Overview of the global biosolids market
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts the global biosolids market to grow steadily at a moderate CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period. The stringent government discharge laws regarding the wastewater sludge from chemical plants and processing plants has intensified the use of biosolids. Biosolids have a crucial potential value in terms of the overall expense of biosolids management. They are used as a waste product and offer an eco-friendly method for substituting the chemical fertilizers. People are becoming more aware about the benefits of biosolids and similar organic products, predominantly in agricultural production. The growing recognition and support for the beneficial use of biosolids will significantly propel the growth of this market over the next four years.
The growing agricultural activities across the globe will result in the increased adoption of biosolids in the agricultural sector. At present, the use of biosolids is popular only in the developed economies such as, Europe and the Americas. However, the developing countries offer a massive opportunity for the vendors to grow mainly due to their vast agricultural activities. The growing application of biosolids solutions to meet multiple objectives in agricultural and non-agricultural land applications and their ability to provide environmental sustainability will push the overall market growth during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global biosolids market is projected to grow at a moderate pace over the next four years. The rapid consumption of biosolids in agricultural and non-agricultural applications across the globe and the emerging applications related to energy, makes it a promising market. Key vendors dominate the market in terms of their geographical reach, product innovations, pricing, and quality. To gain a competitive edge over their peers, the market players are focusing on the formulation of application-specific biosolids. Competition in the market is expected to intensify during the forecast period due to the entry of various chemical giants.
Leading vendors in the market are -
- Casella Waste Systems
- Wm. H. Reilly
Other prominent vendors in the biosolids market include Arcadis, BCR Environmental, Biocore Environmental, Burch BioWave, Cambi, Fergus Power Pump, Lystek International, Managed Organic Recycling, Merrell Bros., Parker Ag Services, Parkson, RDP Technologies, Recyc Systems, Synagro, Terratec, Trojan Technologies, and Walker Industries.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the biosolids market
- Agricultural land applications
- Non-agricultural land applications
- Energy-related applications
Agricultural land application possesses the largest share in the biosolids market and is anticipated to occupy more than 59% of the total market share by 2020. The two key agricultural land applications are fertilizers and soil conditioners for food crops and fodder crops. Crop fertilizer is the major application of biosolids in agriculture land applications. The valuable uses of biosolids in agricultural land applications include areas such as fertilizer and soil amendment, manufactured soils, compost production, and erosion control. The segment is likely to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% during the predicted period.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the biosolids market
- North America
North America will continue its dominance in the biosolids market during the forecast period and is likely to occupy more than 43% of the overall market revenue by 2020. Much of the region’s growth comes from the US, which is the largest biosolids producing country across the globe. Owing to stringent environmental safeguards on effluent disposal, water recycling has become very prominent in the region leading to the generation of biosolids. Moreover, growing concerns over wastewater treatment will also result in the generation of massive volumes of biosolids in the region in the coming years.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global biosolids market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global biosolids market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global biosolids market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global biosolids market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Europe, North America, and ROW.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global biosolids market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Content
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
- Types of sludge
- Exports and imports
- Product definition
- Biosolids value chain
- Biosolids management cost
- Quality of biosolids
- Greenhouse gas implications of biosolids
PART 05: Market landscape
- Global biosolids market
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by application
- Biosolids in agricultural land applications
- Biosolids in non-agricultural land applications
- Biosolids in energy-related applications
PART 07: Geographical segmentation
- Biosolids market in North America
- Biosolids market in Europe
- Biosolids market in APAC
- Biosolids market in ROW
PART 08: Market drivers
- Environmental and economic value
- Reduced carbon emissions and dependency on non-renewable resources
- Awareness of low risk
- New and sustainable recycling option
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- Health and environment risks
- Appearance and smell nuisance of biosolids
- Perception of people
- Location of markets
- Regulatory and policy framework
- Composition of metals
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Growth in agricultural activities
- Rise in federal intervention in water management
- Growth of water trade and its new prospects
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Competitive advantage
- Global production base concentration
- Key market vendors
- Other prominent vendors
- Casella Waste Systems
- GeoEnvironment Technologies
- Wm. H. Reilly & Co.
PART 14: Appendix
PART 15: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape