Metal Cans Market for Food and Beverage Industry by End-user and Geography - Forecast and Analysis 2021-2025
- Published: Aug 2021
- Pages: 117
- SKU: IRTNTR40769
Enjoy complimentary customisation on priority with our Enterprise License!
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
The metal cans market share for food and beverage is expected to increase by USD 9.78 billion from 2020 to 2025, and the market's growth momentum will accelerate at a CAGR of 3.61%.
The metal cans market research report provides valuable insights into the post-COVID-19 impact on the market, which will help companies evaluate their business approaches. Furthermore, this report extensively covers the market segmentation by end-user (beverage and food) and geography (North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA).
The metal cans market for food and beverage industry report also offers information on several market vendors, including Amcor Plc, Ardagh Group SA, Ball Corp., Berlin Packaging LLC, COFCO Corp., Crown Holdings Inc., Fujian Hejin Food Can Industry Co. Ltd., J.L. Clark, National Can Industries Pty Ltd., and Silgan Holdings Inc. among others.
Amcor Plc - The company is privately held and headquartered in Switzerland. It is a global company generating USD 12,861 million in revenues and has around 46,000 employees. Its revenue from the global clamshell packaging market contributes to its overall revenues along with its other offerings, but it is not a key revenue stream for the company. The company offers different types of metal cans for the food and beverages industry such as Flexcan, Clearfix.
What will the Metal Cans Market Size for Food and Beverage Market be During the Forecast Period?
Get the Metal Cans Market Size Forecast by Download the Free Report Sample
Parent Market Analysis
Technavio categorizes the global metal cans market for food and beverage as a part of the global metal and glass containers market. Our research report extensively covers external factors influencing the parent market growth potential in the coming years, which will determine the levels of growth of the metal cans market during the forecast period.
Metal Cans Market for Food and Beverage: Key Drivers, Trends, and Challenges
Based on our research output, there has been a positive impact on the market growth during and post-COVID-19 era. The increasing launch of new food and beverage products in metal cans is notably driving the market growth, although factors such as increasing concerns about BPA present in metal cans may impede the market growth. Our researchers analyzed the data with 2022 as the base year, along with the key drivers, trends, and challenges. A holistic analysis of drivers will help companies refine their marketing strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
Key Market Driver
The increasing launch of new food and beverage products in metal cans is notably driving the metal cans market growth for food and beverage. The increasing launch of new food and beverage in metal cans is one of the drivers of the market. Nowadays, vendors prefer using metal cans for packaging new products. For instance, The mackerel line contains skinless and boneless mackerel fillets in marinades, and the tuna range features hand-picked pieces of tuna infused in oil. In May 2019, John West Foods Ltd. (John West) launched a new range of tuna toppings in the UK. Thus, the rising number of launches of food and beverage products in metal cans is expected to drive the growth of the metal cans market for the food and beverage industry during the forecast period.
Key Market Trend
The rise in the adoption of reusable packaging is the key market trend driving the metal cans market growth for food and beverage. The increasing adoption of reusable packaging by consumers due to the rising concerns about environmental pollution is one of the trends that would positively influence the growth of the market in focus during the forecast period. Metal cans can be reused multiple times without losing the quality of their material. A rise in the need for sustainable packaging and the reduced use of plastic packaging has led to an increase in the demand for reusable packaging. Some of the biggest global brands are focusing on introducing reusable packaging to phase out single-use plastic packaging. For instance, in January 2019, Nestl SA (Nestl ) announced its partnership with Loop. Such initiatives by various end-users will eventually lead to a rise in the demand for reusable packaging, including metal cans, which, in turn, will drive the growth of the market in focus during the forecast period.
Key Market Challenge
The major challenge impeding the metal cans market growth for food and beverage is the increasing concerns about BPA present in metal cans. BPA is found to seep into food and beverage from metal containers. Exposure to BPA can cause various health issues. Some of the health issues associated with BPA exposure are mentioned below: BPA is an endocrine disruptor and, thus, can interfere with the production and secretion of hormones and other hormonal activities inside the human body. BPA can cause reproductive disorders. High-Level exposure to BPA may increase the risk of erectile dysfunction and can affect egg maturation in humans. Thus, the health issues associated with BPA exposure can hinder the growth of the global metal cans market for the food and beverage industry during the forecast period.
This market analysis report also provides detailed information on other upcoming trends and challenges that will have a far-reaching effect on the market growth. The actionable insights on the trends and challenges will help companies evaluate and develop growth strategies for 2021-2025.
Metal Cans Market for Food and Beverage Market Value Chain Analysis
Our In-house experts produce extensive information on the value chain and parent market of the metal cans market, which vendors can leverage to gain a competitive advantage during the forecast period. The Value Chain information provides an end-to-end understanding of product insight and profit and also optimization and evaluation of business strategies. The players across the value chain include selective data and analysis from entire research findings as per the scope of the report.
Which are the Key Regions for Metal Cans Market for Food and Beverage Market?
Get a glance at the market share of various regions Request for a FREE sample now!
28% of the market's growth will originate from North America during the forecast period. US and Canada are the key markets for metal cans for food and beverage in North America. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in MEA.
The increasing demand for sustainable packaging among consumers is due to the rising concerns about environmental pollution and the increasing number of new food and beverage launches in metal cans. This will facilitate market growth in North America over the forecast period. This market research report entails detailed information on the competitive intelligence, marketing gaps, and regional opportunities in store for vendors, which will assist in creating efficient business plans.
What are the Revenue-generating End-user Segments in the Metal Cans Market for Food and Beverage Market?
To gain insights on the market contribution of various segments Request for a FREE sample
The market share growth by the beverage segment will be significant during the forecast period. The increasing launch of new beverages in metal cans is supporting the growth of the segment. There is a shift in the preference of beverage manufacturers, especially beer manufacturers, from glass bottles to metal cans as cans are lighter, incur low shipping costs, and keep beer in a better condition than glass. This, in turn, is expected to drive the growth of the market in focus during the forecast period.
This report provides an accurate prediction of the contribution of all the segments to the growth of the metal cans market size and actionable market insights on the post-COVID-19 impact on each segment.
You may be interested in the regional reports:
North America Food and Beverage Metal Can market - The market share will grow at a CAGR of almost 2% by 2021.
Metal Cans Market Scope for Food and Beverage
Growth momentum & CAGR
Accelerate at a CAGR of 3.61%
Market growth 2021-2025
$ 9.78 billion
YoY growth (%)
North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
Performing market contribution
North America at 28%
Key consumer countries
US, Canada, China, UK, Japan, and Germany
Leading companies, Competitive strategies, Consumer engagement scope
Key companies profiled
Amcor Plc, Ardagh Group SA, Ball Corp., Berlin Packaging LLC, COFCO Corp., Crown Holdings Inc., Fujian Hejin Food Can Industry Co. Ltd., J.L. Clark, National Can Industries Pty Ltd., and Silgan Holdings Inc.
Parent market analysis, Market growth inducers and obstacles, Fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID 19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, Market condition analysis for the forecast period
If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.
What are the Key Data Covered in this Metal Cans Market for Food and Beverage Report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2021-2025
- Detailed information on factors that will drive market growth during the next five years
- Precise estimation of the market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Accurate predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behaviour
- The growth of the metal cans industry for food and beverage across North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and MEA
- A thorough analysis of the market's competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of market vendors
We can help! Our analysts can customize this report to meet your requirements. Get in touch
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
- 2.1 Market ecosystem
- Exhibit 01: Parent market
- Exhibit 02: Market characteristics
- 2.2 Value chain analysis
- Exhibit 03: Value chain analysis: Metal and glass containers market
3 Market Sizing
- 3.1 Market definition
- Exhibit 04: Offerings of vendors included in the market definition
- 3.2 Market segment analysis
- Exhibit 05: Market segments
- 3.3 Market size 2020
- 3.4 Market outlook: Forecast for 2020 - 2025
- Exhibit 06: Global - Market size and forecast 2020 - 2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 07: Global market: Year-over-year growth 2020 - 2025 (%)
4 Five Forces Analysis
- 4.1 Five forces analysis
- Exhibit 08: Five forces analysis 2020 & 2025
- 4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
- Exhibit 09: Bargaining power of buyers
- 4.3 Bargaining power of suppliers
- Exhibit 10: Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4 Threat of new entrants
- Exhibit 11: Threat of new entrants
- 4.5 Threat of substitutes
- Exhibit 12: Threat of substitutes
- 4.6 Threat of rivalry
- Exhibit 13: Threat of rivalry
- 4.7 Market condition
- Exhibit 14: Market condition - Five forces 2020
5 Market Segmentation by End-user
- 5.1 Market segments
- Exhibit 15: End-user - Market share 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.2 Comparison by End-user
- Exhibit 16: Comparison by End-user
- 5.3 Beverage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 17: Beverage - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 18: Beverage - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.4 Food - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 19: Food - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 20: Food - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 5.5 Market opportunity by End-user
- Exhibit 21: Market opportunity by End-user
6 Customer Landscape
7 Geographic Landscape
- 7.1 Geographic segmentation
- Exhibit 23: Market share by geography 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.2 Geographic comparison
- Exhibit 24: Geographic comparison
- 7.3 North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 25: North America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 26: North America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.4 Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 27: Europe - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 28: Europe - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.5 APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 29: APAC - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 30: APAC - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.6 South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 31: South America - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 32: South America - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.7 MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025
- Exhibit 33: MEA - Market size and forecast 2020-2025 ($ million)
- Exhibit 34: MEA - Year-over-year growth 2020-2025 (%)
- 7.8 Key leading countries
- Exhibit 35: Key leading countries
- 7.9 Market opportunity by geography
- Exhibit 36: Market opportunity by geography ($ million)
8 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- 8.1 Market drivers
- 8.2 Market challenges
- Exhibit 37: Impact of drivers and challenges
- 8.3 Market trends
9 Vendor Landscape
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Vendor landscape
- Exhibit 38: Vendor landscape
- 9.3 Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 39: Landscape disruption
- Exhibit 40: Industry risks
10 Vendor Analysis
- 10.1 Vendors covered
- Exhibit 41: Vendors covered
- 10.2 Market positioning of vendors
- Exhibit 42: Market positioning of vendors
- 10.3 Amcor Plc
- Exhibit 43: Amcor Plc - Overview
- Exhibit 44: Amcor Plc - Business segments
- Exhibit 45: ?Amcor Plc - Key news
- Exhibit 46: Amcor Plc - Key offerings
- Exhibit 47: Amcor Plc - Segment focus
- 10.4 Ardagh Group SA
- Exhibit 48: Ardagh Group SA - Overview
- Exhibit 49: Ardagh Group SA - Business segments
- Exhibit 50: ?Ardagh Group SA - Key news
- Exhibit 51: Ardagh Group SA - Key offerings
- Exhibit 52: Ardagh Group SA - Segment focus
- 10.5 Ball Corp.
- Exhibit 53: Ball Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 54: Ball Corp. - Business segments
- Exhibit 55: ?Ball Corp. - Key news
- Exhibit 56: Ball Corp. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 57: Ball Corp. - Segment focus
- 10.6 Berlin Packaging LLC
- 10.7 COFCO Corp.
- Exhibit 61: COFCO Corp. - Overview
- Exhibit 62: COFCO Corp. - Product and service
- Exhibit 63: COFCO Corp.- Key news
- Exhibit 64: COFCO Corp. - Key offerings
- 10.8 Crown Holdings Inc.
- Exhibit 65: Crown Holdings Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 66: Crown Holdings Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 67: Crown Holdings Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 68: Crown Holdings Inc. - Segment focus
- 10.9 Fujian Hejin Food Can Industry Co. Ltd.
- Exhibit 69: Fujian Hejin Food Can Industry Co. Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 70: Fujian Hejin Food Can Industry Co. Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 71: Fujian Hejin Food Can Industry Co. Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.10 J.L. Clark
- Exhibit 72: J.L. Clark - Overview
- Exhibit 73: J.L. Clark - Business segments
- Exhibit 74: J.L. Clark- Key news
- Exhibit 75: J.L. Clark - Key offerings
- 10.11 National Can Industries Pty Ltd.
- Exhibit 76: National Can Industries Pty Ltd. - Overview
- Exhibit 77: National Can Industries Pty Ltd. - Product and service
- Exhibit 78: ?National Can Industries Pty Ltd. - Key news
- Exhibit 79: National Can Industries Pty Ltd. - Key offerings
- 10.12 Silgan Holdings Inc.
- Exhibit 80: Silgan Holdings Inc. - Overview
- Exhibit 81: Silgan Holdings Inc. - Business segments
- Exhibit 82: Silgan Holdings Inc. - Key offerings
- Exhibit 83: Silgan Holdings Inc. - Segment focus
- 11.1 Scope of the report
- 11.2 Currency conversion rates for US$
- Exhibit 84: Currency conversion rates for US$
- 11.3 Research methodology
- Exhibit 85: Research Methodology
- Exhibit 86: Validation techniques employed for market sizing
- Exhibit 87: Information sources
- 11.4 List of abbreviations
- Exhibit 88: List of abbreviations
Technavio presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The analysts have presented the various facets of the market with a particular focus on identifying the key industry influencers. The data thus presented is comprehensive, reliable, and the result of extensive research, both primary and secondary.
- Manufacturers and suppliers
- Channel partners
- Industry experts
- Strategic decision makers
- Industry journals and periodicals
- Government data
- Financial reports of key industry players
- Historical data
- Press releases
- Collation of data
- Estimation of key figures
- Analysis of derived insights
- Triangulation with data models
- Reference against proprietary databases
- Corroboration with industry experts
- Market drivers
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Five forces analysis
- Market size and forecast
- Market segmentation
- Geographical insights
- Competitive landscape
Get your sample now!
Frequently Asked Questions?
- increasing launch of new food and beverage products in metal cans
- rise in adoption of reusable packaging
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key global market and the regional market share?
- What are the revenue-generating key market segments?
- What are the key factors driving and challenging this market’s growth?
- Who are the key market vendors and their growth strategies?
- What are the latest trends influencing the growth of this market?
- What are the variables influencing the market growth in the primary regions?
- What are the factors influencing the growth of the parent market?
Why should you prefer Technavio's market insights report?
Certified ISO 9001 : 2015
We are ISO 9001:2015 recognized that ensures quality services and product delivery to our clients.
We are GDPR and CCPA compliant! Your transaction & personal information is protected from unauthorized use.
One user only.
Quick & easy download option
Unlimited user access (Within your organization)
Complimentary Customization Included
Get the report (PDF) sent to your email within minutes.
Subscribe & Save
Get lifetime access to our
Did you know?
Did you know?
Did you know?
Customized Report as per your Business Needs
- Our analysts will work directly with you and understand your needs
- Get data on specified regions or segments, competitor and Vendors
- Data will be formatted and presented as per your requirements
- We offer $1000 worth of FREE customization at the time of purchase
Let us help you make report more suited to your requirements.
- Get a competitive breakdown as per your niche industry
- Customize the data with various metrics that meet your business prerequisite
- Understand Revenue Sources, Customers and many more
- Details on Market Share
- These customizations are done in a short amount of time by our analysts and industry experts