Global Connected Car M2M Connections and Services Market 2016-2020
- Published: Jan 2016
- Pages: 89
- SKU: IRTNTR8275
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This research report presents the segmentation of the connected car M2M connections and services market by application (navigation, security tracking, insurance, shared car management, vehicle platform, entertainment and web access, and emergency services), by services (safety and security, driver assistance, infotainment, on-drive management, vehicle management, and others), and by usage (connected car M2M OEM market and connected car M2M aftermarket). Key vendors are BMW, GM, Gemalto, Sierra Wireless, and Verizon Telematics.
Market outlook of connected car M2M connections and services
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global connected car M2M services market to grow at a CAGR of over 30% while the connections market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 28% during the forecast period. The growing awareness of safety and services among drivers is one of the primary reasons for the growth of the market. According to Technavio, around 75% of vehicle drivers consider safety and security as a vital feature of a connected car. Connected car M2M services enable emergency services, vehicle diagnostics, and assistance on vehicle theft tracking.
Another spectacular trend is the demand for in-car infotainment services, which is a major driver for the market. In the automotive industry, infotainment technology is among the fastest growing technologies. Consumers use infotainment services for news, entertainment like music, video, Internet, and gaming, and education such as e-learning. Most audio product manufacturers have been experiencing increased profits because of the rise in demand for in-car infotainment services.
Services segmentation of the connected car M2M connections and services market
- Safety and security
- Driver assistance
- On-drive management
- Vehicle management
- Other services
The safety and security segment dminated the market during 2015, with a market share of almost 35%. Nowadays, every car comes with inbuilt safety and security measures. Another trending factor is the demand for the vehicle to vehicle (V2V) communication technology in the US, which will drive the market towards the upward trajectory during the forecast period. V2V technology allows cars on the roads to automatically exchange relevant data and information.
Geographical segmentation of the connected car M2M connections and services market
Americas accounted for over 55% of the market share during 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of almost 27% during the forecast period. The US contributed the majority of the revenue to the connected car M2M services market. The increased demand for in-car infotainment services, availability of the high-speed wireless network, awareness of safety and security services among consumers, and increased usage of advanced applications to manage vehicles are among the factors that drive the market.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The connected health M2M connections and services market is highly competitive with vendors competing on the basis of price, quality, innovation, service, reputation, distribution, and promotion. The high vendor competition has also led to an increased number of mergers and acquisitions.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- General Motors
- Sierra Wireless
- Verizon Telematics.
Other prominent vendors in the market include telecommunication operators and automotive service and equipment providers. Telecommunication operators include AT&T, Bell Mobility, BT, China Mobile, Datora Telecom, Deutsche TeleKom, Ericsson, Everything Everywhere, KDDI, Orange, Sprint, Telefonica, Telenor, Vodacom, Vodafone. Automotive service and equipment providers include Airbiquity, Apple , Audi, Autonet Mobile, Axway, Broadcom, CalAmp, Daihatsu, Daimler, Delphi Automotive, Ford Motor, Garmin, Google, Harman International, HERE, Hyundai Motors, IBM, Intel, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems, IturanLuxoft Holdings, Mahindra, Masternaut, Microsoft, Nokia, Nuance Communications, OmniLink, Oracle, Porche, Qualcomm, RACO Wireless, Selftrack, Sony, Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, Telit Communications, Tesla Motors, TomTom, Toyota Motors, Transatel, Viper, Virdata, Volvo, Wireless Car, Zhejiang Geely, and Zubie.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global connected car M2M connections and services market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global connected car M2M connections and services market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global connected car M2M connections and services market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global connected car M2M connections and services market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global connected car M2M connections and services market?
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Connected car M2M connections
- Connected car M2M services
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by application
- Global connected car M2M connections market by application
PART 07: Market segmentation by service category
- Global connected car M2M services market by service category
- Global connected car M2M services market by safety and security
- Global connected car M2M services market by driver assistance
- Global connected car M2M services market by infotainment
- Global connected car M2M services market by on-drive management
- Global connected car M2M services market by vehicle management
PART 08: Market segmentation by usage
- Global connected car M2M services market segmentation by usage
- Global connected car M2M OEM market
- Global connected car M2M aftermarket
PART 09: Global connected car M2M OEM market by product and service
- Global connected car M2M OEM market by product and service
- Global connected car M2M OEM in-vehicle services market
- Global connected car M2M OEM telematics services market
- Global connected car M2M OEM hardware and platform market
- Global connected car M2M OEM telecom services market
PART 10: Geographical segmentation
- Global connected car M2M services market by geographical segmentation
- Connected car M2M services market in Americas
- Connected car M2M services market in EMEA
- Connected car M2M services market in APAC
PART 11: Market drivers
PART 12: Impact of drivers
PART 13: Market challenges
PART 14: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 15: Market trends
PART 16: Vendor landscape
- Competitive Scenario
- General Motors
- Sierra Wireless
- Verizon Telematics
- Other prominent vendors
PART 17: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.