Global Organic Field-effect Transistor (OFET) Market 2017-2021
- Published: Dec 2017
- Pages: 64
- SKU: IRTNTR15471
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research study identifies University of California, Santa Barbara, Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Graphenea and Chalmers University of Technology, and National Institute of Material Sciences as the leading players in the global organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market. A comprehensive analysis of this market is also presented by application (flexible OLED displays, smart cards, and tags) and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA).
Overview of the global organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market
Electronics OEMs are trying to decrease the size of semiconductor ICs, combine diverse features, and reduce the consumption of IC power because it helps in the production of portable electronic devices that consume less power. The growth in miniaturized products is resulting in an increased demand for organic semiconductors. This drives the adoption of OFETs in a variety of flexible and miniaturized electronic devices. Research analysis on the global organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market identifies that the increasing demand for miniaturized integrated circuits will be one of the major factors that will have a positive impact on the growth of the market. The application of OFETs enhances the miniaturization in the semiconductor industry, especially at a time when Moore's law is beginning to reach its limits. As a result, they offer an enhanced degree of performance. Technavio’s market research analysts predict that this market will grow at a CAGR of more than 7% by 2021.
Several governments and organizations are focusing on enhancing the energy efficiency and sustainability of electronic displays by implementing diverse industry standards. These standards also help in the reduction of carbon footprint. This is encouraging display manufacturers to adopt flexible OLEDs because they are eco-friendly and consume less power. This is witnessed as one of the key trends that will gain traction in the organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market during the estimated period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Vendors in the organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market are heavily investing in research and developmental activities to overcome the standardization issues. These investments are used by various universities and independent labs across the world to conduct research programs.
Key vendors in this market are -
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Graphenea and Chalmers University of Technology
- National Institute of Material Sciences
Segmentation by application and analysis of the OFET market
- Flexible OLED displays
- Smart cards
The sales volume of OLED display panels is increasing because they are thinner in comparison to LCD display panels. The organic field effect transistor market is experiencing growth in the flexible OLED displays segment due to the growing investments from OEMs such as Apple and SAMSUNG on flexible display technologies.
Segmentation by geography and analysis of the OFET market
A large number of flat-panel TV, tablet, smartphone, and wearable device manufacturers are present in various countries such as South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and China. The high concentration of consumer electronics companies in the APAC region is driving the growth prospects for the organic field effect transistor market.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2021?
- What are the key factors driving the global organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global organic field-effect transistor (OFET) market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
PART 03: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
PART 04: INTRODUCTION
- Market outline
PART 05: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY APPLICATION
- Global OFET market by application
- Global OFET market by flexible OLED displays
- Global OFET market by smart cards
- Global OFET market by tags
PART 07: REGIONAL LANDSCAPE
- Geographical segmentation
- Regional comparison
- APAC – Market size and forecast
- Americas – Market size and forecast
- EMEA – Market size and forecast
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity
PART 08: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
PART 09: MARKET TRENDS
- Growing adoption of OLED displays in automotive applications
- Increasing demand for energy-efficient products
- Growing number of card transactions
PART 10: DEVELOPMENT LANDSCAPE
- Development scenario
PART 11: APPENDIX
- List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.