Outlook of the protective communication equipment market
According to the market research analysts at Technavio, the global protective communication equipment market will witness impressive growth at a CAGR of close to 8% over the forecast period. The increasing demand for protective communication equipment with in-built entertainment solutions is one of the primary factors driving this market’s growth. An increasing number of wearers in the industrial end-use segment and individual consumers prefer products that offer on-the-go entertainment. Moreover, products with entertainment solutions also improve wearer compliance since wearers do not have to switch between conventional music players and hearing protection products. Several vendors like Silenta offer a range of products with entertainment options. This product includes an FM radio receiver that allows users to listen to radio stations seamlessly. Such products will lead to the augmented adoption of protective communication equipment over the next four years.
In terms of geography, North America dominated the market and is expected to account for more than 34% of the total market shares by 2020. The growth of this market in the region is attributed to the fact that North America in general and the US in particular is the innovation hub of protective communication products, with the presence of key vendors such as Honeywell and 3M. Moreover, an increasing number of vendors are entering this market by offering novel and improved products. Also, stringent worker regulations and high compensation for the workers in the event of injuries have facilitated greater adoption of hearing protection products and higher worker compliance in North America.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global protective communication equipment market has very high competition due to the presence of numeruos well-established players in the market. The majority of the vendors offer passive hearing protection and communication products, since they were widely used prior to the introduction of intelligent hearing products. However, the focus on intelligent protection and communication products is growing as they provide situational awareness to wearers.
Key vendors in this market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Aegisound, CavCom, Elacin Hearing Protection, Hellberg Safety, Hunter Electronic, Minerva Hearing Protection, Savox Communications, Silenta Group, Silynx Communications, Sonetics, and Variphone International.
Segmentation by type of hearing protection and analysis of the protective communication equipment market
In terms of revenue, the passive hearing protection and communication products segment dominated the market in 2015, accounting for close to 75% of the total market shares. Passive protective communication equipment provides uniform attenuation, irrespective of the noise levels. Passive protective communication products have been used since the introduction of hearing protection products and are still widely used in developing countries.
Segmentation by end user and analysis of the protective communication equipment market
- Defense and law enforcement
- Oil and gas
The defense and law enforcement segment is the largest industrial consumer of hearing protection and communication products and accounted for close to 30% of the total market shares in 2015. These products enable greater coordination between team members and situational awareness, which is indispensable to the success of tactical operations. The QUIETPRO systems introduced by Honeywell have been fielded across more than 13 countries. In the US, the Army, Marine Corps, Air Force, special forces, and other government agencies have deployed over 45,000 units of QUIETPRO systems.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the protective communication equipment market size and growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global protective communication equipment market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global protective communication equipment market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global protective communication equipment market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global protective communication equipment market?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global protective communication equipment market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
The workers use protective communication devices in the hazardous and high-noise environment. A protective communication device helps a worker to establish clear communication with others and understand the environment in a better way. The device offers protection from continuous noise, especially in extreme noise environments at remote work sites. The hearing capabilities are of prime importance for workers to communicate and gain situational awareness, as well as to reduce the risk of other hazards or injuries. Traditional hearing protection are not enough to help the workers communicate in such extreme noise conditions and is leading to the augmented adoption of protective communication gear across industries such as oil and gas, mining, construction, aviation, and motorsports, among others.
The report, global protective communication market, is a part of Technavio’s new research areas portfolio. This portfolio provides a comprehensive market analysis along with the market share, market sizing, and market segmentations covering areas such as agricultural equipment, furniture and home furnishing, health and wellness, home kitchen and large appliances, lab equipment, and outdoor gear. These market research reports provide a perspective on the various market opportunities and market threats along with the key trends that would influence the market growth during the forecast period. It presents insights into the changing competitive landscape and a detailed profiling and market analysis of the vendors. Also covered in the research are the key regions or countries that would have an impact on the market during the assessment years.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Vendor segmentation
- Common currency conversion rates
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
- Global PPE market
- Global protective communication equipment market
PART 06: Market segmentation by type of hearing protection
PART 07: Market segmentation by type of communication system
PART 08: Market segmentation by end-user
- Global protective communication equipment market for defense and law enforcement sector
- Global protective communication equipment market for oil and gas industry
- Global protective communication equipment market for aviation industry
- Global protective communication equipment market for manufacturing industry
- Global protective communication equipment market for construction industry
- Global protective communication equipment market for other end-users
PART 09: Market segmentation by product format
- Global earmuff-based protective communication equipment market
- Global earplug-based protective communication equipment market
PART 10: Geographical segmentation
- Protective communication equipment market in North America
- Protective communication equipment market in APAC
- Protective communication equipment market in Europe
- Protective communication equipment market in ROW
PART 11: Market drivers
PART 12: Impact of drivers
PART 13: Market challenges
PART 14: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 15: Market trends
PART 16: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Vendor ranking
- Other prominent vendors
- Product format analysis
PART 17: Key vendor analysis
PART 18: Emerging vendor analysis
PART 19: Appendix
PART 20: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape