Laser Printer Market by Product and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Jan 2021
- Pages: 120
- SKU: IRTNTR70036
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The market share is expected to increase by USD 2.82 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 4.51%.
This market research report provides valuable insights on the post COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers market segmentations by product (laser MFPs and laser SFPs) and geographic (APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America). The market report also offers information on several market vendors, including Brother Industries Ltd., Canon Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., HP Inc., Konica Minolta Inc., KYOCERA Corp., Lexmark International Inc., Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd., Ricoh Co. Ltd., and Seiko Epson Corp. among others.
What will the Market Size be During the Forecast Period?
Download the Free Report Sample to Unlock the Market Size for the Forecast Period and Other Important Statistics
Market: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a neutral impact on the market growth during and post COVID-19 era. The increasing popularity of mfps is notably driving the market growth, although factors such as adoption of cloud data storage may impede market growth. Our research analysts have studied the historical data and deduced the key market drivers and the COVID-19 pandemic impact on the industry. The holistic analysis of the drivers will help in deducing end goals and refining marketing strategies to gain a competitive edge.
Key Laser Printer Market Driver
The increasing popularity of MFPs is a key driving factor impacting the global laser printer market growth. Single-function laser printing is the traditional printing method that has been employed in organizations across the corporate industry for many years. This is because of their high print volume and document functions (scan, fax, and copy). An increasing number of vendors are launching multifunctional laser printers for various printing formats to support the diverse organizational print requirements. In January 2018, Brother International launched nine new models of monochrome laser printers and all-in-one printers for small and home offices. These printers are equipped with advanced connectivity options, including NFC and a mobile printing capability. The popularity and adoption of MFPs in households and small and large corporates are expected to increase because they have multiple functionalities. This will drive the global laser printer market during the forecast period.
Key Laser Printer Market Trend
Increasing demand for compact laser printers is a key trending factor impacting the global laser printer market growth. The growth of compact laser printers is driven by the increasing demand for these printers from small workgroups, homes, and offices. Such printers are preferred by professionals who work at home and increasingly seek lower operating costs for maximum profitability without having to compromise on the quality and performance of the printer. Small workgroups, homes, and offices face space constraints. Thus, they tend to focus on products that occupy less space. Such customers prefer compact laser printers that can deliver excellent print quality and that are equipped with mobility features for easy printing using a smartphone. The above factors will increase the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Laser Printer Market Challenge
The adoption of cloud data storage will be a key challenge negatively impacting the global laser printer market growth. With the development of cloud computing, companies are increasingly adopting cloud data storage architectures. Cloud enables the online storage of data on remote servers. Companies can increasingly deploy cloud-based data storage solutions, such as Google Drive and Dropbox, that have remote access features for documents. The customer information on the Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) cloud can be accessed using smartphones or tablets. This information can also be shared with authorized parties. Cloud services enable faster and easy uploading, retrieval, and sharing of documents, which reduces the requirement of printing applications to print, store, and share documents in the hardcopy format. The adoption of cloud-based storage will pose a challenge to the global laser printer market. Such factors will hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
This market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global laser printer market as a part of the global electronic equipment and instruments market within the overall electronics market. Our research report has extensively covered external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the market during the forecast period.
Who are the Major Market Vendors?
The report analyzes the global electronic equipment and instruments market within the overall electronics market's competitive landscape and offers information on several market vendors, including:
- Brother Industries Ltd.
- Canon Inc.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- HP Inc.
- Konica Minolta Inc.
- KYOCERA Corp.
- Lexmark International Inc.
- Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd.
- Ricoh Co. Ltd.
- Seiko Epson Corp.
This statistical study of the market encompasses successful business strategies deployed by the key vendors. The market is concentrated and the vendors are deploying various organic and inorganic growth strategies to compete in the market.
Product Insights and News
HP Inc. - The company offers laser printers under the brand, HP LaserJet.
To make the most of the opportunities and recover from the post-COVID-19 impact, market vendors should focus more on the growth prospects in the fast-growing segments, while maintaining their positions in the slow-growing segments.
The market forecast report offers in-depth insights into key vendor profiles. The profiles include information on the production, sustainability, and prospects of the leading companies.
Market Value Chain Analysis
Our report provides extensive information on the value chain analysis for the market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The end-to-end understanding of the value chain is essential in profit margin optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The data available in our value chain analysis segment can help vendors drive costs and enhance customer services during the forecast period.
The value chain of the global electronic equipment and instruments market within the overall electronics market includes the following core components:
- Inbound logistics
- Outbound logistics
- Marketing and sales
- Support activities
The report has further elucidated other innovative approaches being followed by manufacturers to ensure a sustainable market presence.
Which are the Key Regions for the Market?
For more insights on the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
40% of the market's growth will originate from APAC during the forecast period. China is the key market for the market in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in regions.
One of the major reasons for the dominance of APAC is the presence of major laser printer manufacturers in the region which will facilitate the market growth in APAC over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
COVID Impact and Recovery Analysis
The market in the region is witnessing certain challenges due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. India, China, Pakistan, and South Korea are some of the most affected countries in the region. Moreover, some vendors have announced the partial shutdown of their operations due to the outbreak of the pandemic. For instance, in April 2020, Canon announced the shutdown of its Tokyo headquarters and four offices in Kawasaki, Japan, due to the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. All these factors have impacted the supply chain of laser printers in the region, which impacted the sales of laser printers in the region. However, the market is expected to recover and grow during the forecast period (post-COVID-19), owing to a recovery in the economy and the resumption of operations in the vendor and end-user industries.
What are the Revenue-generating Product Segments in the Market?
To gain further insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The market share growth in the Laser MFPs segment will be significant during the forecast period. The launch of innovative laser MFPs from key vendors in the market is expected to drive the growth of the market.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the market size and actionable market insights on post COVID-19 impact on each segment.
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 4.51%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 2828.84 million
YoY growth (%)
APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
Performing market contribution
APAC at 40%
Key consumer countries
China, US, Japan, Germany, and India
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Brother Industries Ltd., Canon Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., HP Inc., Konica Minolta Inc., KYOCERA Corp., Lexmark International Inc., Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd., Ricoh Co. Ltd., and Seiko Epson Corp.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Market Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the industry across APAC, Europe, North America, MEA, and South America
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis - Electronic equipment and instruments market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces summary
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by Product
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: Product - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by Product
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by Product
- 5.3 Laser MFPs - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Laser MFPs - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Laser MFPs - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Laser SFPs - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Laser SFPs - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Laser SFPs - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by Product
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by Product
6 Customer landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.2 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Brother Industries Ltd.
- Exhibit 43: Brother Industries Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Brother Industries Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: Brother Industries Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 46: Brother Industries Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Brother Industries Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.4 Canon Inc.
- Exhibit 48: Canon Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Canon Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: Canon Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 51: Canon Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Canon Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.5 Dell Technologies Inc.
- Exhibit 53: Dell Technologies Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Dell Technologies Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: Dell Technologies Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 56: Dell Technologies Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: Dell Technologies Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.6 HP Inc.
- 10.7 Konica Minolta Inc.
- Exhibit 63: Konica Minolta Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 64: Konica Minolta Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 65: Konica Minolta Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 66: Konica Minolta Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 67: Konica Minolta Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.8 KYOCERA Corp.
- Exhibit 68: KYOCERA Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 69: KYOCERA Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 70: KYOCERA Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 71: KYOCERA Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 72: KYOCERA Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Lexmark International Inc.
- Exhibit 73: Lexmark International Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 74: Lexmark International Inc. - Product and service
- Exhibit 75: Lexmark International Inc. - Key news
- Exhibit 76: Lexmark International Inc. - Key offerings
- 10.10 Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 77: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 78: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 79: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 80: Oki Electric Industry Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.11 Ricoh Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 81: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 82: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Business segments
- Exhibit 83: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 84: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 85: Ricoh Co. Ltd. - Segment focus
- 10.12 Seiko Epson Corp.
- Exhibit 86: Seiko Epson Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 87: Seiko Epson Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 88: Seiko Epson Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 89: Seiko Epson Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 90: Seiko Epson Corp. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 91: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 92: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 93: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 94: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 95: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- Increasing popularity of MFPs
- Increasing demand for compact laser printers
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts