Global Sports Medicine Market 2016-2020
- Published: May 2016
- Pages: 110
- SKU: IRTNTR9387
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report presents a detailed segmentation of the global sports medicine market by product type (reconstructive products, support and recovery products, and accessories), by application (knee, shoulder, hip, spine, and others), and by geography (the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA). The leading vendors in the market include Arthrex, ConMed, Depuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew, and Stryker.
Global sports medicine market overview
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global sports medicine market to grow at a CAGR of more than 7% by 2020. One of the primary drivers for this market is the growing demand for minimally invasive (MI) surgeries. These are the most preferred procedures as they use power tools to carry out surgeries with small cuts, shortens the hospital stay post-surgery, reduces bleeding and recovery time, and enables a faster return to normal activities. There is an increased demand for these surgeries to treat sports complications related to the knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, and spine. The rise in the adoption of computer-assisted robotic surgeries and regenerative medicines for lesser recovery time is also propelling the growth of this market.
The market is witnessing high investments by vendors in the research activities. Based on the sports medicine industry trends, vendors are coming up with various new products with improved features and functions aimed at increasing their efficiency in healing. There is an increased preference for the use of MRI technology in treating sports injuries as it gives better diagnosis related to sports injuries. Many physicians are also using 3D-MRI techniques for better image-guided procedures. The manufacturers are developing better technologies to ensure the zero-defect reliability of the diagnosing devices and to improve their accuracy.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the sports medicine market
The knee segment will dominate the market during the forecast period and is expected to occupy more than 20% of the overall market share. It is one of the fastest-growing segments in the market owing to the rise in sports activities. The knee is the most common site of injuries in young athletes. Some of the common knee injuries include ACL, MCL, cartilage damage, and meniscal tear. Factors such as the rise in the adoption of ACL surgery and other minimally invasive techniques will drive the segment for knee treatment in the market.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the sports medicine market
During 2015, the MEA was the largest region in the sports medicine market and accounted for around 30% of the overall market share. Much of the region’s growth can be attributed to the growing popularity of bodybuilding and sports activities, coupled with various bodybuilding championships. The expansion of medical centers and organizations, hosting of medical conferences to create awareness, and the availability of low-cost manufacturing and favorable taxation are the key factors that will attract more foreign players in the region over the next four years.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The market is characterized by the presence of diverse international and regional providers. Vendors in the market compete on various factors such as price, availability, brand, and variety. The vendors are focusing on developing efficient production techniques to minimize production costs and prevent cost overruns, thereby boosting their profit margins. Competition in the market is expected to intensify during the forecast period with an increase in product or service extensions, product innovations, and M&A.
Sports medicine market key players are
- Depuy Synthes
- Smith & Nephew
Other prominent vendors in the sports medicine market are Anika Therapeutics, BSN medical, Breg, Cayenne Medical, Cramer Sports Medicine, DJO Global, Integra LifeSciences, Karl Storz Endoscopy, Medshape, Medtronic, Mueller Sports Medicine, Ottobock HealthCare, RTI Surgical, Sanofi, and Zimmer-Biomet.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global sports medicine market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global sports medicine market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global sports medicine market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global sports medicine market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global sports medicine market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Moist Wound Dressings Market 2016-2020
- Global Sports Medicine Devices Market 2015-2019
- Global Joint Repair Devices in Sports Medicine Market 2015-2019
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
- Market overview
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Market overview
PART 05: Market landscape
- Global sports medicine market
- Five forces analysis
- Buying criteria
PART 06: Product segmentation by type
- Global sports medicine market by product type
- Global sports medicine market by reconstructive products
- Global sports medicine market by support and recovery products
- Global sports medicine market by accessories
PART 07: Product segmentation by application
- Global sports medicine market by application
- Global sports medicine market for knee treatment
- Global sports medicine market for shoulder treatment
- Global sports medicine market for hip treatment
- Global sports medicine market for spine treatment
- Global sports medicine market for other treatments
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Global sports medicine market by geography
- Sports medicine market in the Americas
- Sports medicine market in Europe
- Sports medicine market in APAC
- Sports medicine market in MEA
PART 09: Market drivers
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Industry associations
- Market share analysis 2015
- DePuy Synthes
- Smith & Nephew
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
- Other prominent vendors
PART 16: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 17: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.