Global Temperature Sensor Market 2017-2021
- Published: Nov 2017
- Pages: 78
- SKU: IRTNTR15573
This industry research report identifies Honeywell International, Microchip Technology, NXP Semiconductors, and Panasonic as the key vendors in the global temperature sensor market. This industry research report also presents a detailed analysis of the market by application (consumer electronics, HVAC, food and beverage, automotive, oil and gas, and others) and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA).
Overview of the global temperature sensor market
Temperature sensors are primarily used in the food and beverage industry to check the temperature for quality assurance of the food products. The temperature in the production and storage stages must be optimum to ensure the quality and freshness of the packaged food products. Technavio’s market study identifies the increasing applications of temperature sensors in the food and beverage industry to be one of the primary growth factors for the temperature sensor market. Temperature sensors continuously monitors the temperature and alerts the workers of any deviation in temperature. Our market analysts estimate that the market will grow steadily at a CAGR of almost 12% by 2021.
The demand for contactless temperature sensors is steadily increasing in the temperature monitor market due to their convenience and ease of use. Due to their reduced complexity in comparison to contact temperature sensors, conveniently in hazardous environments such as places that are exposed to radiation and microwaves. These contactless temperature sensors monitor temperature with high accuracy due to the integrated data acquisition system. Their small size improves their chances for micro-focusing beamlines. The increasing demand for contactless temperature sensors is identified to be one of the key factors having a positive impact on the temperature sensor market.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The temperature sensor market is moderately fragmented owing to the presence of several international, regional, and local vendors. Growing demand from end-user industries such as consumer electronics, automobiles, and defense and aerospace. Owing to the intense competition, the established players are investing heavily in R&D to develop advanced sensors that can cater to the diversified markets. Consolidation of established players are resulting in price wars. Also, the temperature monitor market is witnessing increasing number of new entrants.
The leading vendors in the market are
- Honeywell International
- Microchip Technology
- NXP Semiconductors
The other prominent vendors in the market are ABB, Analog Devices, Emerson, Maxim Integrated, and Siemens.
Segmentation by application and analysis of the temperature sensor market
- Consumer electronics
- Food and beverage
- Oil and gas
Temperature sensors are used in several oil and gas applications in upstream, midstream, and downstream processes. These sensors are used to detect the temperature of oil wells and are installed in reactors, pumps, and steam drums. As the sensors need to be immersed during oil exploration, the demand for non-contact infrared sensors that can operate under high temperature and can be exposed to corrosion is increasing. These factors are influencing the growth of this segment in the temperature monitor market.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the temperature sensor market
The Americas will be the major revenue contributor to the temperature monitor market due to the growing construction of smart homes and the growth of the automotive industry. Furthermore, the extensive industrial growth and the growing demand for consumer electronics, will also contribute to the growth of the temperature sensor market in the Americas.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size, market forecast and the growth rate be in 2021?
- What are the key factors driving the global temperature sensor market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global temperature sensor market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global temperature sensor market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global temperature sensor market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global temperature sensor market?
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: SCOPE OF THE REPORT
PART 03: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
PART 04: INTRODUCTION
- Market outline
PART 05: MARKET LANDSCAPE
- Market overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: MARKET SEGMENTATION BY APPLICATION
- Global temperature sensor market by application 2016-2021– Market size & forecast
- Comparison by application
- Global temperature sensor market by oil and gas 2016-2021 – Market size & forecast
- Global temperature sensor market by automotive 2016-2021 – Market size & forecast
- Global temperature sensor market by food and beverage 2016-2021 – Market size & forecast
- Global temperature sensor market by HVAC 2016-2021 – market size & forecast
- Global temperature sensor market by consumer electronics 2016-2021 – Market size & forecast
- Global temperature sensor market by others 2016-2021 – Market size & forecast
PART 07: REGIONAL LANDSCAPE
- Geographical segmentation of global temperature sensor market 2016-2021
- Regional comparison
- Americas – Market size & forecast
- EMEA – Market size & forecast
- APAC – Market size & forecast
- Key leading countries
PART 08: DECISION FRAMEWORK
PART 09: DRIVERS AND CHALLENGES
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
PART 10: MARKET TRENDS
- Increasing demand for DTS
- Increasing demand for contactless temperature sensors
PART 11: VENDOR LANDSCAPE
- Competitive Scenario
- Other prominent vendors
- Key vendor analysis
PART 12: VENDOR ANALYSIS
- Vendor overview
PART 13: APPENDIX
- List of abbreviations
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?