Global Intelligent Hearing Protection Devices Market 2016-2020
- Published: Aug 2016
- Pages: 69
- SKU: IRTNTR10169
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research analysis recognizes vendors such as Honeywell, 3M, and Phonak as the key players in the global intelligent hearing protection devices market. This report also presents market segmentations based on end-user (defense and law enforcement, aviation, oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, and consumer), product format (earplugs and earmuffs), and geography (APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW).
Outlook of the global intelligent hearing protection devices market
According to the market analyst at Technavio, the global intelligent hearing protection devices market will grow progressively and post a notable CAGR of approximately 10% by 2020. One of the primary factors driving the market will be the rising demand for intelligent hearing protection products across the defense industry. Continuous exposure of members of the army, navy, and air force to incessant noise from aircraft engines and impulse noise such as firing and blasts that cause hearing disabilities will result in the growth of the market. Various vendors will invest in R&D for developing specialized hearing protection products that provide hearing protection, situational awareness, and integrated communication systems with improvised introduction to better on-field realization. Other technological advancements will include designs bearing compatibility with the helmet’s head and face protection equipment.
The analyst predicts that North America will dominate the market and will post an impressive CAGR of about 11% by 2020. The growing demand from industrial end-users and consumers and leading vendors that introduce new products for a varied range of applications will be the key drivers for market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, worker safety regulations and the high cost of employee compensation in case of injuries will compel many major employers in the region to invest in products with a wide selection of custom-contoured intelligent hearing protection products.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Competition in the market will be moderate during the forecast period due to the small number of sellers in the market. Their core focus will be on R&D for innovative products, deployment of level-dependent hearing technology, and the introduction of improvised and patented smart hearing technologies. For instance, SensGard recently introduced lightweight and non-electronic intelligent hearing products. Innovations like these will drive the growth of the market during the estimated period.
Key vendors in the market are -
Some of the other prominent vendors in the market are SensGard, Etymotic Research, Sensear, NoNoise, Silenta, Starkey Hearing Technologies, Hellberg Safety, and Hunter Electronic.
Segmentation based on end-user and analysis of the intelligent hearing protection devices market
- Defense and law enforcement
- Oil and gas
The analyst predicts that the defense and law enforcement sector will dominate the market and will post an impressive CAGR of 11% by 2020. Modernization programs in the defense industries will increase the demand for products that expand the coordination between team members and enhance situational awareness; thus, fueling the growth of this market segment.
Segmentation based on product format and analysis of the intelligent hearing protection devices market
During 2015, earplugs dominated the market accounting for around 60% for the total market share. The factors contributing to the growth of the earplugs segment in the market will be the availability of lightweight, compact, and easy to carry alternatives for several customers such as musicians, performers, and motorsport enthusiasts who prefer products that are less visible.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global intelligent hearing protection devices market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global intelligent hearing protection devices market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global intelligent hearing protection devices market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global intelligent hearing protection devices market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global intelligent hearing protection devices market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Baby Monitor Market 2015-2019
- Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market 2016-2020
- Global Hearing Aids Market 2015-2019
- Global MEMS Microphone Market 2016-2020
- Global Personal Protective Equipment Market 2016-2020
- Global Cochlear Implants Market 2016-2020
Intelligent hearing protectors help workers to increase their ability to communicate with others and comprehend their working environments while working in high-noise conditions. The intelligent hearing protection equipment provides protection from continuous noise, specifically in extreme noise environments and remote work sites. Numerous workers across the industries suffer from preventable hearing loss annually due to the high workplace noise levels. To provide hearing protection to workers and also to overcome the issue of communication in high noise environments, several industries are adopting intelligent hearing protection system to enhance the hearing capabilities at such risky workplaces so that the workers are aware of their surroundings.
The report, global intelligent hearing protector market, is a part of Technavio’s new research areas portfolio. This portfolio provides a comprehensive market analysis along with the market share, market sizing, and market segmentations covering areas such as agricultural equipment, furniture and home furnishing, health and wellness, home kitchen and large appliances, lab equipment, and outdoor gear. These market research reports provide a perspective on the various market opportunities and market threats along with the key trends that would influence the market growth during the forecast period. It presents insights into the changing competitive landscape and a detailed profiling and market analysis of the vendors. Also covered in the research are the key regions or countries that would have an impact on the market during the assessment years.
Table of Content
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Vendor segmentation
- Common currency conversion rates
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Global personal protective equipment market
- Global intelligent hearing protection market
PART 06: Market segmentation by end user
- Global intelligent hearing protection market for defense and law enforcement
- Global intelligent hearing protection market for aviation industry
- Global intelligent hearing protection market for oil and gas industry
- Global intelligent hearing protection market for construction industry
- Global intelligent hearing protection market for manufacturing industry
- Global intelligent hearing protection market for consumers
PART 07: Market segmentation by product format
- Global earplug-based intelligent hearing protection market
- Global earmuff-based intelligent hearing protection market
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Intelligent hearing protection market in North America
- Intelligent hearing protection market in APAC
- Intelligent hearing protection market in Europe
- Intelligent hearing protection market in ROW
PART 09: Market drivers
- Strong demand from defense industry
- Technological advances and product improvement
- Advances in earplug and shell material technology
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
- Issues with comfort and fit
- Slow growth of disposable earplug-based products in North America
- Growth of alternative solutions
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
- Focus on products for individual consumers
- Increasing demand from energy industry
- Provision of support and customization services
PART 14: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Key vendor ranking
- Other prominent vendors: Ranking
- Product format analysis
PART 15: Other prominent vendor analysis
- Etymotic Research
- Hellberg Safety
- Hunter Electronic
- Silenta Group
- Starkey Hearing Technologies
PART 16: Key vendor analysis
PART 17: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 18: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.