Global Mobile Payment Security Software Market 2016-2020
- Published: Jul 2016
- Pages: 54
- SKU: IRTNTR8689
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research report includes a detailed segmentation of the global mobile payment security software market by geography (Americas, APAC, and EMEA). The key vendors analyzed in this report are Apple, CA Technologies, Gemalto, Google, and VASCO.
Outlook of the global mobile payment security software market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global mobile payment security software market to grow at an impressive CAGR of around 24% during the forecast period. One of the major drivers for this market is the recent increase in the usage of wireless networks among the individual consumers. The augmented utilization of wireless networks in mobile devices for payment in retail stores has increased the need for mobile payment security software. With an increase in the number of advanced and sophisticated threats, the need for mobile payment security software has risen. This increase in the need for a secure mobile payment platform will bolster the prospects for growth in this market.
The growing adoption of multi-factor authentication techniques will aid in the growth of this market during the forecast period. Multi-factor authentication is a verification technique that uses two or more different authentication methods to prevent unauthorized access to financial details of the customers. This method utilizes various authentication techniques, such as smart cards, phone-based authentication, and biometrics technologies, to authenticate payment transactions on mobile devices.
Geographical segmentation of the mobile payment security software market
In this market study, analysts have estimated the Americas to account for more than 45% of the total market share by 2020. Due to the high penetration rate of smartphones and an increase in the number of mobile internet users, the adoption of mobile payment is increasing in the US. Also, the populace’s growing awareness about the usage of digital wallets for e-commerce transactions will also aid in the growth of this market in the Americas.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global mobile payment security software market is highly fragmented because of the presence of numerous small and large vendors. The providers in the market compete on the basis of price, quality, innovation, service, reputation, distribution, and promotion to gain maximum market shares during the forecast period. The high vendor competition has led to an increased number of mergers and acquisitions, wherein smaller entities are being acquired by or are being merged with, major players.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- CA Technologies
Other prominent vendors in the market include Chase Paymentech Solutions, Google, HP, Intel, Magtek, UL, and Vantiv.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global mobile payment security software market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global mobile payment security software market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global mobile payment security software market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global mobile payment security software market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Geographical information
- Summation errors
- Currency exchange rates
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Assumptions
PART 05: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 06: Market description
- Working flow of mobile payment security
- Advantages and disadvantages of mobile payment security software
PART 07: Market developments
- Emergence of SSO option
- Adoption of digital wallets
- Host card emulation
PART 08: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Global mobile payment market
- Value chain of mobile payment
- Global mobile payment security software market
PART 09: Product life cycle analysis
PART 10: Geographical segmentation
- Global mobile payment security software market by geography
- Global mobile payment security software market by geography (revenue)
PART 11: Buying criteria
PART 12: Market drivers
- Increased use of wireless networks
- Advanced and sophisticated threats
- Increase in compliance requirements
- Rise in number of online transactions
PART 13: Impact of drivers
PART 14: Market challenges
- Intense vendor competition
- Lack of strong telecom infrastructure in developing countries
- Lack of awareness about mobile payment security software among customers
PART 15: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 16: Market trends
- Introduction of mobile biometrics
- Development of multi-factor authentication
- Increased adoption of multimodal biometrics
- Emergence of NFC-based payments
PART 17: Impact of trends
PART 18: Five forces model
PART 19: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Product offerings
PART 20: Description of vendors
PART 21: Vendor matrix
- Competitive rating
PART 22: Other prominent vendors
PART 23: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 24: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.