Industrial Media Converters Market by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Sep 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR44472
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
The industrial media converters' market share is expected to increase by USD 67.32 million from 2020 to 2025, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.59%.
This industrial media converters market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers industrial media converters' market segmentation by end-user (process industry and discrete industry) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America). The industrial media converters market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Advantech Co. Ltd., Aegis Logistics Ltd., Antaira Technologies LLC, Beijer Electronics Group AB, Belden Inc., Infinite Electronics Inc., Moxa Inc., Phoenix Contact GmbH and Co. KG, Siemens AG, and Volktek Corp. among others.
What will the Industrial Media Converters Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download Report Sample to Unlock the Industrial Media Converters Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Industrial Media Converters Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a negative impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The ease of installation in existing cabling infrastructure is notably driving the industrial media converters market growth, although factors such as regular maintenance requirements for fiber optics may impede the market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the industrial media converters industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help deduce end goals and refine marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Industrial Media Converters Market Driver
Ease of installation in existing cabling infrastructure is one of the major drivers impacting the industrial media converters market growth. The major drawback of using twisted pair wiring is its limited transmission distance of 100 meters. This challenge can be resolved using fiber optics as fiber cables are efficient in data transmission over longer distances, besides being economical when compared with copper wire. However, the complete replacement of network cables from copper wires to fiber cables proves difficult and leads to high capital expenditure. As copper wires are easy to install, most process and discrete industries have a large installed base of copper wiring. Additionally, switching from copper to fiber requires industrial operators to replace the expensive equipment that has copper ports. The use of a media converter helps in the easy transition of media types and extension of the LAN using fiber optic cables in the existing infrastructure. The use of single-mode optical fiber can increase the reach to up to 130 km.
Key Industrial Media Converters Market Trend
The increasing need for monitoring media converters is one of the major trends influencing the industrial media converters market growth. The continuous monitoring system eases the diagnosis of problems as even minor faults such as the loss of fiber strands or link loss can be monitored. The high-speed data connectivity between the factory and service providers has increased the need for monitoring the network for service providers and plant operators. Instead of having an SNMP management entity at both ends, a managed optical converter or optical demarcation module can be deployed at one end. It is mostly used by network administrators to manage network performance, detect and correct network problems, and collect network statistics. Similarly, Advantech provides the iMcV-FiberLinX-II, which can be installed at an industrial LAN edge for managing the uplink fiber port, remotely managing industrial equipment, and providing alerts during long-hauls by providing statistics related to data traffic. End-to-end integrity is maintained as the host data traffic is not visible to the industrial network, nor is access to the customer network required. Using optical demarcation modules can help in monitoring the network systems and reducing faults in them.
Key Industrial Media Converters Market Challenge
The regular maintenance requirement for fiber optics is one of the major challenges impeding the industrial media converters market growth. Though fiber optics are being increasingly used in industrial applications for transferring data across a long distance, they require timely maintenance. As fiber optics are made of glass, twisting and bending the wires may break the glass strands. Additionally, the installation process is difficult in comparison to UTP cables, as fiber optic cables cannot be spliced easily and usually get damaged during the installation and network construction activity. Though the cost for fiber optic cables has decreased, the maintenance cost is increasing as special equipment is required to monitor the fiber optics network, such as optical time-domain reflectometry (OTDR), optical probes, and power meters for testing the fiber network. Even though media converters provide features such as link fault pass (LFP) functions that alert when one side of the link fails, additional testing devices for monitoring fiber optical cables are required. Therefore, the complexity of the maintenance of fiber optics is high, which acts as a challenge for the growth of the global industrial media converters market.
This industrial media converters market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global industrial media converters market as a part of the global electrical components and equipment market within the global electrical equipment. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the industrial media converters market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Industrial Media Converters Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the market’s competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Advantech Co. Ltd.
- Aegis Logistics Ltd.
- Antaira Technologies LLC
- Beijer Electronics Group AB
- Belden Inc.
- Infinite Electronics Inc.
- Moxa Inc.
- Phoenix Contact GmbH and Co. KG
- Siemens AG
- Volktek Corp.
This statistical study of the industrial media converters market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The industrial media converters market is fragmented and the vendors are deploying growth strategies such as focusing on easy access to fast-growing markets such as owing to the rising industrialization by southeast Asian countries to compete in the market.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from post COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The industrial media converters market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the leading companies' production, sustainability, and prospects.
Industrial Media Converters Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the industrial media converters market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of electrical components and equipment includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for Industrial Media Converters Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request PDF Sample now!
31% of the market's growth will originate from Europe during the forecast period. Germany and Russian Federation are the key markets for the industrial media converters market in Europe. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
The gradual shift from conventional sources of energy generation to renewable sources will facilitate the industrial media converters market growth in Europe over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
Factors such as COVID-19-related lockdowns, social distancing norms, and financial distress are causing customers to refrain from car purchasing. Moreover, various automobile manufacturing facilities faced temporary closures during stringent lockdowns imposition in the region in 2020, which in turn led to a decline in demand for communication equipment, such as industrial media convertors. However, with the advent of COVID-19 vaccines in the region by the end of 2020, there has been a rise in manufacturing activities in the region. Moreover, the rising investment in the automotive industry has fueled the demand for industrial media converters in 2021. For instance, in July 2021, Rivian Automotive announced its plan to open its second assembly plant in the US. The plant will produce both electric vehicles and battery cells. Such trends are expected to boost the growth of the market in focus in North America during the forecast period.
What are the Revenue-generating End User Segments in the Industrial Media Converters Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request PDF Sample
The industrial media converters' market share growth by the process industries segment will be significant during the forecast period. Process industries have increased the adoption of wireless devices. Media converters facilitate the process of communication and data flows in the process industry. As automated devices aid industrial operators in reducing the cost to gain a competitive advantage, the increasing popularity of automated devices and the need for high-speed ethernet connectivity are expected to increase the demand for media converters.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the industrial media converters' market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Industrial Media Converters Market Scope
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.59%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 67.32 million
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
Europe at 31%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, China, Germany, and Russian Federation
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Advantech Co. Ltd., Aegis Logistics Ltd., Antaira Technologies LLC, Beijer Electronics Group AB, Belden Inc., Infinite Electronics Inc., Moxa Inc., Phoenix Contact GmbH and Co. KG, Siemens AG, and Volktek Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Industrial Media Converters Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive industrial media converters market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the industrial media converters market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the industrial media converters industry across North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of industrial media converters market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Electrical components and equipment
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Process industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Process industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Process industry - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Discrete industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Discrete industry - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Discrete industry - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Advantech Co. Ltd.
- 10.4 Aegis Logistics Ltd.
- Exhibit 48: Aegis Logistics Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Aegis Logistics Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: Aegis Logistics Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 51: Aegis Logistics Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Antaira Technologies LLC
- Exhibit 52: Antaira Technologies LLC - Overview
- Exhibit 53: Antaira Technologies LLC - Product and service
- Exhibit 54: Antaira Technologies LLC - Key offerings
- 10.6 Beijer Electronics Group AB
- Exhibit 55: Beijer Electronics Group AB - Overview
- Exhibit 56: Beijer Electronics Group AB - Business segments
- Exhibit 57: Beijer Electronics Group AB - Key offerings
- Exhibit 58: Beijer Electronics Group AB - Segment focus
- 10.7 Belden Inc.
- Exhibit 59: Belden Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 60: Belden Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 61: Belden Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 62: Belden Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 63: Belden Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 Infinite Electronics Inc.
- Exhibit 64: Infinite Electronics Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 65: Infinite Electronics Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 66: Infinite Electronics Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.9 Moxa Inc.
- Exhibit 67: Moxa Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 68: Moxa Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 69: Moxa Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 70: Moxa Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Phoenix Contact GmbH and Co. KG
- Exhibit 71: Phoenix Contact GmbH and Co. KG - Overview
- Exhibit 72: Phoenix Contact GmbH and Co. KG - Product and service
- Exhibit 73: Phoenix Contact GmbH and Co. KG - Key offerings
- 10.11 Siemens AG
- Exhibit 74: Siemens AG - Overview
- Exhibit 75: Siemens AG - Business segments
- Exhibit 76: Siemens AG - Key offerings
- Exhibit 77: Siemens AG - Segment focus
- 10.12 Volktek Corp.
- Exhibit 78: Volktek Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 79: Volktek Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 80: Volktek Corp. - Key offerings
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 81: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 82: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 83: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 84: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 85: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Russian Federation
- Ease of installation in existing cabling infrastructure
- Increasing need for monitoring media converters
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
Quick and easy buy and download option
Flexible option - Complimentary customization included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts