growing number of members in ZigBee Alliance
- Development of ZigBee standards to support IoT devices
- Rise in demand for low-energy consuming wireless technology
- Increase in need for energy-efficient HVAC equipment
PART 12: Impact of drivers
PART 13: Market challenges
- Availability of competing wireless technologies
- Cluttered ZigBee profiles
- High initial cost of smart products
- Lack of awareness about ZigBee technology
- Interference and limited throughput
PART 14: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 15: Market trends
- Utility companies supporting AMI
- Emergence of internet-connected lightbulbs
- Growing IoT standard diversity
- Growing inclination toward smart homes
- Emergence of DIY systems
- Promotion of smart thermostats by government authorities
PART 16: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Connectivity bridges the gap between macro and micro living conditions:
PART 17: Key vendor analysis
- Other prominent vendors
PART 18: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 19: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.