Overview of the global CVT market for two-wheelers
The global CVT market for two-wheelers is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of close to 11% during the forecast period. Factors such as the growing traffic congestion on roads across the globe will drive the growth prospects for the global CVT market for two-wheelers during the forecast period. In countries, such as India, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Malaysia, the challenge of increased traffic congestion on roads is an inescapable condition. Various factors such as the rapid urbanization, an increase in the number of vehicles, and the rise in the household income result in an increase in traffic congestion. Also, the increasing traffic affects the business sectors by increasing the travel time and lowering the rate of mobility. In addition, traffic congestion leads to increased air pollution due to the emission of harmful gasses such as mono-nitrogen oxides (NOx). These factors compel the consumers to shift from four-wheelers to two-wheelers as it improves personal mobility, reduces travel time, and decreases traffic congestion. Consequently, most consumers are increasingly adopting CVT-equipped vehicles instead of gear equipped vehicles, which provides enhanced personal mobility and better riding quality.
The increasing popularity of moto scooters will propel the growth prospects for the global CVT market until the end of 2020. In general, the moto scooters have the attributes of both scooters as well as motorcycles. For instance, Navi is a moto scooter that is comparatively light in weight, has an improved power-to-weight ratio, contemporary appearance, and the price is much lower than its peers. Such advanced features of the moto scooters in the market will boost its demand among the consumers.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The market is highly competitive due to the presence of well-established players who are constantly striving to capture maximum market shares. As the popularity of CVTs equipped in two-wheelers is growing among the consumers, many players are entering this segment. Furthermore, the international players are expected to grow inorganically during the forecast period through mergers and takeovers by acquiring regional or local players. In addition, the market vendors are focusing on distinguishing their products and services either through product differentiation or through cost differentiation or a mix of both the strategies to gain a sustainable competitive advantage.
Key vendors in this market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Suzuki and Hero.
Segmentation by cubic capacity and analysis of the CVT market for two-wheelers
The mid-capacity segment of the market accounted for the maximum market share during 2015 and will continue to dominate the market for the next few years. Since a wide range of CVT vehicles are available in the mid-capacity segment with cubic capacity ranging between 100 ccs to 200 ccs, the global CVT market for two-wheelers is predominantly occupied by this segment.
Segmentation by geography and analysis of the CVT market for two-wheelers
In terms of geography, APAC accounted for the maximum market share during 2015 and will continue to dominate the market for the next few years. Since various countries in APAC, such as India, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Malaysia, exhibit a high adoption rate for CVTs equipped two-wheelers in the region, the market in this region will experience continuous growth over the next few years.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global continuously variable transmission (CVT) market for two-wheelers?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global continuously variable transmission (CVT) market for two-wheelers?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global continuously variable transmission (CVT) market for two-wheelers?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global continuously variable transmission (CVT) market for two-wheelers?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global continuously variable transmission (CVT) market for two-wheelers?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Scope of the report
PART 04: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 05: Introduction
PART 06: Market landscape
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 07: Market segmentation by cubic capacity
- Global CVT market for two-wheelers by cubic capacity
- Global CVT market for two-wheelers in low-capacity segment
- Global CVT market for two-wheelers in mid-capacity segment
- Global CVT market for two-wheelers in high-capacity segment
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
- Global CVT market for two-wheelers by geography
- CVT market for two-wheelers in Americas
- CVT market for two-wheelers in EMEA
- CVT market for two-wheelers in APAC
PART 09: Key leading countries
PART 10: Market drivers
- Growing traffic congestion on roads
- Increase in personal mobility
- Ease of riding
PART 11: Impact of drivers
PART 12: Market challenges
- Rubber band effect in CVT
- Stiff competition from manual transmission vehicles
PART 13: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 14: Market trends
- Increased popularity of moto scooters
- Rise in demand for luxury segment scooters
PART 15: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Other prominent vendors
PART 16: Key vendor analysis
PART 17: Appendix
PART 18: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape