Education Hardware Market in India 2016-2020
- Published: May 2016
- Pages: 71
- SKU: IRTNTR8933
The 2022-2026 version of this report is just being published. Buy it now and get up to $1000 worth of free customization!
This market research study presents a detailed segmentation of the education hardware market in India by product (desktop, laptop, tablet, projector, and IWB) and by end user (K-12 and higher education). The key vendors in the market are Apple, Dell, HP, and Samsung.
Educational hardware market insights
Technavio’s market research analyst predicts that the education hardware market in India will grow at an impressive CAGR of over 20% during the forecast period. The education sector in India is experiencing significant changes owing to the recent transition and expansion in digital services. With the introduction of educational hardware, students will be able to replace traditional books with PCs, laptops and tablets. Of the all the devices available, tablets are projected to overtake laptops and PCs because of their portability. This change will be highest at the secondary school levels and even at colleges as tablets reduce the need for students to refer to textbooks for each subject.
Moreover, with the growing number of digital applications in the education sector, teachers will be able to engage students in gathering information from these applications. For instance, Microsoft India, which is in partnership with MBD Group, Acer, and Tata Teleservices, has launched bundled tablets to serve private schools. This increase in the adoption of tablets by the end users in the education sector will bolster the growth prospects for this market until the end of 2020.
Educational hardware market trends
Many schools and colleges are modifying their curricula to incorporate digital learning to keep pace with the rest of the world. Moreover, many universities are also developing academic curricula and databases on digital platforms to facilitate easy accessibility of study materials to the students. Students benefit immensely from having substantial sources and materials available to them whenever they need it.
Additionally, many schools also use open educational resources, which are a source of a wide range of materials in the form of videos. Tablets made available to students offer users the opportunity to program in languages like Python and C++. Incorporation of digital content is a trend that is here to stay and will boost market growth beyond the forecast period.
Educational hardware market segmentation by product
The tablet segment is expected to overtake the desktops segment in the education hardware market by the end of 2020. This segment will grow at a phenomenal CAGR of close to 40% by the end of the forecast period. Factors such as the digitization of education will fuel the demand for tablets in the coming years.
Educational hardware market segmentation by end-users
- Higher education
During 2015, the K-12 segment was the largest and accounted for a market share of more than 61%. Many schools are deploying blended learning methods to make the process of learning more productive. With the increasing involvement of technology startups and the implementation of government initiatives, this segment will continue to flourish through the forecast period.
Educational hardware market opportunities for key vendors
The education hardware market in India has experienced tremendous growth in spite of intense competition. There are quite a few opportunities for vendors to explore and capitalize on market shares by deploying new technologies and tools to fulfill the stakeholder’s needs. More schools and colleges are going to rely heavily on devices like desktops and tablets to make materials readily available to students and teachers. Even though there are quite a few vendors in each segment, the market is dominated by just a few in their respective segments. Vendors are focusing on the product as well as software in tandem to gain maximum market traction.
Key vendors in the educational hardware market
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the education hardware market in India?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the education hardware market in India?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the education hardware market in India?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the education hardware market in India?
- Trending factors influencing the market share in India.
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the education hardware market in India?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Smart Classroom Market in India 2016-2020
- Online Education Market in India 2016-2020
- Global Education Apps Market - Market Study 2015-2019
- Global Digital Education Content Market 2015-2019
Table of Contents
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
- Market overview
- Top-vendor offerings
PART 03: Market research methodology
- Research methodology
- Economic indicators
PART 04: Introduction
- Key market highlights
PART 05: Market landscape
- Digitization of education in India: Overview
- Market size and forecast
- Five forces analysis
PART 06: Market segmentation by product
- Education hardware market in India by product
- Education desktop market in India
- Education laptop market in India
- Education tablet market in India
- Education projector market in India
- Education IWB market in India
PART 07: Market segmentation by end-user
- Education hardware market in India by end-user
- Education hardware market in India by K-12
- Education hardware market in India by higher education
PART 08: Market drivers
- Deployment of tablets for learning
- Ease of school administrative activities with education hardware
- Cloud-based online education system
- Facilitation for flexible learning
PART 09: Impact of drivers
PART 10: Market challenges
- Safety and security
- Poor digital literacy among faculty
- Lack of infrastructure
- Intense competition among vendors
PART 11: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 12: Market trends
- Government emphasis on digitization
- Integration of software services
- Incorporation of digital content
- Automation of administrative workflow
PART 13: Vendor landscape
- Competitive scenario
- Competitive benchmarking
- Growth strategy
PART 14: Key vendor analysis
PART 15: Other prominent vendors
- Other prominent vendors
- AsusTek Computer
- HCL Technologies
PART 16: Appendix
- List of abbreviations
PART 17: Explore Technavio
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your FREE sample now!
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Want to customize this report?
This report can be personalized according to your needs. Our analysts and industry experts will work directly with you to understand your requirements and provide you with customized data in a short amount of time.