Global Digital Printing Market for Packaging 2017-2021
- Published: Mar 2017
- Pages: 70
- SKU: IRTNTR11426
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
The global digital printing market for packaging market report offers an up-to-date analysis of the market concerning the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall global environment. This report provides an analysis of the market by packaging type (flexible plastic, labels, corrugated and folding cartons, and other packaging types) and geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA). The report also provides an analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several companies including DuPont, Flint, HP, and Xerox.
The infographic below contains key findings from our analysis of the digital printing market
Want a bigger picture? Try a FREE sample of this report now!
See the complete table of contents and list of exhibits, as well as selected illustrations and example pages from this report.
Overview of the global digital printing market for packaging
The digital printing market research for packaging predicts the market to post a CAGR of close to 11% during the forecast period. The increasing demand for premium packaging will be a major digital printing market driver until the end of 2021. The market is witnessing an increasing demand for premium packaging materials from various industries that produce cosmetics, alcoholic drinks, and household items, which, in turn, will propel the growth prospects for the global digital printing market for packaging. In addition, some of the associated industries are mainly from developed and mature markets such as the US, Japan, and Western Europe.
The rapid shift from labels to other packaging types will drive the digital printing market growth for the next four years. One of the major factors responsible for the increasing adoption of newer formats for packaging such as cans, pouches, and other convenient packaging solutions with printed product descriptions is the growing demand for these materials from the food and beverage industry.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global packaging printing market is highly competitive and diversified due to the presence of a large number of regional and international vendors across the globe. In addition, these vendors are increasingly making efforts to survive in the highly competitive environment by distinguishing their product and service offerings through a clear and unique value proposition. According to the industry research report, a multitude of vendors is increasingly coming up with technologically advanced products to improve customer experience and gain a competitive edge over other vendors.
According to the digital printing market analysis, the key vendors in this market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Anglia Labels, Cenveo, SCREEN Holdings, EC Labels, Edwards Label, Graphix Labels & Packaging, INX International Ink, Kodak, Mondi, and WS Packaging.
Get more value with Technavio’s INSIGHTS subscription platform! Gain easy access to all of Technavio’s reports, along with on-demand services. Try the demo
Segmentation by packaging type and analysis of the digital printing market for packaging
- Flexible plastic
- Corrugated and folding cartons
The flexible plastic segment accounted for the majority digital printing market share during 2016 and will continue to dominate the market for the next four years. Some of the major factors responsible for the growing adoption of flexible packaging materials is the increasing demand for convenience, custom printed packaging, low cost, and lightweight products.
Segmentation by geography and analysis of the digital printing market for packaging
In terms of geography, APAC accounted for the majority market share during 2016 and will continue to dominate the market during the forecasted period. Some of the major factors responsible for the market's growth in the region is the robust growth of the retail sector, favorable economic conditions in the region, significant growth of the flexible packaging market, and advancement in the food packaging industry.
Want to dial in on a specific region or segment? We can help! Our analysts can customize this market research report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2021?
- What are the key factors driving the global digital printing market for packaging?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global digital printing market for packaging?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global digital printing market for packaging?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global digital printing market for packaging?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global digital printing market for packaging?
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Research Methodology
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by packaging type
- Global digital printing market for packaging by packaging type
- Global digital printing market for packaging by labels
- Global digital printing market for packaging by flexible plastic
- Global digital printing market for packaging by corrugated and folding cartons
- Global digital printing market for packaging by other packaging types
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Global digital printing market for packaging by geography
- Digital printing market for packaging in Americas
- Digital printing market for packaging in EMEA
- Digital printing market for packaging in APAC
PART 08: Decision framework
PART 09: Drivers and challenges
- Market drivers
- Impact of drivers on key customer segments
- Market challenges
- Impact of challenges on key customer segments
PART 10: Market trends
- Shift from labels to other packaging types
- Growing focus on sustainability will attract digital printing
- Increased use of inkjet technology for digital printing
PART 11: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Flint Group
- HP Inc.
- Other prominent vendors
PART 12: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.